Possible Hydraulic Setup?

You plan on using a Sears three point?
I think he's going to use a standard Cat 0 instead of the sub 0 Sears hitch because he has a lot of regular Cat 0 implements already.
Yep! It'll be Cat-0. Gonna take a bit of noodling, so I need good weather. I'll have to take the rear tires off to work on it. Gotta get creative for the lower arms to mount in the right place.

Been doing some research on the lower arm mounts this morning. Found a drawing I made up for the GTV. That gives me a location of 3" below and 2" behind the rear axle C/L. Just have to get the width now and see if that will work with the wheel offset I have on there now. Also have a clue as to the location of the upper cylinder mount on the rockshaft. That will make life easier when outside temps allow me to set things up.

Came in and played on Delta Cad for a bit. Wanted to get an idea of clearance for the lower arms to the tires. It'll be close, but should work. Won't be able to use cross chains due to the angled hitch plate on these. But I'll figure out something. Here's what I drew up:
Screen Shot 02-13-21 at 01.36 PM.JPG

Snow is supposed to start tonight and be sporadic thru Tues. May see 10". Oh well, it'll melt!

Kenny, I had an application where the chains wouldn't function correctly I attached a plate horizontally to the hitch plate with vertical bars at each end. They were situated so the lower arms travel towards the center was limited but their outward travel was unimpeded. That allowed me to install attachments but wouldn't allow side to side movement once the hitch pins were installed. The vertical bars were tall enough to catch the lower arms completely through their vertical movements.

Kenny, I had an application where the chains wouldn't function correctly I attached a plate horizontally to the hitch plate with vertical bars at each end. They were situated so the lower arms travel towards the center was limited but their outward travel was unimpeded. That allowed me to install attachments but wouldn't allow side to side movement once the hitch pins were installed. The vertical bars were tall enough to catch the lower arms completely through their vertical movements.
I'm thinking along those lines.

Thankfully, Delta Cad has layers so it was easy for me to make another drawing of the rear. That also let me design the lower arm mounts which the location will be similar to those on Alice and the FF/20's.
Screen Shot 02-14-21 at 01.29 PM.JPG

Now I'm ready for warm weather so I can fab these with mounting holes to the tractor.

Something that has been itching me to ask (and I am surprise that I didn't yet!), have you thought about cutting that long filler tube and welding the cap flange really close to the tank? IMO it would be way more convenient than having that long thing to hit on your knee or get random stuff stuck on.

Something that has been itching me to ask (and I am surprise that I didn't yet!), have you thought about cutting that long filler tube and welding the cap flange really close to the tank? IMO it would be way more convenient than having that long thing to hit on your knee or get random stuff stuck on.
That's a possibility if I have issues with it. So far it hasn't been an issue. Maybe I can get a pic while I'm sitting on it.

I got some time yesterday and got started on the lower mount fabrication. I'll have some pics later of those. IF the North wind doesn't have too much chill in it, I may get to locate the holes to bolt them on. Plus make the tabs that the lower arms will pin through.

More progress! I added 'rub' bars to keep the arms from rubbing the tires. Temped both mount brackets and pinned the lower arms in. Added an implement for good measure.

DSCN5528.JPG DSCN5529.JPGDSCN5530.JPG

DSCN5531.JPG DSCN5532.JPG DSCN5533.JPG

I'll have to get the upper rock shaft out and see what I need to install it.

I like your progress, Kenny! Learning more about 3 points reading here. Did you build the hitch attachment too?

DAC

Back