Possible Hydraulic Setup?

I like your progress, Kenny! Learning more about 3 points reading here. Did you build the hitch attachment too?

DAC
That attachment is a Cub Cadet A-frame that I added the trailer ball to.

That will probably be the first thing to get for that MF1450 (besides a top link) to get the 3 point usable for something.

Thanks Kenny!

DAC
Check this out, scroll down to the third one.

TSC has the top links at a decent price.

Check this out, scroll down to the third one.

TSC has the top links at a decent price.

Looks good, Kenny! Some nice options there. Saved the link in case the 1450 may be a useable tractor.

Will check out TS, if needed. The MF has such a short top link though, may still have to order the pieces from McMaster-Carr at the link you gave me earlier.

Get some stuff done on your project today?

DAC

Looks good, Kenny! Some nice options there. Saved the link in case the 1450 may be a useable tractor.

Will check out TS, if needed. The MF has such a short top link though, may still have to order the pieces from McMaster-Carr at the link you gave me earlier.

Get some stuff done on your project today?

DAC
Yes, I did. I got the rock shaft off the donor. This will take some rework for the ST/16.
DSCN5534.JPG DSCN5535.JPG

Got it taken apart:
DSCN5536.JPG DSCN5537.JPG

Have to change the mount so I used the band saw to remove the bushing tabs.
DSCN5538.JPG DSCN5539.JPG

Today will be getting things cleaned up to begin figuring out the mount.

Got some things cleaned up and cut some others to fit.
DSCN5540.JPG

Lots of adjustments to do yet. But I have 14" of lift so far!
DSCN5541.JPG DSCN5542.JPG

Gotta tweak things more. Need 45 degree fitting on the cylinder for sure and maybe a longer hose for the bottom side.. Got to make up the cylinder lower mount. Progress has been made.

I brought the other lift links in (with built-in float). They were a little rusty. I had made these some time back. Started getting them apart for cleaning, but need a LH thread tap to clean the threads in the coupler. Found a set of 3 (tapered, plug, & bottom) online at Home Depot. Only $27. They will text me when they get to the store.
DSCN5534a.jpg

Also took the rock shaft back apart. Drilled 2 new mount holes to raise it 3/4". Had to cut another inch off the shaft length to fit between the fenders. I'll clean the threads in the collars and put some anti-seize on them before putting things back together. I drilled another hole in the cylinder mount to hopefully get more lift. I need to change out one hose to the 30" to give better clearance of the lift arms. Still need to make up the lower cylinder mount too.

I clocked the collars on the rock shaft lift arms 90 degrees to allow better access to the allenhead bolts. Since I had to cut those loose and reweld, I painted everything except the shaft semi-gloss black. I plan to take the hitch plate off today so I can weld the cylinder mount to it.

More progress! Got the lower cylinder mount welded to the hitch plate. Cleaned and primed it.
DSCN5543.JPG

A little paint:
DSCN5544.JPG

Rock shaft back together:
DSCN5545.JPG

Both those reinstalled and ready for a test run:
DSCN5546.JPG

And we have lift:
DSCN5547.JPG DSCN5548.JPG DSCN5549.JPG DSCN5550.JPG

Now for the top link mount!

Nice job so far Kenny! I may just buy that top link and do modifications to make it work on that 1450.

Learning a lot, as usual from your projects!

DAC

After much thought and measuring the top link location on the FF/20, I came up with a plan for that part. Found some metal pieces to fit the application and got them ready for attachment. My goal was to keep the implement vertical during the lift.
DSCN5551.JPG

Had to dissect the rock shaft to weld this in. Got that done and painted. Put it back together and mounted back on the tractor. Here's with the lift all the way down.
DSCN5552.JPG

Here's some pics of the rock shaft area.
DSCN5553.JPG DSCN5554.JPG

And with the lift all the way up. Success!
DSCN5555.JPG DSCN5556.JPG

Still some minor tweaking, but it's ready to use. Real close to 16" of lift!

Back