Raccoon Box Trap

Well guys this year got off to a bang this summer.lol Our corn is about two weeks out so I set the trap last week. I only got one possum and no signs of a coon until this morning. This was the biggest one yet.

We have an old barn across the road. A lady down the road had 6 chickens and only 3 left now. She lets them free range 24/7 and don’t get their eggs because they are laying everywhere. They are roosting in that barn and Carol seen a big coon over the weekend go in that barn probably after the eggs. I’m hoping this is the one I got.

My trail cam is only taking daytime pics and no nighttime for some reason. I’m going to bring it in this evening and check it out. This things are definitely not old people with big fingers friendly.

Well guys this year got off to a bang this summer.lol Our corn is about two weeks out so I set the trap last week. I only got one possum and no signs of a coon until this morning. This was the biggest one yet.

We have an old barn across the road. A lady down the road had 6 chickens and only 3 left now. She lets them free range 24/7 and don’t get their eggs because they are laying everywhere. They are roosting in that barn and Carol seen a big coon over the weekend go in that barn probably after the eggs. I’m hoping this is the one I got.

My trail cam is only taking daytime pics and no nighttime for some reason. I’m going to bring it in this evening and check it out. This things are definitely not old people with big fingers friendly.
I use a wood pencil eraser end to do the settings on my game cam's. Had on Moultree shoot craps last year and haven't checked it out as yet. Won't be hunting that much area this year so two cams up on/near the tower stand will work fine.

Got to get a box trap made for rabbits. They really destroyed a lot of our plants last winter. Not going to happen again.
Farmers shot off a lot of coyotes last winter and the rabbits are everywhere this year. I caught a little guy one evening chewing away on one of Carols flower beds. It was gulping down the flower petals like I eat potato chips.

We had an abundance of rabbits too this spring. Would gather starting about dark under the bird feeders but would eat on flowers along the way. Started stepping out the door slow and quiet like with the .22 and eliminated a bunch of them. Duke, out outside Pyrenees would come a running every time he heard the shot. Don't see many around now.

Back