Started the cab heater installation

That’s going to be a great tractor for moving snow Gary. Nice and warm.
Could that heater be hooked up to the tractors diesel tank. ?

Noel
Yes it sure could, I just didn't want to cut any fuel lines and seen they provide the tank with the heater I went that route, plus I didn't want to route a fuel line from the tractor fuel tank to back in to the cab to the heater

Today I got the heater reinstall pretty much completed tomorrow its to install the power fuse and prime the heater and get it fired off making heat, after that's all working I'll install a short peice of 3" flex duct to the heater outlet (like about 3") and an outlet nozzle that can be swiveled to direct the heat around the cab, plus I need to zip tie the wiring together and securing it in place . Then its to install the cab doors and run the B2601 outside and see how the heater works

20231121_150947.jpg20231121_151023.jpg20231121_151039.jpg20231121_151103.jpg

Today I got the heater reinstall pretty much completed tomorrow its to install the power fuse and prime the heater and get it fired off making heat, after that's all working I'll install a short peice of 3" flex duct to the heater outlet (like about 3") and an outlet nozzle that can be swiveled to direct the heat around the cab, plus I need to zip tie the wiring together and securing it in place . Then its to install the cab doors and run the B2601 outside and see how the heater works

View attachment 75792View attachment 75793View attachment 75794View attachment 75795
I can see you getting ready to blow snow now Gary...
1700609393478.png

I had a IH 400 with heat houser. When moving snow after it warmed up had to open the front of the sides as it got my clothes to warm and anytime I got off to change the blade angle etc. the blowing snow would stick and melt on my clothes. Clothes would get wet and start soaking through across the shoulders. Shouldn't have that issue with the full cab.

Looks good Gary. Mine was reading 209 Celsius yesterday. I think that's the output air temp as you don't hold your hand in front of the vent very long. That's 408 Fahrenheit. Never did figure out if I could switch from C to F.

Went into the shop this morning installed the fuse and the short 3" X 3" ducting and an outlet nozzle , pushed the start button and the fan started up and the glow plug and shortly the fuel pump, wasn't sure if the fuel pump would get fuel to the heater on the first try since I had the fuel lines off. But it did and the heater fired up and soon the heat was flowing, put the RH door on and it got nice and warm in the cab let it run for about 10 minutes then shut it down, checked things over put a second warp of the exhaust wrap on the exhaust tube so there is no worry about melting the cab. Secured the fuel hose with ty-raps and the fuel filter then just for the fun of it pushed the ON button and it started up after its usual 4-5 minute start sequence. Its a keeper I'm going to like it this winter

20231122_083311.jpg20231122_083343.jpg20231122_083350.jpg20231122_083425.jpg

Last edited:
Looks good Gary. Mine was reading 209 Celsius yesterday. I think that's the output air temp as you don't hold your hand in front of the vent very long. That's 408 Fahrenheit. Never did figure out if I could switch from C to F.
I musted watched around 15 videos and never seen anything about Fahrenheit, I'm just going to stick with the Hertz numbers that is so simple to understand 1 islow and 6 is hot. Yep I've seen the high celsius temp also and as you say that's the outlet air temp and your right you don't hols your hand close in front very long

If I think of it next time I have it running I'll check the discharge temperature. It's hot though.
I'm interested to see how long that tank of fuel Gary is using will last. Mine is tied into the tractors fuel tank so it will be tough to check the fuel usage.
I will probably leave it on the Celsius. I don't want to mess things up.

I have watched so many videos on these heaters and they must come with a different version of controller about every month, just watched the one Chris posted had not seen that one before and its different than the one I have and that's one thing that make learning about these heaters so hard and confusing. Just for one thing his Hertz reading indicator has a P-2 or what ever my controller shows H-1 to 6, no matter how I try pushing OK and the down arrow will not start the prime function on my controller I don't know what the reason is. This guys video is a good one and he is clear and easy to understand
This gal did a very good wright up these heater and if you look thru it she has posted a picture of the LCD controller it has many symbols that I never see on mine

If you get one of those let us know how you like it please. What I did last year was set mine and never touch it again. Of course this year being in a hurry I get in and first thing I do is push a wrong button maybe a half dozen times so I'm not sure where it's set at. It comes on just fine but I will probably be medium rare before it shuts off. :oops:
Those are good written instructions Gary. I'm going to book mark them as I know with my memory I'll be using them from time to time. Thanks!
:thumbs:

Last edited:
Back