Superzilla

Hey Kenny since it’s eco friendly could you try a little around your ankles and shoulders to see if it helps...so had to say that. Thanks for giving us your tests. These days that’s the best way you just can’t trust the so called reviews on products.

Played with the choke cable yesterday. Still stuck but it's all at the handle end. Was able to 'unscrew' the flexible covering from the housing. Added a bit more juice to the bottle and let it soak some more. Trying to figure a way to tap the handle assy. out of the housing.

Success! Put the housing in the vise and used a 5/64" punch to push the innards out. Once it was out far enough, I clamped my small vise grips on and finished tapping it out. Wire wheel cleaned the handle assy., used a small brush to clean the housing. Everything got a coat of anti-seize and put back together. I'll smear some grease over the flexible part then put some heat shrink over that. Should last for a few more years that way.

Thanks for taking us through this with you, Kenny! Long as Superzilla helped, I would say it was a success!

DAC
Once apart, it cleaned up nicely so I believe it did help. Smeared some grease on the flexible part of the cable and slid some heat shrink over. Heated that to shrink down so it's well lubed for some time now.

Once apart, it cleaned up nicely so I believe it did help. Smeared some grease on the flexible part of the cable and slid some heat shrink over. Heated that to shrink down so it's well lubed for some time now.
The grease and heat shrink is a great idea, Kenny! I'll have to get some long heat shrink one of these days! Just have short pieces. I used to have a roll of wire and coil housing around here, left over from the go-kart days, but can't find it. Might have given it away with some old wheels and tires I had left over.

DAC

Back