What did you do with your tractor today?

I'm all set to mulch leaves for the fourth & last time. My trees are done dropping leaves. The neighbors and those to the general west of me are done dropping leaves. So this is the last time, and I'll clean out all the corners and try to blow the mulched leaves into some of the flower beds. Just not the ones next to the house or workshop.
Then I'll prep this unit for winter storage and find a corner for it.

Didn't do anything with tractors. Moved a dead Polaris Ranger down to the lower pallet building till I can come up with an engine for it. May have to overhaul this one but has a ton of hours on it. Back to running my 4 wheeler which works berter for deer hunting anyway
We shoved an '05 Ranger out into a junk equipment area at work a few weeks ago. Won't start, barely cranks like a bad compression release, but a bunch of new parts and nothing changes. We told them to send it to someone that knows something about them but they just kept having us put new parts on it with no results. It's probably a bad engine too I suppose. Not real fond of the Rangers we have had, but we have a kawasaki mule that been a real good workmule.

DAC

My dad built it about 25 years ago. It looked really good, but now it’s starting to fall down. Some of the wood is rotting and a tree fell on it. We have to do something with it next year. Not sure if we are going to fix it, or tear it down and build another one.
View attachment 45136
Looks repairable to me, and it appears you have no shortage of materials to replace rotted and broken lumber!

DAC

We shoved an '05 Ranger out into a junk equipment area at work a few weeks ago. Won't start, barely cranks like a bad compression release, but a bunch of new parts and nothing changes. We told them to send it to someone that knows something about them but they just kept having us put new parts on it with no results. It's probably a bad engine too I suppose. Not real fond of the Rangers we have had, but we have a kawasaki mule that been a real good workmule.

DAC
Wish I was closer as I would snag on to that 05 Ranger for parts if nothing else. Compression release is in the end of the cam. Starters are known to be week on them. Ranger are good solid machines. Neighbor runs nothing but Rangers, has about 5 of them. One is his the other 4 the help uses mostly to check on various cattle herds and one is dedicated to fence repair duty. Every year he replaces one so they are not older than 4 yo units but a ton of miles on them. They have over 10K A of ground over 2 counties. Big into cow calf operation.

Don't have to be long extended trips to hear the various loose joints, but no valve rattle. But mine is paid for and has been for several years. 220K + He! He! to coin a phrase. Nope, no Dodges around here either. Had one and it would go a 1 mile off the route to get to a gas station. The Ranger (Polars) I have is parked in the pallet building waiting for a new motor to get back in stock.

Last edited:
Did some planned branch cutting today. Forgot to take some pictures of the tractor, but you get the idea, two bucket loads of wood. That’s one branch that won’t fall on car. Did a couple of other small ones too.

Noel

Attachments

• A911A384-2640-4EE2-92C9-32C6FF5A5E46.jpeg
    A911A384-2640-4EE2-92C9-32C6FF5A5E46.jpeg
    170.9 KB · Views: 5
  • 9F371434-F4E9-4CBC-B44A-9F4DFEAC8C42.jpeg
    9F371434-F4E9-4CBC-B44A-9F4DFEAC8C42.jpeg
    193.4 KB · Views: 5
  • AAFFDFC9-7549-400E-B342-BA9A0B434BDD.jpeg
    AAFFDFC9-7549-400E-B342-BA9A0B434BDD.jpeg
    262.7 KB · Views: 5
  • 9AE98B52-C3E7-4FA6-A60A-6C609C250C02.jpeg
    9AE98B52-C3E7-4FA6-A60A-6C609C250C02.jpeg
    227.6 KB · Views: 5
  • F4273903-BE52-474C-92A0-8A26DDCFB24D.jpeg
    F4273903-BE52-474C-92A0-8A26DDCFB24D.jpeg
    192.2 KB · Views: 5
Did some planned branch cutting today. Forgot to take some pictures of the tractor, but you get the idea, two bucket loads of wood. That’s one branch that won’t fall on car. Did a couple of other small ones too.

Noel
More of those brown center logs. I'm kinda glad no trees are right near the house or over where the vehicles sit on our acre, Noel! I'd probably worry about damage every time the wind comes up which is often here!

DAC

Back