Whats hidden in the Blackberries?

Doesn't look like anything major there, that a good cleaning won't solve! Loved the old VHS video! I have been threatening to get one of those VHS converters for some old family videos but have still never pulled the trigger on one. What did you use, if I may ask? There's so many of them at a real big price range difference, and they all look the same.

DAC

Doesn't look like anything major there, that a good cleaning won't solve! Loved the old VHS video! I have been threatening to get one of those VHS converters for some old family videos but have still never pulled the trigger on one. What did you use, if I may ask? There's so many of them at a real big price range difference, and they all look the same.

DAC

I used a Sony RDR-VX511 to transfer it to DVD. I think you can take your video's to places like Costco and they will transfer them for you, but I don't know what it costs.

On engines where valves looked dirty, but not pitted, instead of pulling the valves, I sometimes fold over emery cloth, stick under the valve face, then turn the engine till the valve ever so lightly presses on the cloth, then work the emery cloth around and around till things look clean. I also put a shot of penetrating fluid or just WD40 on, which helps the process. This gets the valve face and the seat face.

I used a Sony RDR-VX511 to transfer it to DVD. I think you can take your video's to places like Costco and they will transfer them for you, but I don't know what it costs.

Thanks for that info, Cjet69! I'm going to check into that! I would rather do it myself then it would come out how I want it. I don't want to rely on someone else. It may cost as much as buying a converter. I've probably got close to two dozen tapes I want on DVD.

DAC

Got a break between rain showers so I went for startup. It teased me for a while with sputters and smoke and then a cough here and there. Finally it came to life and picked up all the cylinders. It was just a short run as there isn't coolant in it yet, but long enough to determine the carb needs some attention. I'll get the carb and coolant addressed and then maybe shoot a short video.

100_2206 (Medium).JPG100_2208 (Medium).JPG

What kind of a muffler is that? It looks pretty heavy duty.

Its all cast iron and fits under the hood and had a tall exhaust pipe on top.. When you look inside it has a couple spiral flutes also made of cast. The outer part has a couple cracks in it probably from rust buildup. I had to vacuum it out before starting it and still got a shower of rust chunks raining down on me. We have a manual for the combine, but I don't know if it has a parts list.

Yep, it sounds pretty good. The longer it ran the more the exhaust cleaned up. Might have been some sticky rings that freed up. I want to run it a few more times and then do a compression check on it.

Back