Ya Never Know What You Find Goin' To Home Depot......

Oh I forgot to add this little plastic piece that came off the front nose. My stepdad took it off because we both think the tractor looks a lot better and meaner without it. It now is in my stepdads shed. NOW this is all for the ol Murray, thanks for looking and for following. It is much appreciated.......

grille piece.jpg

Yeah that Murray of mine would be old enough for stamped numbers. I was on a sticker frame of mind since that K321 I rebuilt a while back had no stamping and it is at least 10 years older. Stickers were gone too. Sounds like Kohler was first to go to stickers. I may not be curious enough to disassemble the grille and find out. I pulled the plastic grille part out a decade ago before it went to father in laws. It was loose and rattled. I think it went in the trash though.

Your deck has the surface rust for obvious reasons. Leaving grass clippings and leaves on top of them rust the deck. I blow all that stuff off the decks after every mow.

Thanks for your pics and info Eric!

DAC

Hi Everyone,

I have an update on the Murray project. We decided that since it was a beautiful day out yesterday we would start just about everything up and let it run for a few minutes, and that included the Murray. We go to start the tractor and it don't wanna start, it just keeps crankin' and crankin' and crankin' and mind you the battery is getting weaker as it's turning. My stepdad says the motors tired and most likely full of oil that's why it don't wanna start so then we keep crankin' it till the battery stops, then hook up the charger and let it charge, then spray some starter fluid in the carb, we go to start it again and it fires right up. After that we get it out of the shed, cruise it up and down the driveway and of course we have another problem...... the gas line comes off the gas tank and gas is running everywhere on the tractor while it's running. My stepdad was riding the tractor around and luckily I watched all this happen so I stopped my stepdad and he shut it off, cleaned up all the gas on the tractor, and reapplied the hose to the tank. It was fine for the rest of the 5 minute ride up and down the driveway. The tractor has done this before and my stepdad fixed it but we decided to finally throw in the towel, and order a new gas tank on Ebay that cost around $70.00 with shipping. The number acording to the seller off the tank for ya DAC (MFDAC) is 175475881924.

Last edited:
Here is the link and a few photos from the ad......

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

I also as everyone may or may not know am always lookin' for tractors to potentially buy off of Facebook Marketplace, I was scrolling through the listings and I found this for $50.00 dropped from $80.00. I guess we know what ours is worth now IF we ever wanted to sell it, even though it is priceless to us. This is all on the Murray for now, more to hopefully come soon......

317793185_5795934790485123_1507033558212316705_n.jpg

310246959_5765544670158040_2163529516770695184_n.jpg

317795500_5498253923604617_7144140920488857078_n.jpg

Good or bad? ;)
My grandfather bought one, if memory serves me right, identical to the one you have brand new in the late 80s early 90s. . I remember spending many days in the summer cutting his grass. He had lung cancer in the early 90s and was on oxygen the rest of his days(2003 is when he passed) So my dad and I cut the grass.

that was the primary tractor until 2005ish. His lawn had a pretty hill. He had chains and weights on it. Finally it tore the rear end apart.

Yeah Eric, that 50 dollar one is just like mine--but in better shape---LOL! I don't really have a lot of sentimental attachment to it and am actually considering scrapping it. Engine runs great but it doesn't mow that well any more. Steering is very loose.

I can't bring myself to spend that much money on one of those plastic tanks! The one in the Murray is still good. It's one in my wife's old mower, a Bolens/MTD that has cracks in it. Also about a 70-75 buck tank that is oddly shaped. Maybe that tractor should hit the scrap too---LOL!

Glad yours got some exercise. Probably still be a couple/three months before any grass cutters get used around here!

DAC

Hi Everybody,

So I again was scrolling through the listings of Facebook Marketplace today and I found this for $550.00!!

1676939456975-png.420383

1676939473606-png.420384

1676939504539-png.420385
This one looks to be the same as mine, Eric, except in way nicer shape! Looks like it has low hours and was stored inside all it's life.

DAC

Hi Everybody,

Just when you thought this post was over. Its not. I'm currently in contact with Peter from tractordata.com about our Craftsman tractors, so I figured I would ask him about our Murray while I was at it and send him some pictures. This is what he gave me...... TractorData.com Murray 38616 tractor information, and he added my pictures too. Who knew it cost $788.00 when it was new. Thank you Peter!

While I was at it, I decided to look up Dac's Murray too. Here is what I found...... TractorData.com Murray 38617 tractor information

Hi Everybody,

Just when you thought this post was over. Its not. I'm currently in contact with Peter from tractordata.com about our Craftsman tractors, so I figured I would ask him about our Murray while I was at it and send him some pictures. This is what he gave me...... TractorData.com Murray 38616 tractor information, and he added my pictures too. Who knew it cost $788.00 when it was new. Thank you Peter!

While I was at it, I decided to look up Dac's Murray too. Here is what I found...... TractorData.com Murray 38617 tractor information
Looks like they were both built in 1992, Eric. Mine is sitting out in the weeds in the back yard. I started it once last summer but didn't drive it. Put the seat from it on the JD110 for now.

Thanks for that link though, interesting info. The engine in that tractor is still strong just everything else is worn out!

DAC

Back