Yazoo PTO-B Mower

Looks like it mows well, how is it on power?

Seems to do real well there, Alan. I think it had a lot of OP adjustments and the manual has none in it. So I'm guessing with what I do!

I made a new bracket for the deck lift. Painted it Regal Red. Now I have hummingbirds checking it out! LOL I'll take a pic tomorrow! Guess we have them trained to go to the red feeders!

Here's the bracket.

DSCN2038.JPG

I put it on and it will be just fine.

DSCN2039.JPG

But I need to revisit the swap I did for the cable holder and springs. That's way too high I think. I have the manual and parts list for this, but I think it's for a newer model as a lot of things on this one are different for that.

DSCN2040.JPG

If it doesn't affect the operation, sometimes it is nice to have a little extra lift

I swapped it back around, but different from the original configuration. This keeps the driveline more in line.  The front wheels are 4.5" off the ground, so plenty of room to work under it.

DSCN2044.JPGDSCN2045.JPG

I can tweak it from here as needed. Before, the deck would not follow ground contour. Just hover over a low spot. I need to get deck belts before I mow much more with it. The one is about to break!

How do you like the steering aspect of it? Getting used to it yet?

I pulled the deck off yesterday. There was a piece of metal missing behind the Left Rear castor. Since this is a LH discharge deck, that allowed a bunch of clippings to blow back onto me and the drive unit. This should help the clippings go out like they should.

DSCN2046.JPG  DSCN2047.JPG

It took a bit to get it bent right as the piece had to give clearance for the wheel outside and the blade inside. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Back