1947 Farmall Cub

Since the engine is an inline 4 when one piston is moving up another is moving down so the crankcase volume doesn't change. So crankcase ventilation is only needed for blow by.

There is a narrow tube that runs from the front of the engine to the air cleaner. It's tucked to the rear of the air cleaner so you're not likely to notice it with the hood on the tractor. Presumably its purpose is to provide some positive crankcase ventilation. Supposedly they often get clogged so you might pull it off and make sure it's open.

If you're blowing a lot of smoke out the dipstick though you've probably got a ring problem. They might just be stuck from sitting and might clear up from operating it some.

We got it back together. One video said 7/8 so that what we adjusted to come to find out it 1-1/4 so now we got it adjusted right it works great.

Attachments

• 2019-05-31.jpg
    2019-05-31.jpg
    173.6 KB · Views: 6
Hoping to get the hydraulic parts next week. I got the touch control kit but I still need the filter , boots and pump kit

Hydraulic pump started leaking :mad:. I'm going to build a block off plate until after the tractor show

I got to looking and there was water in there again so it was thinning the gear oil out that probably why it was leaking. I changed it out again today and drove it in the barn in case it rains again.

Some days I shouldn’t get out of bed

Attachments

• 363E6DCB-70A6-4B4D-8F9B-1E8DC7A1A96C.jpeg
    363E6DCB-70A6-4B4D-8F9B-1E8DC7A1A96C.jpeg
    405.1 KB · Views: 11
The good news is it's just a piece of pipe.

The bad news is it isn't going to be easy to dig the end out of the manifold. New manifolds are available though.

The good news is it's just a piece of pipe.

The bad news is it isn't going to be easy to dig the end out of the manifold. New manifolds are available though.
I hope maybe I can do it like the k series exhaust and carefully cut and chisel with out damaging threads. I also got a tap to clean the threads after

Back