And more junk.

Thanks for the replies! I got them unloaded and some pictures. First the JD110.
DSCN4461.JPG DSCN4462.JPG
Of course the engine model number is unreadable on the sticker, just like the K321 was I got a couple years ago. I'm guessing 8HP?

DSCN4463.JPG DSCN4464.JPG DSCN4465.JPG

DSCN4466.JPG DSCN4467.JPG

The tiller looks rough, but it does turn. No belt with it. I may use the plastic fuel tank I was going to use on the Bolens/MTD lawn tractor may fit it wit a little bracket building.

The control cables are froze up unfortunately, but the carb butterfly and governor moves smoothly.

The deck is in one piece so far. don't know if it is rusted out or not yet.

Please post any ideas, advice or criticisms!

DAC

Now the GT5000. The deck does raise and lower like is should---for now. I had to take the screen off the blower housing to see if the engine turns and it does. I couldn't get ahold of the crank pulley good enough to turn it there. The guy I dealt with on FB warned me about the "Laughable" fuel line setup he was trying to build. That is the hose all over the battery.
DSCN4468.JPG DSCN4471.JPG
I've never had a tractor engine bigger than 14 hp before, or a 2 cylinder for that matter. I think a cover is gone over that air filter. Oil looks very clean.
DSCN4469.JPG DSCN4470.JPG DSCN4475.JPG

DSCN4472.JPG DSCN4473.JPG DSCN4474.JPG
I was impressed it has a cast iron front axle! There are also several grease zirks that I didn't expect to see on a "newer" tractor like this.
Choke cable feels sticky as well as the ignition switch. Throttle cable works well.

I don't know a dang thing about either of these tractors yet. Need to do a bunch of research. I didn't get time to check Tractor Data or any other info yet.

DAC

Maybe that's what this one is too, Aaron. The guy listed it as a "1969 John Deer". I didn't meet him, he was at work. Just his Mom was home. She did help me load the tiller. I felt bad that she had to help!

DAC

I don’t know what year mine is. Someone knocked the serial tag off between the time dad sold it and I bought it back. Dad thought it was early 70s.

they are a strong runner. And honestly IMO one the best cutting tractors you can get.

Very nice Doug congratulations on a good find. The JD would be a good project to take your time with. The Craftsman looks like you could have it working in a short time. I was never a fan of the newer stuff until I got a few and educated myself on them. The Twin engines are a joy to sit behind and so quiet and smooth running.

I don’t know what year mine is. Someone knocked the serial tag off between the time dad sold it and I bought it back. Dad thought it was early 70s.

they are a strong runner. And honestly IMO one the best cutting tractors you can get.
I'll try to get the info googled from the tag soon, Aaron. That's cool that it is such a nice cutting tractor. Don't think it could ever beat the MF12G though---LOL!

DAC

Very nice Doug congratulations on a good find. The JD would be a good project to take your time with. The Craftsman looks like you could have it working in a short time. I was never a fan of the newer stuff until I got a few and educated myself on them. The Twin engines are a joy to sit behind and so quiet and smooth running.
Thanks Jim, I did decide that the JD may wait until I retire to be a project, and my wallet may dictate how thorough it may be. The GT5000 though might be cutting grass next summer, but I may have a hard time using it myself. I think my wife will be staking claim to it, escpecially since it is a Dale Earnhardt Jr. edition! I'm sure she will have no problem using it either. I've never let her use the MF12G and she holds a grudge about that, but may forgive me with this one.

DAC

Also, you might want to check and see if the previous owners of that 110 have the mule drive for that tiller, Doug. There's a set of two pulleys that go under he middle of the tractor, one belt comes off the engine and goes to the mule drive, a second belt goes from the mule drive, then gets twisted going to the tiller. The twist allows the tiller to spin in the forward direction. Deere set it up that way so the tiller would "walk" over any rocks, and not "dig" under them.

Also, you might want to check and see if the previous owners of that 110 have the mule drive for that tiller, Doug. There's a set of two pulleys that go under he middle of the tractor, one belt comes off the engine and goes to the mule drive, a second belt goes from the mule drive, then gets twisted going to the tiller. The twist allows the tiller to spin in the forward direction. Deere set it up that way so the tiller would "walk" over any rocks, and not "dig" under them.
I will try to message him, Jake. Things are kind of a mess around the place where I picked these tractors up at, but he wasn't there so maybe a reminder is all he needs to find it, if they have it.

Thanks again!

DAC

I didn't get to work on anything yesterday. Saturday night, my wife got a black eye and a tennis ball size bruise from a kid biting her on the arm at work. To get her mind off work Sunday, we just took a drive through the hills and ended up at her Mom's house 75 miles south of home. Didn't get home until late. She does love that GT 5000!

Today was doctor appointments, then played phone tag for a couple hours trying to return missed calls about other doctor appointments, all of which failed.

Finally got a battery put in the GT5000 and it cranked over well! Poured some gas in the carb and it fired off nicely! Fuel line isn't hooked up so I need to check that out and see if I can just run a regular line or if there is a problem at the fuel tank too. I did notice the amp gauge picked right up showing a charge while the engine ran.

Still no time to do any other research yet.

DAC

Last edited:
Nice scores. I had a GT5000 like that for a while, it was a nice tractor. Kinda wish I didn’t sell it. Mine had a 25 hp Kohler, and a 48” deck. I wasn’t a huge fan of the drive lever on the fender, but I liked it otherwise. It cut really nice.View attachment 57630View attachment 57631

Thanks! I'm not a big fan of the fender drive lever either, but will get used to it or should I say my wife will get used to it---LOL!
This one is a B/S 22 HP and it appears to be a 54" deck. That is gigantic compared to anything I have ever had before! My MF12G is a 42" deck.

Your old tractor looks like a nice one and it cut grass very well!

DAC

Back