And more junk.

I tried a new one of those screen types on the K321 in the MF1450. It acted like it was starving for fuel. I disconnected the line from the exit side of the filter and it was just a trickle. Took the filter off and shined a flashlight in one end and looked in the other and the screen looked clear. Since I knew the fuel tank was clean I just left it off and it ran fine. Don't know what was going on there.

Got the front of the GT5000 jacked and blocked to take the LF tire and wheel off. Hauled the tire and wheel in the shop and that was it for after work work. Still too tired for much else. I also need to call it a night early anyway as we are leaving in the morning to go to Aberdeen, SD to see our daughter's new house they bought a couple weeks ago. Probably won't come back until Tuesday. It pretty much is a day drive out, then another back so half of the time away is driving time.

DAC

I tried a new one of those screen types on the K321 in the MF1450. It acted like it was starving for fuel. I disconnected the line from the exit side of the filter and it was just a trickle. Took the filter off and shined a flashlight in one end and looked in the other and the screen looked clear. Since I knew the fuel tank was clean I just left it off and it ran fine. Don't know what was going on there.

Got the front of the GT5000 jacked and blocked to take the LF tire and wheel off. Hauled the tire and wheel in the shop and that was it for after work work. Still too tired for much else. I also need to call it a night early anyway as we are leaving in the morning to go to Aberdeen, SD to see our daughter's new house they bought a couple weeks ago. Probably won't come back until Tuesday. It pretty much is a day drive out, then another back so half of the time away is driving time.

DAC
Have a good trip Doug

I need professional help! Drug home a roto tiller from the scrap at work today. 8 HP Briggs has a big hole in the block and parts robbed off it. including the wheels. I liked the hi-lo-reverse transaxle though. Tines look real good too. No, I have no plans on busting sod for a garden. Maybe after I retire, if I'm in good enough shape. Probably not in good enough shape now!

DAC

View attachment 51603 View attachment 51604 View attachment 51605

View attachment 51606 View attachment 51607 View attachment 51608

View attachment 51609 View attachment 51610
It was from April this year.

No, but didn't notice how old your post was. It was an old yeller Sears front tine tiller with blown Briggs, and no wheels. Tiller had stick shift tranny

Just got back from Aberdeen.

Dang I'm sorry Daniel! I need reminders of what junk was hauled home earlier! I found out who scrapped the tiller and he is the one who has the wheels. He said i could have them, just haven't made time to go get them. Sounds like this tiller and I would not get along well at all if it beats the operator to death! I had a big walk behind snow blower at one time that was brutal, and I was about 20 years younger. The 10 hp Tec engine off that went where it belongs, on a tractor---LOL! Maybe someday This tiller may get cut up and adapted to a 3 point.

Sounds like scrap prices are so low none of this stuff is even worth hauling to the scrap yard!

DAC

Nice haul there Doug. The G300 is a sweet find. Shouldn’t take a lot to get her running smooth.

jhn9840
John
Thanks, John, I better get it off of that cart and inside on a shelf one of these days. I was very surprised it fired on ether so quickly. Don't know if anything can be pulleyed up to it with that gear box on it. Crank might not allow normal pulleys, sprockets or clutches.

DAC

I got tired of waiting for a nice day to pressure wash the GT5000. Just don't seem to be happening. I didn't want to waste a vacation day from work just because of the heat so I put a tube in the LF tire and put it back on the tractor. It pushed so nicely when I bought the tractor and unloaded it that I figured it would be simple to shove it into the shop by hand. NOPE! For some reason the transaxle free-wheel lever quit working! rear wheels are locked sitting on the ground.

I had to use the MF1450 as a wrecker again to move it into the shop.
DSCN4503.JPG DSCN4504.JPG

Then I turned it around in the shop with a floor jack. Decided to hook up the fuel line with a shutoff and a filter. Put 2-1/2 gallons of gas in the tank but no fuel flow to the filter. Disconnected the line at the pump and then got some flow to it.
DSCN4508.JPG

Still no luck starting the tractor unless I poured gas in the carb. Then it would fire up nicely. Disconnected the fuel line on the carb side of the pump and no fuel there. Figured I need to prime the pump so I used the Mity Vac to suck some gas through the pump. Still no fuel getting to the carb. The electric shutoff in the carb might be bad, fuel pump might be bad, don't know yet. Might just order both of them new too! I'll pull the blower housing and check out the carb as the choke is sticky anyway and it's not the cable. Lever actuates the cable nicely when it is disconnected from the carb.

Oh well at least it's inside now. Sure hope something didn't break in the transaxle to make that thing not push freely now!

DAC

I got tired of waiting for a nice day to pressure wash the GT5000. Just don't seem to be happening. I didn't want to waste a vacation day from work just because of the heat so I put a tube in the LF tire and put it back on the tractor. It pushed so nicely when I bought the tractor and unloaded it that I figured it would be simple to shove it into the shop by hand. NOPE! For some reason the transaxle free-wheel lever quit working! rear wheels are locked sitting on the ground.

I had to use the MF1450 as a wrecker again to move it into the shop.
View attachment 58353 View attachment 58354

Then I turned it around in the shop with a floor jack. Decided to hook up the fuel line with a shutoff and a filter. Put 2-1/2 gallons of gas in the tank but no fuel flow to the filter. Disconnected the line at the pump and then got some flow to it.
View attachment 58355

Still no luck starting the tractor unless I poured gas in the carb. Then it would fire up nicely. Disconnected the fuel line on the carb side of the pump and no fuel there. Figured I need to prime the pump so I used the Mity Vac to suck some gas through the pump. Still no fuel getting to the carb. The electric shutoff in the carb might be bad, fuel pump might be bad, don't know yet. Might just order both of them new too! I'll pull the blower housing and check out the carb as the choke is sticky anyway and it's not the cable. Lever actuates the cable nicely when it is disconnected from the carb.

Oh well at least it's inside now. Sure hope something didn't break in the transaxle to make that thing not push freely now!

DAC
Try pulling the hose off after the pump to see if it’s pumping. My shut off valve went bad on my Cub LT1050. I took it out and broke the valve stem off like they showed on YouTube reinstalled it and disconnected the wire. It works great.

Try pulling the hose off after the pump to see if it’s pumping. My shut off valve went bad on my Cub LT1050. I took it out and broke the valve stem off like they showed on YouTube reinstalled it and disconnected the wire. It works great.

No fuel after the pump when the line was disconnected, but don't those "pulse" pumps need to be hooked to the carb to operate correctly?
DSCN4479.JPG

Thanks for the reminder on eliminating the electric fuel shutoff, Jim and Rick! I now remember reading about that trick before! Will give that a shot too before buying a new carb! I'll try that after work tomorrow if it ain't to dang hot!

DAC

No fuel after the pump when the line was disconnected, but don't those "pulse" pumps need to be hooked to the carb to operate correctly?
View attachment 58361

Thanks for the reminder on eliminating the electric fuel shutoff, Jim and Rick! I now remember reading about that trick before! Will give that a shot too before buying a new carb! I'll try that after work tomorrow if it ain't to dang hot!

DAC
Any good pulse pump I have checked that was good spits fuel out. Make sure your third hose which is the impulse line is connected to the crankcase. If no fuel try checking your impulse hose for suction before buying a new one. Don’t buy the cheap no brand stay with Mikuni.

The fuel pump works fine. I had the fuel shutoff closed when I checked it last night---LOL! I cut the end off of that electric fuel shutoff and tried it again. Still no run except with gas poured in. Decided I will take off the blower housing to get at the carb better and check it out. The choke still won't move so that needs to be addressed anyway. The engine looks ok with the parts removed. Fins are pretty clean and no sign of mouse nests at least.
DSCN4510.JPG DSCN4511.JPG

The choke is frozen in the carb. Linkage and cable work fine. Pulled the intake and the air horn off and this was a bad sign why the choke won't move.
DSCN4512.JPG

Time to take the bowl off and it is damm ugly!
DSCN4514.JPG DSCN4515.JPG

I'm not even going to bother trying to clean this mess up. I went ahead and ordered a new one!

The guy I bought these two tractors from messaged me on FB tonight and said he thinks he found the fuel tank for the JD110! If it's not rusted out, that will be good to have! Will go pick that up Saturday.

DAC

Back