Another Craftsman?, Yup. Slightly Different Than My Others........

I hate Champion plugs for autos. Yet for power equipment they do very well. In your image, the Champion has a better top for the wire to clip onto. The more surface area of the top, the better. The poor NGK is very small for a top.

1692239916469.png

I hate Champion plugs for autos. Yet for power equipment they do very well. In your image, the Champion has a better top for the wire to clip onto. The more surface area of the top, the better. The poor NGK is very small for a top.

View attachment 72318
That’s such a simple but overlooked connection that most ignore. It doesn’t take much of a loose connection to cause one to miss fire.

Hi Everybody,

I got an update and good and bad news on the tractor for y’all. The good news is that I got the old belt off to put the new 73” one I got on, but the bad news is I go to put on the new belt and it’s too big. So now sadly I gotta go back to Tractor Supply again for about the 4th time now and get a smaller one. I’m honestly thinking it maybe a 71”. I know what I’m gonna do though, since I got the old belt off now, I’m gonna bring it to Napa since it’s down the street from Tractor Supply and have them measure it since they got a belt measure tool then go to Tractor Supply and HOPEFULLY get the right size. I will hopefully be going all this tomorrow..…

1C1074B6-BF8C-46D9-A24F-A90943FB5BC3.jpeg

4300B7A9-97A1-4EBB-B8A2-38C701BC25AC.jpeg

09DF8C07-107C-419D-8660-8C58547E9256.jpeg

Somewhat of an “update” if you call it one. Belts, take 4. So on Saturday I went back to tractor supply to again exchange belts, but first I stop at Napa down the street to get an exact measurement of the old belt to judge the size of the new one. I asked the guy at the counter “can you measure this for me so I have an exact measurement”, he says “sure but if its what I’m thinking it is its a 68”. So he leaves the counter, measures it, and comes back and says 67” or 68”. I then confirmed my suspicions were correct as I originally thought this was a 68” belt in post #3 here, this being said I told him “ok that’s what I thought thank you” then went to Tractor Supply up the street and bought these. A 69” and a 70”. HOPEFULLY 4th times the charm these will work, I plan to hopefully put it tomorrow or sometime this week……

C2892577-0BEE-4613-9157-74F0377708FE.jpeg

Eric you can get pretty darn close to the right belt length if you just run a tape measure around the outside diameter of the belt. Start with marked black line and hold tape tight as you continue around to black line again. Will get you to at least a 1/4" - 1/2"..

Hi everybody,

I got good news. I put on the new belt today, I started from the back of the tractor and moved forward. I put the 69” on and it unfortunately was a tad too short and would not go around the big blue pulley, that said I put the 70” on and it went around the blue pulley so looks like it did the trick. I double checked our other tractors for slack or looseness on their belts and compared the looseness on the new belt on the hydro and it was about the same to me. Both feeling it and looking at it from a distance. I also double checked with my stepdad and he said it was good too. That said I personally do think that 4th time WAS the charm, so now I gotta go back to Tractor Supply and return the 69”. Now I’m gonna charge the battery the previous owner gave me for a day or 2, get a new negative battery cable from my stepdad because he says he has one, put the gas tank on and put gas in it then see what she does. Whether I succeed or not, my plan is to hopefully have it running and all the fluids changed by our next and last fair of the year and maybe show it in a couple weeks at the beginning of October. Here is a picture of the new belt, more to come soon……

226BDBB2-1703-4592-BD28-71E6547D9A43.jpeg

FD0241AD-6B83-415C-A7F1-0F4F6F76F875.jpeg

Hi everybody, I got an update on the hydrostatic……

I hooked up the battery charger to the battery the previous owner gave me today, I will let it charge until tomorrow then check on it but I have a feelin that it will take a couple days or at least until Friday to fully charge up. The battery is from 2019.

AF979EEE-4F99-4242-876B-CCA4F075648B.jpeg

11B84AB4-3EA4-4583-BC71-0455B67C96A2.jpeg

28566E33-0FF9-4622-B5D4-20C014C2C419.jpeg

F1976BC9-919E-476B-9D11-7E44F6735BD6.jpeg

If I can make a suggestion, take a paint pen and write the belt size on the tractor frame below the belt for future reference. I started doing this years ago and the info is nice to have.

That is a good idea, and thank you for the suggestion. I however save the original package as it has the belt size on it, and I write what tractor it goes to

I thought I posted this here already, but I’m not seeing it….. hmmm, weird. Maybe I didn’t. Anyway I have a couple updates on the hydrostatic……

I’m just letting everyone know that I tested the battery by switching it out with my yellow Craftsman’s battery yesterday, and it started the tractor. I let the tractor run for about 15 minutes to charge up the battery a little more. I tested it again today and it started the tractor again, so I let it run for another 15 minutes. So now I’m gonna leave the battery in the yellow tractor for awhile until I actually get the hydrostatic running then I will switch them over. I would call that a success.

Shout out goes to my stepdad here. I’m gonna go back a bit here to posts 16+17 when I took my negative battery wire off because it was broke and I was gonna buy one, but my stepdad says “I have one”. Well, he actually surprised me. I asked him one day if he can get the extra wire he has so I can start working on the tractor again after a few days, and he comes back with the original and says “it wasn’t that bad I just cut off the bad piece and sawdered a new piece on.” I gotta say he out did himself and it looks great, now I can actually put it back on!! That will probably be tomorrow or sometime this week…..

B11FB1D6-4B99-43B0-9CE0-41452D5FE9A6.jpeg

896E3074-5BAA-4BC6-B6D7-0B25BF1AEA5A.jpeg

6BE59647-FB71-43E4-BE65-16E97D222CF4.jpeg

Another update on the tractor going back a few posts to post 28 where I put the new 70” drive belt on. When I took the old belt off, which was more of a P.I.T.A. then I thought, I had to take the middle pulley off to full get the belt off. (The pulley in my first picture.) I took it off put the new one and went to put the pulley back on and I got it pretty tight to what I thought was normal tight, BUT it was still loose or not tight not wobbly. Technically what I’m saying is that it was wiggly. That said 2nd guessing myself and thinking I missed something, I asked my stepdad because he is stronger than me, “can you tighten this”. He says “sure I’ll look at it”, sure enough he says “it won’t tighten because the bearings are shot and are no good.” So now I went to Tractor Supply and exchanged my extra 69” belt that I didn’t use, and got a new pulley. The pulleys bore or middle part however was a little too big, BUT the rest of the pulley was correct and exactly like the old one. That said we had to modify it and put 3/8” nuts in and drilled them out so the original bolt would fit without problems. I will get pictures of the end result and post them at a later date, but I’m hoping to put it on tomorrow or sometime this week along with my battery cable and see how it fits..…

5B60A096-457A-49FD-AFAD-BA0F2A88D91C.jpeg

884AA75A-59AB-4C6D-9012-D9CDAD6D3FB8.jpeg

53D96AFF-7551-484C-BA16-4C30871D99FA.jpeg

FB51C3BA-0622-440F-82E3-307465CD473B.jpeg

Sounds like you may have needed the spacer. I went through this with the deck on the JD110 not long ago. Fortunately I saved the old pulley until the new one got here and the little plastic spacer from the old one fit the new one fine.

DAC

Attachments

• DSCN5610.JPG
    DSCN5610.JPG
    208.6 KB · Views: 1
  • DSCN5612.JPG
    DSCN5612.JPG
    145.5 KB · Views: 1
  • DSCN5613.JPG
    DSCN5613.JPG
    202.8 KB · Views: 1
Sounds like you may have needed the spacer. I went through this with the deck on the JD110 not long ago. Fortunately I saved the old pulley until the new one got here and the little plastic spacer from the old one fit the new one fine.

DAC

You can say I did yes, dang it I didn’t even know they sold a spacer. I would of bought one :(. Maybe I will anyway just in case I need it in the future. Here is the finished product of mine before I installed it……

DF95FAD2-19CA-4751-A32D-9EBF76B63972.jpeg

Compared to before……

3FD27413-5E72-45DD-B3FB-D9365CD1ABAF.jpeg

Back