Back on the powered lawn roller idea - part 2

I went out to the garage to move the model-T back to make room so I can get the roller out.

As I said in the video earlier, the easiest way would be to put the tires on it, drop it down and roll it back. The problem with that is .. the tires are not mounted on the rims yet and I really don't feel like mounting them up today.
So .. I thought that I could just put the rims on and roll it back on them.
I set a rim on the rear axle and did some measuring. The exhaust will hit the floor before the rims do so that isn't going to work.

My next idea is to roll my die table under the back end and support the rear axle up on it with wood blocks.
That works slick and the back of the car is nice and stable on the die cart.

100_3959.jpg

Then I used the big floor jack to support the front end.

100_3961.jpg

With the car supported on three points, I used a come-a-long to ease it back.

100_3960.jpg

Before, there was a good four foot between the rear bumper and the edge of the table.
Now there is about a foot and a half.

100_3963.jpg

In the video that I took the other day, I had moved the bucket and the plasma cutter ( the item covered with the sheet ) away from the wall to get more room.
I had also moved the jack stand under the left front wheel so it was sitting on the corner of the wood blocks and not in the center like had been sitting.

Now, even with the bucket and the plasma cutter setting next to the wall and the jack stand sitting in the center of the wood blocks, there is still plenty of room to get the roller out and back in.
However .. I'm not taking it out today because there is snow on the ground in front of the garage door.
This, along with the mud, would stick to the tires and the roller and make a mess on the garage floor when I brought the roller back in.

100_3964.jpg

Last edited:
The weather has warmed up and melted the snow in front of the garage door so I brought the roller out.
I'm satisfied with the speed and handling of the roller so I'm not going to have to change any of the drive sprockets.

I have this set of wheel weights off the rear 16 inch wheels of a Case Ingersoll garden tractor. I don't know exactly what they weigh but they are heavy. They are now on the front wheels of my Bolens Ridemaster. I'm going to take them off and put them on the front wheels of this roller.

SAM_2044.JPG

Here is a short video of the roller being run outside.

I've been working on getting the roller ready for painting.
Everything here will be painted Bolens Ridemaster green.

100_3979.jpg

100_3980.jpg

These are the parts that were removed that will also get painted.

100_3981.jpg

Originally, the two crankcase vent holes on top of the engine probably had a hose from each of them that ran up to connect with the air filter.
I have made up a manifold from copper tube that connects to both of the vent holes and has a hose that runs down thru the frame for a road draft tube.

100_3984.jpg

Back