Bolens 1886 Kwik-Way loader install

Got a few pics and a question. First the pics:
DSCN0233.JPG DSCN0234.JPG DSCN0235.JPG

In the last pic is where we hope to connect a shorty driveline for the pump. It will only be about 7.75" between u-joint centers. How much vertical offset can I go safely there. Need at least 1/2", would like 1". Otherwise, we'll have to find another option to run the pump and it can't be belt driven nor turn CCW.

Got a few pics and a question. First the pics:
View attachment 52285 View attachment 52286 View attachment 52287

In the last pic is where we hope to connect a shorty driveline for the pump. It will only be about 7.75" between u-joint centers. How much vertical offset can I go safely there. Need at least 1/2", would like 1". Otherwise, we'll have to find another option to run the pump and it can't be belt driven nor turn CCW.
It should not be a problem for ¹/² at that length. 1" might be pushing the limit. Make sure your shafts are parallel.

I attached the pump directly to the pto shaft. Used a splined coupler and welded a bushing to
it that fit the pumps shaft. Made a mount for the pump that was attached to the tractor. Never gave any problems.
This pump is too tall to align directly to the spline and can only turn CW so has to be under the tractor.

Got a pump mount made up with a 1" drop. Looks like it will be just fine. Rain today, so no crawling around under the tractor. I'll get some more pics soon. Once I get things tack welded. I can lower this thing and finish weld it all.

During the damp morning hours, I made up brackets for the angle braces. They are mirrors, so should work both sides.
DSCN0239.JPG DSCN0240.JPG

Here's what I'm doing for the stud.
DSCN0241.JPG

Finally dried enough I could tack weld things and drop the mount. This thing is heavy.
DSCN0242.JPG DSCN0243.JPG

Have to go to my daughter's early, but hope to have this all welded solid tomorrow.

Back