Bought my first Predator engine.....

The Poulan snowblower I bought a few years ago was hard to start no matter how much you pushed the primer bulb. I finally removed some sheet metal and found the hose was more cracks than hose. Been working great ever since!! I think the chinese never will make a good recipe for rubber products!! Has anyone ever noticed the short life span of wiper blades as compared to not too many years ago.
Mike

Last edited:
How would you compare the difference in power between the Tecumseh and the Predator. Since they're 1 hp different.?

The new engine definitely feels like it has a lot more power BUT it may not be a fair comparison. The HH120 was drinking oil even though it seemed to be starting and running well. The smoke cloud was quite thick at times. That's why my wife and kids went and bought the engine for me for father's day back then. They knew I had already tried a standard bore overhaul that only lasted a couple mowings. Boring was all I could do to salvage the HH120. I had to wait until mowing season was over to do the swap though.

The biggest thing I have noticed is that the Predator engine consumes about half of the gas that the HH120 did. I imagine that could be because that old engine was so tired too though.

I bought this 6 1/2 "Grayhound" engine around two weeks ago at auction for $55 . Greyhound is what HF use to sell before the new Predators engines. This motor was a NOS that was still in its sealed unopened box. Has a manufacturing date of 2009. Little worried about sitting for 10 years. Put gas and oil in and ONE pull it started. Honestly I've never had a motor start so easily.

Put it on a go kart that had a Tecumseh power sport engine. Biggest piece of junk I ever pulled my back out over..!

Those engines might be the same ones, just different badging. Hard to say. Looks like a fun Kart, great deal on that NOS engine!

DAC

I just tried ordering Pittsburg tire irons on sale for $5.99 from HF. They no longer accept International credit cards. Incredibly stupid IMO as I have a US shipping address but my CC's are Canadian.
ROCKAUTO got on board few years ago and now they even ship to Canada dirt cheap. I needed a part, local Napa told me 6 weeks as none in Canada. Rockauto had one in Wisconsin and had it here in 4 days.

Back