Hill Top adventures

Thanks guys! It's gonna be wait and pray for awhile. There is brain swelling, and if her therapeutic levels get off at all there is danger of another clot or hemorrhage. 7 days will tell. Going to be a long week.

The job that was lined up for this week is just a couple miles from the hospital. So this morning my wife's friend picked up my wrench mover (youngest son) at 5:15, dropped JR off at another friend who will make sure he gets to school. Then I took my wife to the hospital for the day. Dropped her off and headed to work. A couple hours of emptying my mind sure was refreshing.

We are looking at another week in ICU for my mother-in-law. Still fighting brain swelling. Now there lung troubles and high risks of other complications from being bedridden. Her mind is still very clear so that is a blessing.

Yesterday JR wanted to mow the back yard. He must have been really bored.. A flat tire on a holiday nixed that idea. A leaky tube looking old as the hills, definitely should get a new one. So this evening went out to the hardware store to get a new one. And the tube shelf was almost empty and the box with the size I wanted empty. Ask a sales guy if they have any back in the storage. He says good luck, everything is back ordered. Uh oh, not what I wanted to hear. I want to hear JR mowing. So it got a patch which will likely give out right before we finish mowing on a Saturday after the stores close. Little tire sure didn't give much room to slip the tube back in.

JR came over to me today n says, the tractor sounds different. Hmm, what will it be this time? At least he let me know about it. Sounded like the muffler was loose so I said it should be ok to run. When it cooled down I opened it up to find the end cap half off.
0601191911.jpg
Upon hearing that JR was ready to go again. For some reason, it sounded like he would lug the engine down and open the throttle.;) It gave a nice rumble, not quite the bark of a straight pipe. Of course pops had to give him a hard time about working it to be louder. "Dad, you must have been hallucinating" :eek::rolleyes:
As my uncle says, that apple didn't fall far from the tree.

My wife's mom has been at a rehab center for the last weeks. Sounds like another week and a half she should be released from there. Making decent recovery so far.

Got the potatoes all dug today. I didn't have a large amount planted this year. I think it was only 20 pounds of seed. But the yield was definitely more than last year. Mostly medium and small, not many of the size that makes a great baking potato. I had planted in wet conditions and hilled them way too wet. Sure made for hard digging today. Picked the last meal of fresh corn also.

JR passed his hunter safety course this week. So now he is all jacked up about hunting and trapping. I am hoping to get him more into trapping to give him more time in the field. Hoping to start by going after rodents in the neighboring fields. But he has big dreams of deer hunting too. But all my guns were sold to pay for med costs. Not sure how this will work yet to give him his dream.

The crops in the fields next to my place are coming off. And until the next crop gets planted in a couple weeks, I have room to cut firewood. The farmer said to cut all that I want, he needs to clean out the whole tree line to make room for new soil conservation plans.

Back