Hill Top adventures

This week JR was supposed to mow and he decided his mower wasn't working right, so he didn't. And today he reminded me that I still didn't work on it... Somehow, once again, I managed to put the blade on upside down. No wonder it barely cut. I was called old bald and forgetful. What a guy, tormenting his pops like that. And now the water heater sprung a leak. So more plumbing chaos. And I am trying to still get some spring trimming done on the bushes. Garden is growing good with all the rain the last couple weeks. Amazing how good I am at growing weeds every year. Peas are done, beans are in season now.

Today I picked up the new string trimmer. After waiting a month for it to get to the store. Decided to go with the 20v instead of continuing to wait for who knows how long for the 60v to arrive. Salesman said the battery that comes with the 20v is actually a higher amp hour than what comes with the 60v.

0725201914.jpg

I was up in New York along the Lake Ontario this past weekend. Brother-in-law knew of a great place to go. Actually drove thru a farmer's pasture to get to his private campground. Had to wait for a couple cows to move to the side so we could drive thru.
0801201248.jpg
He came by on his JD
0801201532.jpg

Fired up the orange rust bucket today. Put the blade on the 3 point to fill in washout on the driveway. Probably the first that we used the Gravely since the garden was finished planted. Was having trouble getting it started and even jumping it barely helped. Ended up being corrosion on the battery clamp. Spun over a lot nicer after a cleaning.

See that rock outcrop? Steps up to a deck on top of that.
0111211349.jpg
Almost to the rock with the steps.
0113211324.jpg
From the deck looking back down.
0115211552.jpg
Skidding lumber through the woods to slide down the hill.
0115210939.jpg
From the top looking down to the deck.
0119211315.jpg

A total of 166 steps going up about 102' with a 10'×14' deck half way up.

Back