Hoping to Build This Soon.

Been mulling over where to build this on a flat, level surface. Best I can come up with is on top of my 16' trailer. I can park it up front here and get it level. It will be up on jacks, so I won't be so worried about someone stealing it. Got a lock for the hitch too. Can't come up with a better solution. Once I get the main frame and axle mounts welded up, it can be flipped over and set on it's own wheels to do everything from the top side. Stay tuned!

Brought the trailer up and leveled it out. Got the Main frame rails out and started to weld it together. Got it square and went from there.
DSCN5165.JPG DSCN5166.JPGDSCN5167.JPG

DSCN5168.JPG DSCN5169.JPG

Got the tongue and hitch located.
DSCN5170.JPG

Ready for the axle. But I may have to take it off the trailer as the hubs will hit the fenders right now. Or just remove both hubs as I have to take one off to see which way the brakes are set up. We'll see.

Finally following along! I dig how you improvised using your bigger trailer as the surface to jig up your smaller trailer! You have probably shown it before but I have missed it, is that tractor set up as a welding rig?

DAC

Finally following along! I dig how you improvised using your bigger trailer as the surface to jig up your smaller trailer! You have probably shown it before but I have missed it, is that tractor set up as a welding rig?

DAC
Nope, just improvised. I use that fork lift type attachment a lot. I'll get a pic of it today for you.

Back