Hoping to Build This Soon.

Once the weather cleared and the trailer dried up, I drug everything back out and finished what I started this morning. Just waiting for the stake pockets, next weekend for them.

Looking good, Kenny! I really like the receiver idea for the winch!

If the paint uses naptha, there "shouldn't" be any reason why you can't use an automotive type reducer or mineral spirits. Naptha is very fast drying and with the heat you are dealing with down there it may dry coming out of the spray gun! I'm not familiar with that brand of paint though. Maybe it is super slow paint to begin with. We would use naptha in cold weather painting outdoor signs, then use slower drying reducers in warm weather. You would need to do a test and see if it dries too fast. Did you use naptha on the winch mount paint? Seems like you have A/C in your shop? It just sounds odd to use a fast thinner in real hot conditions.

DAC

If the paint uses naptha, there "shouldn't" be any reason why you can't use an automotive type reducer or mineral spirits. Naptha is very fast drying and with the heat you are dealing with down there it may dry coming out of the spray gun! I'm not familiar with that brand of paint though. Maybe it is super slow paint to begin with. We would use naptha in cold weather painting outdoor signs, then use slower drying reducers in warm weather. You would need to do a test and see if it dries too fast. Did you use naptha on the winch mount paint? Seems like you have A/C in your shop? It just sounds odd to use a fast thinner in real hot conditions.

DAC
The winch mount was a spray can job. I bought 2 cans of the matching color in case they were needed.

We do too. Started around 2 this morning. Super great and hope it keeps it up all day.

DAC
Here's what Van Sickle recommends for their paint:

Attachments

• Thinning Instructions.pdf
    67.7 KB · Views: 2
  • VS PIS 467.pdf
    499 KB · Views: 2
Back