I like winter, but can spring hurry and get here?

alleyyooper

Tractorologist
I'm going thru withdrawal, miss many of the people who were regulars at shows we attended also.
So I've been looking at pictures.

Lowell Michigan was a nice show. first show we have ever attended we got to walk a couple of blocks had a great breakfast with a car owner discount on the intire bill.
Would do this show again just for the biskets and gravey.

Nice ElComino but a very weird paint job.

At this show the trucks recieved most of the awards too so that says some thing.

:D Al

Do you know who made Alstate scooters?

The hauler is very nice also.

Isn't many shows where you see a AMC car let alone a Rebel.

Most times if you see a AMC car it is the AMX.

I've always liked the Orginal Pontiac Grand Prix before they were down sized in 1969.

OK winter starts December 23d by the calander but for many winter starts with the first snow fall that stays for several weeks.

In my area we are a month ahead of every thing this year. Shoot Sunday was 56F, a January thaw day. got rid of all the snow and went back to mud season.

Allstate brand was sold by Sears. It says Cushman on the one in your picture. Sure looks like a 50s Cushman Highlander to me. They also did Vespa and some of those pugachi (don't remember the name) mopeds as well. All branded as Allstate. This was 50s into the late 60s.

I imagine that particular bike is quite rare. I've never seen one in person.

We had an Allstate Vespa for awhile. It was actually reasonably rare. Picked it up for a 1000 bucks, and sold it off for a little bit more. A guy came all the way from Florida to get it! We picked him up at the Pittsburgh airport, dropped him off at the U-Haul store, he rented a U-Haul, came to the house, loaded it up, then drove all the way back to Florida.

Check out this wikipedia article for a little more information

Nice line up of vehicles. I like the AMC/Rambler stuff. My son has a 64 Rambler American. 343 V8 automatic.

Noel
I learned to drive in a dark green 1969 Rambler... 198 cu. in. straight 6, 3-speed on the column..... I’m pretty sure it had a heater, no radio. I do remember the vacuum-operated windshield wipers..... occasionally while tooling down the road, you’d have to let up off of the gas pedal to make the wipers go “swoosh-swoosh”.... it was a great car..... the most reliable, sure-start-on-winter-mornings kind of car! Had my first fender-bender in that car, now that I think about it! Didn’t even make it out of our neighborhood on the way to work after school one afternoon......

Thank you on the picture takeing, I am useing a Cannon Rebel T6. I just have to make sure there is a card in the camera no internal memory.

I learned to drive a 1954 Case tractor 4 speed, a 1947 Studabaker Commander 3 on the tree and a 56 ford 1 ton flat rack with a 4 speed.
OH the joys of being a farm kid.

Then I got old enough where I had to take drivers training. 4 of us from the same area would drive some thing to town and then drive the schools 57 pontiac wagon with a auto. then a 56 ford 4 door with 3 on the tree.
Instructor told us to go where ever we wanted and every so often he would have us stop and switch drivers.

LOL we spent a lot of time checking fish cleaning stations and the beach area :thumbs:

St. Johns Michigan. One of the very first car shows we attended. We came to like the show there the people many farm familys types.

The business people donate many door prizes for this show.

The owner of this Ford truck shows every one where he got it.

They also know how to build power plants.

Orginal 1963 Studabaker Avinta.

Another nice old Ford pick up.

This car was finished 5 years ago Febuary 2019. The lady who brings it to shows does it because he died before he could show it.

Ya'll like AMC well here is another one. It has a 258 inline 6 engine, auto trans. Young fellow who owns it said his grand dad had one just like it and he used to sit on grand dads lap and drive the back country road. said it took him 8 years to find one of the same model and options.

I like Rat rods. Just about any thing goes with them.

The early street rods are also expresstions of the owners.

I was shopping for a for a new to me gloryfied grocery cart. I was looking at a gray Dodge 1500 and just said no. Sales lady who chose to join Kare and I pointed out a Dodge 1500 the black out one. I said no way I would drive that for free and she said people pay extra for that when buying new.

I told her I wasn't some people and I wasn't even happy all the trucks sold today to city people have made the 8 foot box a thing of the past.

Almont Michigan 2017 was the first and last time we did and will ever do this show. Like they didn't even hide the fact it was a good old boy show for Almont car/truck owners.
The information sheet said limited parking so arrive early.
We get there and it appears a church parking lot is where the cars are.

We sign up and pay our money and are pointed to the back of the church parking lot figure they will fill up the back and work forward. We set up our sun shade in the grass since we were on the edge.

Then we sat and watched car and truck after car and truck get directed to a side street with a car or truck joining us every once in a while in the church lot.
every car and truck got a ballot to vote for most orginal, best in show, best paint, and best custom. Spectors also got a ballot when they entered thru the gate at the hed of the street.

No one was ever told that there were cars and trucks in the church parking lot too.

Nice 57 Ford with a fuel injected Mustang engine, root beer some thing paint job.

The most orginal, to bad you can reaqd the sign and all the coustom work done to it.

So funny story. I had to go to a foot doctor because my toe nails were turning black for no reason. after that first trip it was set up I would go and have my nails trimmed so they could keep tract of then.
Second trip I was wearing my Buick hat and flag city car show T shirt. Lady trimming my nails asked if we had a show car/truck. I told her yes we had our Buick. She says you should come to th ecar show in Almont I am part of the committee.

I let her have it with both barrels how crooked it was and there was no way we would ever go to that show again and we do warn others about them.

So yesterday she asks if we had a good year.
I tell her ya we got a top 25 first show of the year in Midland, won $50.00 at Ithaca, a top 10 at Waterford, another top 25 in Rease, farthest traveled in Climax, and best in class at Sandusky and best of all we didn't get treated at any show like Almont treated us and a few others.

This is a T type Regal not a GN.

I was shopping for a for a new to me gloryfied grocery cart. I was looking at a gray Dodge 1500 and just said no. Sales lady who chose to join Kare and I pointed out a Dodge 1500 the black out one. I said no way I would drive that for free and she said people pay extra for that when buying new.

I told her I wasn't some people and I wasn't even happy all the trucks sold today to city people have made the 8 foot box a thing of the past.

Yeah I'm about tired of seeing 4 door too-short beds, today's trucks are way out of proportion, almost cartoonish and when I do see an 8ft conventional cab truck, it's always white and usually has a "City of......." Decal on the door and municipal license plates.
I'd like to find a 3/4 ton conv. cab (or even a cab and a half) with conventional 8 foot bed, in blue green or even brown.... Not red or white

Back