I like winter, but can spring hurry and get here?

I like a long bed for a working truck. A friend of mine had a crew cab long bed and you couldn't park it anywhere. In a parking spot at walmart if you parked in a normal spot with a car in front of you 4' of the truck was hanging out in the road.

A nice 4x4 3/4 ton regular cab long box is my kind of truck. 1/2 ton would be good too. Any thing from about 96 and older. And older the better.
Just my thinkin.

Noel

A lot of great pics there Al! For some reason the Binder 4x4 with the tractor on the trailer is one of my favorites. I tend to walk by lots of chrome and billet to look at an old survivor or a restored original. I don't dislike the hot rods and customs at all, just seems what I prefer is getting harder to find in shows.

I always said that if a 4x8 sheet of plywood don't fit in the box it's useless---until I got the old beater '55 GMC. For some reason a long box that year was 89".

I learned to drive in 1971 in a 1970 GMC Jimmy 4x4. 30 years later I got the truck, still have it. First car I owned was a '63 Rambler Classic 660. 232 cu.in. Bought it from my sister in '72. It was a darn good car but I traded it off in '73.

Noel, did you guys ever find a 4bbl intake for your Rambler? I been keeping an eye out but pickin's are thin here.

DAC

I removed the 4 barrel manifold off my 258 inline 6 before I sold my CJ 5. Still have it but plan to put it on my CJ 7 some day.

Some of the old 360 and 401 AMC engines had 4 barrel carbs, brothers had a quadrajet.
you can still buy aftermarket ones for the 304, 360 and 401 engines.

:D Al

Doug, Ended up getting a original cast intake and put that on. Works great. And put a carter carb on which is what that 343 engine had when new.
Thanks for looking thou.

Noel

Those engines that have the 4 barrel carb was a option. Was called, Go Package. It would consist of the 4 barrel carb, dual exhaust and high compression engine.

Noel

Goodrich Mi show is a nice one but bring your lunch. they have all the food trucks parked in front of the band stand so it is hard to order.

Nice Mercury rarely seen at shows in this area.

C78N0C8.jpg

58 Chevy rug rat hauler another rarely seen at shows.

qB4rUmU.jpg

You see a few retractable hard tops 59 Fords. Fellow bought this one from a Detroit area pawn shop for 250.00 10 years ago.

VSAW03C.jpg

This Pete hauls a traveling bar.

bC1sGh4.jpg

AFX1paX.jpg

Nice restored old Ford T.

eWpldC3.jpg

I like the flames and paint on this street rod.

s48UENm.jpg

Since we own a Buick I always look at the Buicks.
A Buick Special.

6RyixXL.jpg

Buick rug rat hauler.

g1VGd69.jpg

Nice Chevy panal wagon.

TMfpzT8.jpg

Here is a oldie orginal Chevy tow truck.

Ybs8S6z.jpg

I like the flames over the silver on this street rod too.

3g7YGHL.jpg

This show always draws 300 plus cars/trucks. there is another show straight up the road 45 miles to the north the same day too. It was really hot this year and there were so many cars and trucks it was hard to find room to put up a sun shade in some areas. Cars were parked on a city street and in the school bus parking area. By 1:00PM people wrre leaving due to the heat. We were told a couple weeks later that for 2019 they are not going to have the scocer tournament and cars will be parked in the grass and that parking lot which is gravel.

A Ford Falcon rag top.

wEPeYl3.jpg

Nice street rod.

vg8C7sC.jpg

Seems some engine swaps creates a rats nest of wires.

h2IwU4z.jpg

xMhYdMN.jpg

Nice Binder.

5oEKk1s.jpg

Don't often take a picture of a 55,56or 57 Chevys there so nearly like belly buttons but this one is so clean.

V0UL2rO.jpg

d1RjPnD.jpg

Yes. Always like to see more antiques. It’s amazing that there would be two shows that close together on the same day. Must be quite a collection of antiques in that area.

Noel

Well Goodrich is near the northern boader of Oakland County which has some of the biggest towns in the SE corner of the state. The other town Vassar is closer to Bay City, Saginaw so draws from there it seems.
We got to GoodRich because it isn't over 20 miles from home.

Flint Michigans Back to the bricks 2019 schudule is set now.

Chrome and Ice indoor car show Dort event center Home to the Fire Birds Febuary 8 9& 10 2019

Pictures from 2018. A 3 day rageing snow storm was going on out side. we got close to 20 inches of snow in those 3 days.

Side A

Side B

A sponcers 442 Olds.

Challenger.

Custom Ford rag top.

Chevy.

A company restores Vetts and sells them.

Fella who owns this set up lives near me but I think he does most shows down nearer to Detroit.

Another nice 442 Olds, I used to set out a folder with papers and old pictures of our car. Not many people look at those so I stopped doing it. But I do like to look at other peoples books.

Have you heard the song little old lady from Pasadea? Her shiney red super stock Dodge.

Buick rag top with a straight 8.

Olds rug rat hauler a pre SUV/ Mini van if you will.

A car built for a lady, she had breast cancer so that is why it is Pink.

As per usual there are always a bunch of Chevells. This one however is shiny black.

If I got to have a short box PU let it be like this one.

Red T bird, Daddy took it away and brought it to Chrome and Ice.

Monte Carlo.

Bugs are starting to show up at car shows now.

Back