I like winter, but can spring hurry and get here?

AMC Gremlin, My mother worked for AMC at a plastic plant that made a lot of plastic parts for Jeeps and AMC cars.

Chevy bubble top.

Buick Grand Sport X. I think this is the one parked next to us on Watewr street.

Corvette, I second favorite style.

:D Al

One of my favorite styles of Vette.

Another Chevy bubble top.

Dolled up 56 Ford sedan.

Cale Yarbourgh edtion Mercury Clyclone.

Ford Torino.

Ford T coupe.

Started life as a 37 Pontiac throw in a bit of S10 suspension, and a lot of work.

Ford rag top.

GTO

Ford Falcon Ranchro.

Ford rag top.

Dodge Long box.

Dodge Dart.

This Ford Coupe was painted 23 years ago by the same guy that painted our Buick.

Early Chevy Van.

A gasser.

Chevy short box.

Back to the Bricks Prmo Tour is June 7th thru the 12 and goes to Sault Ste. Marie, to spend two days and return to Bay City for the end of the road luncheon. Stops will be made in several towns along the way Clare Harrison, Houghton Lake Gay lord and others. Last year they had 280 cars and trucks in the tour. there had been talk of having two promo tours for 2019 but that was nixed.

Back to the Bricks tune up partys are a week long car show at several Mid michigan towns.

That's a '47 model. Amazing amount of talent went into that car and thanks for sharing. Don't think I would want to do the doors that way but wow, thats a engineering feat. I always liked the fender extensions of the day. That Pontiac had beautiful hood mounts originally, illuminated Indian head and much flashier than its plane jane chev cousin.

Started life as a 37 Pontiac throw in a bit of S10 suspension, and a lot of work.

Yup a 47 sorry I typed 37. He told me each door took 3 months to get them to work right. Told me it was easier to get the S10 sespention under it and the small block Chevy engine in it.

Back to the Bricks tune up parties are held in slect towns in Genese county Mi.

First one is Davison Mi held at Johns pizzeria & VG super market. 2018 it rained so the turn out wasn't as big the 2017 event.
First 400 cars regustered got a T shirt this years has a famous building in the surrounding area and a car(no picture of it due to the rain storm.).

Some 2017 pictures.
If your wanting a car or truck shows are good places to fin one.

This nicely done sedan street rod is powered by Mopar drive train. Older fellow had it for sale in 2018.

Nice old 57 Ford 2 dr. ht. a whole bunch rarer than 57 Chevys.

Many Ford Sky liners show up at shows.

Another nicly done sedan street rod.

A Buick Grand Sport. ELGA credit union truck in back ground, they sponcered the event and handed out the T shirts.

1987 Buick LeSabre. this is the body style GM came out with when they discontinued the rear wheel drive LeSabre like ours.

Buick Sky Lark rag top.

This Buick GN had GNX decals on it so not sure if it was for real or not.

Imported Chrylser by Maserati.

SWecond tune up party was in Clio Michigan in a old strip mall parking lot and most stores have went out of bussiness like a K Mart.

Got my T shirt Model to pick up the T shirt for the show. she is wearing the St Johns Michigan 2017 Mint fest car show T shirt.

Not your adverage Chevy II.

Some work went into this old pick up.

Bobby Jones Buick 225, I am for ever picking on him about his little itty bitty car. when asked if he had to put an addition on the garage for it he said no he had to build a new bigger one.

A early Buick Special compact.

A Buick Special compact rag top.

Jans 1985 Buick Regal.

4DR. Buick Sky Lark.

Last edited:
About 5 times as many vehicles as there were spectators. My kind of show, in and out in 5 min and no cover charge.

Oh there are a lot of people all the time but unless they are takeing pictures I can usually get a picture with out a bunch of people in the shots.

"Always a head scratcher for me. Guys bring their cars and have to pay to let spectators look at them for nothing..."

I used to show tractors and I was always amazed I had to pay to show our Buick most times. And hundreds of people get to stroll down the streets and look at the cars for free and be told to keep there hands and other body parts off them.
Can't remember seeing a car at a car show except maybe rat rods that don't havle a look but don't touck sticker in the window. a Please don't touck placard.

I spend close to an hour on the Buick once I park it making it shiney and tires black and shiney too includeing the tread you can see.

I may be the odd duck but the 57 Ford hardtops were a better looking car.

Actually, in 57, the Ford outsold the Chevy, one of the few times. I guess there are more Chevys because they held up better. I like the looks of the Ford better too.....and I am a dyed in the wool Chevy guy. I loved my 55. Should have kept it.

Attachments

• 55chevy6.JPG
    55chevy6.JPG
    72.2 KB · Views: 6
  • caf8.jpg
    caf8.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 6
Back