I like winter, but can spring hurry and get here?

A couple of race cars. Factory sponcered.

All the way from Cal.

A all steel body fastest Buick GS ever.

Another of the old ones.

All the way from Canada.

:D Al

Back in 1978 we purchased a 1970 Buick Electra with a 455 cu. in. V8. Belonged to a school teacher that I don't think ever left town. That 375 hp 455 had tons of torque and could pull that big old boat with some real authority. Would get 20 mpg on the highway and about 10 around town. Road like a cloud going down the road. Must have been the only Electra to leave the factory without cruise control. :mad:

First outdoor show of the Spring is a unlikely place. Midland’s Northwood University, the students of the auto section put on two shows a year. Spring is April 2018 was the 3d Saturday and about 60 cars showed up.

The fall one was in Oct the first Saturday, this one has new cars on display thru out the campus and classics in one lot. about 15,500 people attened that event.

Some spring pictures.

The best Ford Bronco style for ever built way I saw them. My brother bought a new 1972 model and later put a HP 289 in it.

alQIiuc.jpg

Brother to the Bronco owner had a Nice Mavrice. I asked where he found such a nice one and he said Grand dads garage.

j7pUZjz.jpg

Nice old Ford Dump truck. Every one wanted a load of gravel delivered.

Bzher8K.jpg

eJRKHgc.jpg

Nice 1963 1/2 Ford 427.

9Ig1tV4.jpg

Nice Chevy Belair.

b8dWL2h.jpg

I think I remember this one as a 53 Belair.

3Qmj73g.jpg

2BWJrqk.jpg

VW Bug. Friend had one and he told about driving to her folks for Christmas and his wife was scrapeing the inside of the window to keep thr forst off.

HvSIbAM.jpg

Guy had his VW bus camper there. said his family still takes it camping. I would like to find a Colman catlittic heater he has on Display far right on the cooler.

MXnEKQB.jpg

Wife always has me take picturs of the early Mustangs. Her first car was a Yellow hard top he dad found for her.

hfglrYQ.jpg

Back in 1963 when so many guys I was in school with were drooling over Vettes I was drolling over the Studabaker Avanti. My folks were Studabaker people so that was part of it.

EuSo0ag.jpg

My mom had a 1947 Studabaker Cammander. Latter a used 1951 Champion.

1S1Jhen.jpg

I really enjoyed talking to this Studabaker Champ truck owner. It belonged to his dad who stopped driveing it for the most part and it was parked in a pole barn and started to driver in the 4th of July parade. when dad passed he got the truck Narrowed by 4 inches the Dodge truck box so it was more streamlined. Yes in those days Dodge supplied the boxes for thr Champ.

R4GZxu7.jpg

Stuabaker GT.

HXi3LvX.jpg

Another nice 63 1/2 ford.

wr8qaIU.jpg

Sort of funny with all the souped up Noves on the road in the 80's and 90's not many seen at car shows.

izZ4zsb.jpg

A impala ss.

w0HWPLy.jpg

My second favorite. the fast back didn't come put till mid model year to satify Nascar 500 sold to thr public rule back then.

The neighbor had one when I was young and I drooled all over it.
County Sheriff took one for a test drive and hit a tree with the speedo pegged. When my neighbor pulled it away from the tree at least part of the crankshaft was stuck in the tree. Went right thru the bumper like a bullet. We actually saw the remains of the car. As I recall it was Marina Blue with white interior highlighted with a lot of blood. They figured he committed suicide.
ebay149687026584732.jpg

Last edited:
I wondered if the cop lived after reading what remained.

Yup speed in the wrong places have killed many along with drinking and speed.

I had a cousin that had a 1957 Chevy rag top that was a beautiful black. got drunk one night and was driveing home went off the road on a curve probably doing over 60 MPH. the engine was in the center of the front seat and thr etrans was in the back seat.
He was close to home so got home and woke his dad up. They took the JD farm tractor and pulled it off the tree and put it out behind the barn.
No cops were called and he sold a lot of parts off it.

I took this picture at ther Climax Michigan Memorial day show. it is hard to believe it started life as a Nash Metro.
Like this one which isn't aqua and white like most.
Yh1OXOF.jpg

wQZ5nJv.jpg

My very first car was a 1958 Ford 4DR.HT.it was gray bottom with a white top. Had a 352 CID 360 hp police inceptor engine in it.

BcBYqGe.jpg

Fellow who owns this Chevy pick up goes to a lot of shows in Michigan also. think he said is a 66.

Vo0754J.jpg

This old pick up doesn't have a speck of chrome. every thing was copper clad.

9NWiJJ5.jpg

Back in 1963 when so many guys I was in school with were drooling over Vettes I was drolling over the Studabaker Avanti. My folks were Studabaker people so that was part of it.

EuSo0ag.jpg

My mom had a 1947 Studabaker Cammander. Latter a used 1951 Champion.

1S1Jhen.jpg

I really enjoyed talking to this Studabaker Champ truck owner. It belonged to his dad who stopped driveing it for the most part and it was parked in a pole barn and started to driver in the 4th of July parade. when dad passed he got the truck Narrowed by 4 inches the Dodge truck box so it was more streamlined. Yes in those days Dodge supplied the boxes for thr Champ.

R4GZxu7.jpg

Stuabaker GT.

HXi3LvX.jpg

Another nice 63 1/2 ford.

wr8qaIU.jpg

Sort of funny with all the souped up Noves on the road in the 80's and 90's not many seen at car shows.

izZ4zsb.jpg

A impala ss.

w0HWPLy.jpg

I like that Maverick, the Bronco and the Stude. I have 2 of those Coleman catalytic heaters you commented on around the VW Bus pic. I like them.
NO buick today is like your mother's Buick.... what are they thinking> They need to get back to what they were, them and Cadillac only want to sell "wannabe" SUVs... bring back the RWD cars..... please.... the GS's and Skylarks were cool. Even though they were basically a Chevelle, I liked all of that series car, from back in the day that weren't badged as a Chevy.

No their isn't any like our Buick being built today.
Remember the saying if they build iot they will buy it. so that is what you see today.

Back