Just had to do it.

I seen that loader in the first pictures you posted and its bend I'm wondering how it got bent without shearing/breaking the mt bolts, anyway the tractor looks a lot better with it off
I'm thinking your new Kubota could use a loader and I can make you a great deal on this one. Just needs a little TLC!!!! ;) The loader design looks pretty weak and its been broken and welded several times. I'm just wondering when I will find why it was parked.

I'm thinking your new Kubota could use a loader and I can make you a great deal on this one. Just needs a little TLC!!!! ;) The loader design looks pretty weak and its been broken and welded several times. I'm just wondering when I will find why it was parked.
Don't set it aside for me cjet salvage what you can and call the scraper the Kubota is just fine as it is :cool:

I'm just wondering when I will find why it was parked.
Maybe because the operator was thown 50 feet to his demise when that bucket his something hard enough to bend that? Or maybe he lived through it but decided it was too much work to bend things back so it didn't rub the tires---LOL!

Hope those tractors get running for you easily, Cjet!

DAC

Pressure washed the Farmall 230 today. Almost looks like a tractor now. I forgot my camera so no pics. I'll snap a few tomorrow. Pulled the rocker cover and oil pan. All of the valves are working and everything looks good from underneath. The camshaft and timing gears are all shiny with no rust anywhere. Very little sludge in the oil pan which was a surprise. Brought the pan and carb home, the tractor is up on the farm. Had to free up the choke on the carb and I got most of the smashed oil pan pushed back out. Just need to finish smoothing up a few spots and then it will get reinstalled. The oil pump and pickup appear to be unharmed. Going to take my inspection camera with me tomorrow and look in the cylinders. The bottoms look good, so I don't expect to see anything bad on the top part of the bores. If all goes well, I may be going for startup in the next day or two. Any way I will get some updated pics tomorrow.

I'm going to try to get a look at the bull gears in the rear end with my inspection camera. Don't know if I will be able to see much through the filler hole but I will give it a try. Also want to check the front wheel bearings to see if they are in good shape.

Finished taking the loader off. Looks much better. Ran the borescope in the cylinders and all look good except for #3. Probably sat with water in it at one time. I will still try to get it running first but may have to pull the head and piston to look for damage or stuck rings. The carb will need a good cleaning and probably a carb kit installed. The trans looked OK but I couldn't see back to the bull gears. Lifted each rear wheel and spun it and no bad noises. Need to lift both at the same time to check the ring gear.

Attachments

• 100_5337-m.jpg
    100_5337-m.jpg
    222.3 KB · Views: 11
  • 100_5338-m.jpg
    100_5338-m.jpg
    173.5 KB · Views: 9
  • GOPR3978-m.jpg
    GOPR3978-m.jpg
    389.9 KB · Views: 9
  • GOPR3979-m.jpg
    GOPR3979-m.jpg
    380 KB · Views: 8
  • GOPR3981-m.jpg
    GOPR3981-m.jpg
    307.9 KB · Views: 9
  • GOPR3982-m.jpg
    GOPR3982-m.jpg
    302 KB · Views: 10
  • GOPR3987-m.jpg
    GOPR3987-m.jpg
    322.3 KB · Views: 10
  • GOPR3988-m.jpg
    GOPR3988-m.jpg
    318.4 KB · Views: 10
  • GOPR3990-m.jpg
    GOPR3990-m.jpg
    287.1 KB · Views: 8
  • GOPR3991-m.jpg
    GOPR3991-m.jpg
    303.7 KB · Views: 11
Took a second jack up this evening and lifted both rear tires off of the ground and rolled it through several times. No clunking or noises from broken gears so I think I am good back there. The fronts made a little noise and one wheel would get a hitch in it and kind of lock up. I would rock it back and forth and then the rolled good again. Better get a new set of bearings for the front.

Nice looking little bugger there Cjet....
Cleaned up good...
Get her running and put a little paint on her and it'll look like a million bucks.
Hope to paint it after I get all the bugs worked out. At this point I figure I will need to hone and re-ring it along with a valve grind. That could easily turn into a full engine rebuild. The other big expense will be rear tires. I have a set of used ones an a Farmall C but I may go with new if I can do the engine on the cheap. Just looking at options right now as I won't know what I have until I can run and drive it.

Found a bonus in the toolbox while cleaning it out yesterday evening. The tools need cleaning up but should be nice to keep with the tractor. Good thing the pressure washer cleaned out the bees before I reached in there. :eek:

Attachments

• 100_5342-m.jpg
    100_5342-m.jpg
    233.1 KB · Views: 9
I pre-lubed the engine to get oil through the system, bolted the oil pan back on, and installed the carb. The starter wouldn't turn over so I pulled it off and checked the brushes for contact. Had to hold each brush down while turning the starter and finally got good contact so the starter began working. Checked the points and found no continuity. Ran a file through them and they were good to go. Filled the carb bowl with fuel and gave it a try. I was amazed how quickly it started. Now I need to clean the fuel tank and put some rear tires on it so I can give it a test drive.

Back