Massey Harris Pony Renovation.

Farther than I would have taken it. Lots of work really.

When I did my Pony I only had a 35mm SLR camera and my daughter was around 12. today she in in her 40's and has 2 daughters and a son.

Man didn't relize it was so long ago.

:D Al

Farther than I would have taken it. Lots of work really.

When I did my Pony I only had a 35mm SLR camera and my daughter was around 12. today she in in her 40's and has 2 daughters and a son.

Man didn't relize it was so long ago.

At my age Al it’s the one and only time I will be doing the job to this level so I thought I would go the whole hog and get all the crap off. I don’t think this old girl has had a re coat before so the paintwork had to come off. Who would have thought 30;years ago we would be taking photos with a mobile or I Pad . How times change. It was interesting yesterday when I was laying under the transmission cleaning more crap off I noticed the oil level plug with an arrow pointing towards it. The words ‘Oil Level’ were in French and English which tells me the casing was manufactured in Canada and not France. I don’t see the French going to the trouble of putting any other language on materials and products especially back in the fifties...

I still take my pictures with a camera have two cannons a 812S with zoom lens and a cannon T6 rebal with 2 lenes.

As they say in those baking programmes in the UK Al here’s one I did earlier. Just spent the weekend putting an base undercoat on one wheel and finish sanding down the other. Now both rear wheels have the first undercoat. Phew. !!

Attachments

• E85F241D-7645-4ED6-A6F8-6C4282B91586.jpeg
    E85F241D-7645-4ED6-A6F8-6C4282B91586.jpeg
    201 KB · Views: 11
  • 444577DC-4817-4279-AE39-ACF79F382E1D.jpeg
    444577DC-4817-4279-AE39-ACF79F382E1D.jpeg
    177.7 KB · Views: 11
Just a quick progress report on the Pony renovation. Both rear wheels are primed awaiting the base coat. Today after a slight lull I have finished the prep on one front wheel which is also primed . I have also removed the Hydraulic lift valve/ram which requires a overhaul as there appears to be a leak on the unit. Now finding an overhaul kit here in France is proving to be akin to looking for rocket horse shit. If anybody has any ideas It would be much appreciated..It’s Christmas Eve here in rural France so Merry Christmas everybody. and a Happy and healthy New Year.

Attachments

• A8DEDDC7-595C-4924-9B3F-B0ED1B13D5EC.jpeg
    A8DEDDC7-595C-4924-9B3F-B0ED1B13D5EC.jpeg
    194.6 KB · Views: 4
  • BFDD9709-E8DF-4D98-8415-6ED236D6AE6D.jpeg
    BFDD9709-E8DF-4D98-8415-6ED236D6AE6D.jpeg
    197.1 KB · Views: 4
  • E0979839-3B5E-42A1-B197-2B18448D7C6C.jpeg
    E0979839-3B5E-42A1-B197-2B18448D7C6C.jpeg
    184 KB · Views: 4
Looking good there.
The cylinder rebuild kit is goijng to be tough to rebuild even here in the states.

That’s what I was thinking Al. There is Pony over here in a tractor grave yard so I will have to see if the cylinder is still there.

Many of the cylinders use O rings for seals. May want to take it down and see if that is the case then shop for just O rings of the size that fit, rather than a kit.

Hi everyone. I hope a ‘Pony’ expert can help me with a question. On the Canadian Pony’s is there a footplate on the right hand side above the hydraulic valve and ram. My French model has one on the left hand side which is part of the tool box but the right hand side is missing . It doesn’t look natural ...

there should be a angled foot plate on both sides on the American and I bet the Canadain models the tool box is a small tray above th battery.

I can get you a picture in a day or so if you need one.

My French Pony has a tool box which incorporates the footplate on the left hand side. On the right hand side the Hydrauclic cylinder/ ram is fitted just below where I believe a footplate would be although there dosen’t seem to be any fitnents for it.

there should be a angled foot plate on both sides on the American and I bet the Canadain models the tool box is a small tray above th battery.

I can get you a picture in a day or so if you need one.

Thanks Al. That would be very helpful.

Back