New project

I'm getting it ready to paint.

DSC04528.JPG

I was looking at the steering wheel and thinking that it really doesn't look very factory like with the end of the steering shaft and the set screw showing.

DSC04476.JPG

So I went scrounging in my scrap metal and came up with this piece of aluminum ( I have no idea what it was used for ).

DSC04529.JPG

Chucked it up in the lathe and started whittling away at it.

DSC04530.JPG

Here is the finished cap for the steering wheel.

DSC04531.JPG

What a day ..........
The cart is all masked up and ready to paint.

DSC04533.JPG

Before I get started on that, I need to go down to Walmart to get some more cans of that nice dark Colonial Red spray paint that I'm using on this.

They were all out.

Okay ... no problem ... I'll just go next door to Lowe's and buy it there.

Wrong ... they didn't have any either.

At this point I know that I should have gone back home and got on the internet to see who had some.
The next closest Walmart is about 20 miles north and going back home first would add 6 miles to the trip.

Bummer ... they don't have any either.

Well .. I'm already out and there is another Walmart about 25 miles west of where I am right now.

So ... put - put - put .. down the road I go.

You guessed it ... their shelf is empty.

Fine, there is a Home Depot right across the street and they always have what I need.

Not this time .....................

I'm now about 60 miles from home and it is time to come up with a different plan, so I go back to my local Lowe's and Walmart.
Both of them have several cans of Apple Red and I happen to know that I already have a almost full can of that color at home because it is what I used to paint the Centaur Tractor.

The cart is now going to be two-tone red.
The main body of the cart and the fenders is going to be the bright Apple Red.

DSC04535.JPG

DSC04536.JPG

The wheels, grille, hood, gas tank and head lights are going to be the darker Colonial Red.

DSC04537.JPG

Back