New Truck Styles

I got this one this pass April. Ain't much of a pick-up in some eyes but works for me. Got rid of the Ford Ranger I had. The Frontier is a 2021 so hopefully it last me a while..Relatively easy to get in and out of and you can actually reach over the bed to put something in..something you can't do with most new trucks..
View attachment 43047

View attachment 43048

Bill. Do they make that truck in a two door model, or an extra cab type. ?

Noel

Not that I would buy one but when do those Ford Maverick trucks come out? I could see those things selling pretty good unless they are priced to high
Kind of think they're out now..Starting price at just under 20k.
1633345395904.png
I played with one of those " build your own " things on their web site and checked on all the cool options and came in just under 30k.

Last edited:
I just saw the 2022 Nissan frontier. That is a pretty nice looking truck. 310hp/281tq isn't bad. 6700 tow rating.

That would be way more truck than I would ever use!

Ford is trying to compete with the Honda Ridgeline "truck" market. The maverick doesn't look bad but I wish they would have separated the cab from the bed. Makes it look like a car pretending to be a truck for Halloween.

My neighbor owns a used car business. He specializes in finding you just what you want. When my 14 year old Dodge full size pick up started to rust apart, I told him to look for a Ford with the aluminum body. I wanted leather, center console transmission and a moon roof. He came up with a F150 Lariat model with 20,000 miles on it with the three things I asked for and lots more. I even had a choice of three colors. It has the 3.5 liter eco-boost turbo engine. I can pass going uphill. I went from 14 mpg max to 23 mpg.
I use that cream puff as a truck. I've hauled my trailer to pick up tractors, move equipment, take the mower in for service. I put whatever in the bed and take it where it needs to go. There is a step assist that comes out of the tail gate to help you get up into the bed. It tows the boat with ease.
When it's not being used as a truck, it's the same a driving a Cadillac. I enjoy all the bells and whistles and find most of them useful. I've had it rustproofed for the northeast harsh environment, including a treatment for aluminum anodizing. As my neighbor says, the northeast is hard on vehicles. I plan on keeping this one for a long time. I paid more for it than most would think of, but I paid a lot less going through my neighbor and I got what I wanted. I recently moved from suburbia to the country. While in suburbia, I was leaving for work one morning and passed the painter as he pulled up to the house. He too had an F150 Lariat model. I asked him if he was afraid to use it for work. He said that it's what he wanted and it was a truck. Why not have a nice work truck. I agreed, why not. It doesn't take that much effort to keep it nice.
35332272832_3086b0d548_c_d.jpg

35368669411_b156ff45a9_c_d.jpg

Last edited:
My neighbor owns a used car business. He specializes in finding you just what you want. When my 14 year old Dodge full size pick up started to rust apart, I told him to look for a Ford with the aluminum body. I wanted leather, center console transmission and a moon roof. He came up with a F150 Lariat model with 20,000 miles on it with the three things I asked for and lots more. I even had a choice of three colors. It has the 3.5 liter eco-boost turbo engine. I can pass going uphill. I went from 14 mpg max to 23 mpg.
I use that cream puff as a truck. I've hauled my trailer to pick up tractors, move equipment, take the mower in for service. I put whatever in the bed and take it where it needs to go. There is a step assist that comes out of the tail gate to help you get up into the bed. It tows the boat with ease.
When it's not being used as a truck, it's the same a driving a Cadillac. I enjoy all the bells and whistles and find most of them useful. I've had it rustproofed for the northeast harsh environment, including a treatment for aluminum anodizing. As my neighbor says, the northeast is hard on vehicles. I plan on keeping this one for a long time. I paid more for it than most would think of, but I paid a lot less going through my neighbor and I got what I wanted. I recently moved from suburbia to the country. While in suburbia, I was leaving for work one morning and passed the painter as he pulled up to the house. He too had an F150 Lariat model. I asked him if he was afraid to use it for work. He said that it's what he wanted and it was a truck. Why not have a nice work truck. I agreed, why not. It doesn't take that much effort to keep it nice.
35332272832_3086b0d548_c_d.jpg

35368669411_b156ff45a9_c_d.jpg
That's what I am looking for next. We had an awesome guy here with a used dealership. Tell him what want and price he would track it down. He stood by all his sales too. I bought 2 trucks from him, my family maybe 4 or 5 other cars. He sold the business a few years ago and went south.

I like the new Dodges (Ram) but the prices on all the new trucks seem to have gone out of control. I have a 2015 3500 Laramie diesel and it was not cheap by any means but the same truck now 6 years later is pushing $100,000, and can pass that with more options than mine has.
I’ve never thought that Chev made much of a truck. We had one years ago it was ok for a beater, friends of mine have had them they’ve all switched to Ram.
Ford doesn’t make a bad truck, I had a 2011 and later a 2015 for work trucks, there was a lot I liked about them but a couple points I remember was the engine wasn’t as powerful feeling as the Cummins despite a significant advantage on paper, it also seemed to have more minor problems, I had to have a few injectors replaced on the Ford before it was a year old. The frame on the Ford might as well have been made from spaghetti, if you parked it with one wheel in a pot hole it would put such a twist into the whole truck it would jam the tailgate on the box closed. Other than that they seemed decent enough, lighter steering feel than the Ram, I liked the location of the exhaust brake button, and I liked having the rear diff lock.

Anyway, I think I’m out of the truck market for awhile, hopefully this 2015 Ram lasts me a long long time lol

Anyway, I think I’m out of the truck market for awhile, hopefully this 2015 Ram lasts me a long long time lol

The 6.7 Cummins is easily a 500k mile engine. I have over 250,000 on my 2008. I’m planning on holding on to it for many more years. I’d like a new truck, but new trucks come with fat payment books and I’m not doing that.

Me either on the payment books. I have looked around but they don't make many that are how I'd want one. Which if I did spend the money I certainly would want to spend it on a configuration that suits me.
Our newest is 2001. Newest we have ever owned, and is our 2nd 2001 over the years. That Durango was $38k sticker then, to get something comparable size of any brand would be $60k plus
And what was top of the line then is middle of the road at best now a days. So much crap on the newer ones I don't want or need. I could sell it today for at least what I paid for it, in 2013.
My wife will tell you she don't like the way the newer versions look.
Our other 2001 was a square body Cherokee. One I'd like to have back.
I expect the odometer to hit 300k sometime in the next 6 months on the Durango. Still minimal rust, wife drives it and likes it,so it stays til it rots back into the ground. Got the 360 (5.9) magnum in it.
Truck wise I looked at a 1 year old pickup with 5k miles back in 2019. I thought it was high then.
That same truck now 3 years old has roughly 60k miles and would cost me more than it would have then. Screw that.

My son has been looking, needs the opposite of what I want. More door, 3/4 ton, and wants 4wd.
Car seat is a bit of a struggle in the club cab he has now. He has a 9 month old and a big camper to pull. He has a gas V10 now, looking for a diesel this time. Just can't believe how fast they rot out for the price. Definitely before the last payment can be made.

Back