New Truck Styles

They all keep making them ridiculously high off the ground for no real reason other to make them appear bigger and stronger, which in most cases is way further from truth. Most trucks are sold to people who never use them as trucks anyway as they just want to make some sort of statement.

When they raised the box sides to where you couldn't get anything out of them I quit looking at PU's. Can't see the sense of paying all that money for something that isn't useful. My 97 F-150 works just fine for the few times a PU is needed. All it needs now is shift forks and brake lines :(

I don't hate them but I wouldn't buy a big 3 1/2 ton of any model. That would definitely be a toyota tundra. If I was going 3/4 ton I'd go Chevy or Ford, but most likely Ford.
I love my 08 F250 diesel! I've had it over 3 years and only put a $40 sensor on it. Put new slotted front rotors and ceramic pads on it, but turned out the pulling was from a seized mount pin. Went ahead with the slotted for better brakes in foul weather. It doesn't sit as high as today's F150 and it's a super duty!

I love my 08 F250 diesel! I've had it over 3 years and only put a $40 sensor on it. Put new slotted front rotors and ceramic pads on it, but turned out the pulling was from a seized mount pin. Went ahead with the slotted for better brakes in foul weather. It doesn't sit as high as today's F150 and it's a super duty!

They make a fantastic 3/4 ton diesel. It would probably be my go to. But I don't need a 3/4 ton. A small ranger, colorado, tacoma, or frontier would suit all my needs.

I see so many people who own these big diesel trucks and never haul or tow a single thing.

We need a thumbs down icon.
And with people's replies above this one is just more reason to stay with an older one

We've all argued this before. We can all pick what is better for our own life.

I see so many people who own these big diesel trucks and never haul or tow a single thing.
Likely over 90% don't really need one, including me really. But I hope to one day hit the tractor shows again, and I'd really need the power to pull my 24' trailer loaded full with garden tractors. But my local driving mpg has went from -10mpg to 16mpg, and my towing power has what seems like has doubled! And this truck is so much more comfortable to drive. This battered body sure likes it better than the 97 F250 with 351 engine.

Likely over 90% don't really need one, including me really. But I hope to one day hit the tractor shows again, and I'd really need the power to pull my 24' trailer loaded full with garden tractors. But my local driving mpg has went from -10mpg to 16mpg, and my towing power has what seems like has doubled! And this truck is so much more comfortable to drive. This battered body sure likes it better than the 97 F250 with 351 engine.

If you need it, you have it! You actually have stuff you can/do/need to tow. I see these trucks sitting all polished up with 20,000 worth of modifications sitting at apartment complexes. You know darn well they don't even use their truck to haul anything but maybe some groceries. I like owning a big truck. They are comfortable and feel safe, but I just realized I don't need one. I sold my trailer after I sold my last full sized truck and honestly haven't missed owning it. My old Ford Ranger takes care of all my hauling needs.

I don't see a pickup in our near future.
We sold our 3 year old pickup with 18,000 miles on it this spring, The local dealer had called us and made us an offer we couldn't refuse (more than we paid for it !!)
So far we get along fine with with a mid size suv and a 5 x 8 trailer (easier to load and doesn't cost anything when it sits), on the rare occasion that we might need a truck we will either borrow one or rent one, The last washer / dryer purchased we had delivered. Renting a truck is simpler and compared to the cost of owning a truck that sits in the driveway it somehow makes more sense to us.

The main reason we decided to sell the pickup is that we really didn't like it, Sat so high it was hard to get in and out of, we carried a small step ladder so we could get stuff out of the box (ridiculous) , constant shifting when on rolling hills ,constant badgering for last chance to extend the warranty, time for dealer service etc. full of bells and whistles that we didn't use or want.
Other than that we got along fine with the truck........

I got this one this pass April. Ain't much of a pick-up in some eyes but works for me. Got rid of the Ford Ranger I had. The Frontier is a 2021 so hopefully it last me a while..Relatively easy to get in and out of and you can actually reach over the bed to put something in..something you can't do with most new trucks..
IMG_20210615_174249.jpg

IMG_20210615_173843.jpg

I have a few trucks in my name. 40 Ford(currently disassembled), 52 Chevrolet five window, 88 Silverado, 94 Sonoma, 99 Silverado, 02 Ram 1/2 ton, 08 Ram 2500. As you can see I’m truck poor. A couple of them are officially my son’s trucks, but they are in my name while they are in college.

I love my 2500. Long bed. 4 door. 4wd. 6.7 Cummins. I bought it as my three boys got bigger and I needed the room for us to go fishing, hunting, camping or whatever else we wanted to get into. Pulls anything that I can get on it or hook to it. But the bedsides are high. I’ve just learned not to load anything heavy or awkward from the side.

Until I got my company car two years ago,I haven’t had a true car in nearly 30 years. I don’t see me ever not having a pickup truck.

I got this one this pass April. Ain't much of a pick-up in some eyes but works for me. Got rid of the Ford Ranger I had. The Frontier is a 2021 so hopefully it last me a while..Relatively easy to get in and out of and you can actually reach over the bed to put something in..something you can't do with most new trucks..
View attachment 43047

View attachment 43048
Great minds think alike. Same exact truck, Bought mine new in 14.

I'm reminded of a 67' Chevy 1/2T I bought a year old and low miles. The previous owner would throw barb wire fencing over/ at it from the side. Really tore up the paint. I don't put anything over the side.

It's ridiculous how many "white lights" new trucks have in front creating so much glare for oncoming traffic. Typically fords have 6 lights on now compared to the traditional 2 white lights.
I'm replacing the front fenders on my 30 year old daily. I'll likely repair the factory originals but hang aftermarket fenders on for now

Attachments

• IMG_9186.JPG
    IMG_9186.JPG
    208.1 KB · Views: 10
Yup. I'm looking but not very hard, I do need to get back to a full size, Ive been looking but even if I stoop to project truck level prices are crazy.
My wife has been eyeballing campers bigger than e current popup, will need a bigger truck for that.
I don't have to be in a hurry, I know what I'd like to find, and all I am finding like it are 1/2 a country away. I'd like a rust free D-250 club cab. No 4 door truck needs to apply.

Back