Onan P220

You guys are scaring me. I got this 85 jd318 that has the engine sitting on the floor. I have a rolling chassis as of now with only a few more parts to clean & paint. The po said it ran well when he dismantled the tractor. I was thinking about bench testing it to see how well it runs before installing it. Already learned some good points on here. Kenny that would definitely be a gem once completed. Will be watching closely just in case.

You guys are scaring me. I got this 85 jd318 that has the engine sitting on the floor. I have a rolling chassis as of now with only a few more parts to clean & paint. The po said it ran well when he dismantled the tractor. I was thinking about bench testing it to see how well it runs before installing it. Already learned some good points on here. Kenny that would definitely be a gem once completed. Will be watching closely just in case.
IF they have been taken decent care of, these are great engines. I have a B48G in an FF20 that I believe is the original engine. Still going strong!

Got a total on the parts I need, not going to be as bad as I thought. I'll have around $300 in this when I get it running! Now to gather together the money for the parts!

Ive passed over a lot of nice tractors because of they had an Onan in them. Always kind of scared of parts availability.

I seen a John Deere on craigslist the other day. Had an Onan in it, hour meter showed 3,000 hours! I don't know if the engine had ever been rebuilt but that was a lot of hours. Tractor looked fantastic.

Ive passed over a lot of nice tractors because of they had an Onan in them. Always kind of scared of parts availability.

I seen a John Deere on craigslist the other day. Had an Onan in it, hour meter showed 3,000 hours! I don't know if the engine had ever been rebuilt but that was a lot of hours. Tractor looked fantastic.
My cost is inflated due to having to buy all the bolts to put it back together. The amount I posted above includes original purchase price , oil and filters to get it running. Glad I have the e-mail for the guy in MN to get parts from. He is a real guru on these engines. And has a lot of parts so far!

Good to hear Kenny! Glad things came together for you, now for that engine to come together!

Back