Picked up these two Sears today....

I thought about your using ATV tires. Did a search for some used ones. Nothing within 100 miles in 12". all 14 or 17". Back to fluid in the tires.

Ive never had any trouble finding atv tires around here...usually around $40-$60 for a pair. Folks often swap out the tires on brand new quads and sell the originals... Princess Auto often has new ones on sale less $100 each... I havent tried any of those but they look like they would work well.

Just keep looking, some will turn up... I promise you will be amazed. Lolol

The tires I find around here are 4" to tall and/or wrong rim size. New take offs are $75 - $100 per tire. Is that "sunF" a typo?
No typo Roger I’ve researched them they are outstanding tires with good reviews. I found some package deals on Amazon or go to their website. I wanted to upgrade my ATV to taller tires but going to wait until next year. Aaron mentioned them awhile back and got me interested in them. Here is their link Roger and Lance just search your tire design, size, and how many. Then check Amazon if you have Prime for free shipping for a deal there.

They really are great tires for the price! I've had the a021 street tread and a051 power 2.

Awesome tires. On my bike I can just see the faintest of wear on the log in the direction of travel on the rear. Front still looks new! That's running pavement, gravel, dirt, mud and some sand at the old dump. Never hurt for traction.

I was just looking at the sunf web site. They have tires that will fit my MF 7. Front and back. Both would have same thread. 18x9.50x8 on the back, 145/70-6 on the front. But I don’t know what 145/70-6 equals, 15x6.50x 6 ? Maybe ? Tire number is A004.

Noel

Attachments

• FEA4C540-1A4C-4E58-B7CF-272D07C54CE4.png
    FEA4C540-1A4C-4E58-B7CF-272D07C54CE4.png
    550.8 KB · Views: 2
  • 54E0CE69-AE90-426D-BB30-85475FF2B4AF.png
    54E0CE69-AE90-426D-BB30-85475FF2B4AF.png
    543.2 KB · Views: 2
Most of the atv tires Ive picked up have been 25x10x12 and although that is 2" taller than the stock turfs on most older GTs... the 25s will usually fit. Only exception Ive had was that I did need 1" wheel spacers to put 25x8x12 on that silver mtd960 I sold a couple years ago... and these two Sears tractors dont look like they have much room so I may need wheel spacers if I want to put 25s on either of them... spacers are easy enough to make using several layers of 1/4" plate.

WS1.JPG

I have to be either 23 or 24 X 10.5 X 12. No more clearance for the mower deck if I go over 24" . Could go 10 or 11 but has to be 12": rim size. Found a couple real aggressive tires but don't want them.

Last edited:
I have cut the grass around the house with my 1951 Ferguson tractor with a 6’ foot rear discharge finishing mower. Tractor has 11.2 - 28 ag tires on the rear and 4:00-19 three rib front tires. No marks in the lawn.

Noel

If I wanted aggressive tires I would swap the AG's over from the 1512. Heard a lot say to get a ZTR and never need a trim mower again. BS ! Had three zero turns all three left a ring around the trees and bushes so got rid of them. Will fill the Turf tires with fluid first. If that isn't enough I have 35 lb weights to put on. If that don't work will open the gate and let the goats out. That ought to get me in deep trouble for a long time.

Well theres no snow on the ground this morn so I still wont be able to properly test the the gt18 with the blower.... but Im good with that.Lol

I have never understood why the GT crowd loves those AG tires so much... growing up in/around pops Cockshutt farm equipment dealership I never heard anyone who didnt hate those Fn tires. The only place they work well is in the field and even there if the soil is too soft you need duals to reduce soil compaction.... and no we did NOT put duals on our tractors for more traction... in most situations duals actually offer less traction because there is less weight per sq inch on the ground.... but the logic seems to be lost with the gt crowd... here it seems most everyone believes that AG are the ultimate GT tire. I think that how well a tire works Should be more important than how cool it looks.... well that and Im a cheap sob.

All terrian, all season, all loads...
069.JPG

I think your the lone duck on the pond on this one Lance. If Ag tires are/were so bad why did every tractor builder for the last 80+ years put Ag's on their tractors and keep right on selling them including Cockshutt? Sure there were tractords built with turf tires by special oder or Sub Compacts for primary lawn duty. If everyone hated them so much the builders would have gone to something else I am sure.

Back