Sears ST/16 with a Predator (now Kohler)engine

I don't think it's ugly, plus always better if you don't have to start chopping tin work. That hood would be hard to chop anyway as there's not much metal there with the louvers.
You are right, Daniel. If I put some hi-temp black on the muffler, then things may blend together better.

Thought I would document the rear end tag here.
DSCN5401.JPG

Got the hood hinge welded together.
DSCN5402.JPG DSCN5403.JPG DSCN5405.JPG
DSCN5404.JPG

Got a support welded to the muffler.
DSCN5406.JPG

It's in the paint booth so to speak!

Found some good libation. Helps the aches & pains disappear if taken sparingly!
DSCN5407.JPG DSCN5408.JPG DSCN5409.JPG

Looks good to me Kenny! I had to build a similar setup on the MF8E and the black bar-b-q paint has held up great. Wish I had used exhaust tubing like you did but the plumbing pipe was already laying around here. I did not want to cut the hood on it either!

I thought about going into town for some Crown "libations" earlier today but just didn't make time! Hopefully a couple beers will work on the pains!

DAC

10hp Tec1.JPG

Did nearly the same on the mf7 repower with the predator. I took the stock muffler. Cut off the flange and welded a 3/4" pipe coupler and used a street 45, short nipple and hot dog muffler.

Works great and I didnt have to cut the hood. Way too nice to cut on the hood...

Here's some of today's progress while waiting for the brake band material to arrive. Put the exhaust on:
DSCN5410.JPG

Got the battery tray installed:

DSCN5411.JPG

Put the grille & hood back on. Got a 'safety chain' installed:
DSCN5412.JPG

Battery hold down is gonna work:
DSCN5413.JPG

I hooked up the headlights and they are both bad. Have to find new ones. Oh well at least the tail lamp still works!

If anyone has a replacement bulb # for these, please advise!

Those will work! Now to raid the piggy bank to buy them!

I got the brake band 'glued' on to the strap.
DSCN5414.JPG

Once it was installed to the rear end, it was time to put things back as before.
DSCN5415.JPG

Used the JD 316 fork lift to get the part back into the tractor.
DSCN5416.JPG DSCN5417.JPG

All bolts are tight. Tomorrow I will finish this installation.

Last edited:
Your dash looks like its in very good shape Kenny. That's something else on these tractors that don't hold up against abuse..

Jack Pot, With the help of daylight I was able to go through the storage shed where I have boxes of parts and store the Roper and found the head lights. I hooked them up in series just to verify they work. message me with your address again and I'll send these to you.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    177.9 KB · Views: 8
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    165.7 KB · Views: 8
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 8
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 8
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    191.8 KB · Views: 9
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    159.3 KB · Views: 9
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 9
Cool! Those will work!

It's all back together! Needs some 'fine tuning' but runs good.
DSCN5418.JPG

I did change the oil out. Put a little MMO in the oil and gas to clean things a bit. I also made up a 'belt stopper' similar to what it had before.
DSCN5419.JPG

I'll need to adjust the brakes and a few other things as it 'wears in'. But it is fast! Need to lower tire pressure some for a better ride!

Back