Tractor comes home for a refresh.

Propane1

Tractorologist
Coming along. Great leaps and bounds today. I can see sorta what it’s gunna look like. But still some work yet. Fixed up the Case emblem for the grill. Not sure how it suppose to look, but that’s what I did. I won’t say what tractor colour gray I used on it. Hehe

Noel

Attachments

MNGB

Tractorologist
Hi Noel the Case is really good good filling in that hole in the bonnet turned out good and really makes the tractor look better, I have one of those mini brakes have had it for almost 50 year used it a lot made many a sheet metal parts repairs to helicopters then when I finally bought a big one form HF I use it from time to time, waiting to see how the Case looks once you get the rest painted

Propane1

Tractorologist
Was getting along great today, then. Yes then. Using the spot putty on all places on the bonnet. Right in the centre on the top of the bonnet about 6” circle, the old paint start lifting, wrinkle I call it. Jumpins, why me. Of course it didn’t do that any where else. Tried to sand it out, clean it with mineral sprits, sanded, sprayed primer filler, sanded. Then the zesty orange. All the time useing a hair dryer to help heat metal. Over two hours wasted. I could of had the whole bonnet done today and ready to paint. Jumpins. Now I’m worried that when I spray the finish coat some day. It’s going to lift/wrinkle. :mad::(o_O:rolleyes:

Hard to see in picture.

Noel

Attachments

Last edited:

MFDAC

Tractorologist
Dang it, Noel! The paint is going to drive you to the funny farm before the potato bugs! For some reason the new paint can't adhere or it softens the old paint in that area. Maybe there is a sealer available in spray cans? It is supposed to help stop this kind of thing. It's kind of like primer, and can be sanded like primer. I have only used stuff you mix up in a spray gun, and not very often.

DAC

Propane1

Tractorologist
Sanded the zesty orange out. It seemed better. Then applied the sealer. Well it lifted/wrinkled too. But it’s good thick stuff. So it will sand out good, I think. I don’t know why I’m having this trouble. It seems like it related to the spot putty. The sealer I put on lifted/wrinkled in different locations than where it was lifted yesterday. I shouldn’t be doing this. Im gunna end up in a straight jacket. And be going to the Funny Farm, as Doug would say, very soon.

Noel

Attachments