Well , the 446 Case is broke again.

Hehe, hard to believe, but I've got almost $1000.00 in to it all ready, that including the price of the tractor. I'd never get a $1000.00 for it if I sold it.

Noel
Sooner or later the bugs will be worked out, Noel! Hope it doesn't cost much more though! That's what I'm afraid of with that MF1450.

DAC

Hehe. It started again today. So on to other things. Would like to get an extra set of wheels to put the ag tires on. Kinda like to keep the original turf tires useable if I wanted to use them.

Noel
Sounds like a good idea on the wheels, Noel. You must have snuck up on it just right again!

DAC

Snuck up on it again today. Jumpins, !!!!! It started, hehe. Any way, now I need a battery. It won’t keep a charge and I’ve been using a booster pack thing to start it. Had charger on it today, but I know it won’t last. If it was started every day, if battery is up, it may start. But that ain’t gunna happen. So I’ll start lookin for a 340 cold cranking amp battery or better. Another $100.00 bucks. Talking with a fella today who knows his buddy is restoring a 1970 Chevelle. Top to bottom, front to back. Numbers matching car. 454 cu in. Up to 450 hp. Can you imagine what that’s gunna cost. Jumpins.

Noel

Snuck up on it again today. Jumpins, !!!!! It started, hehe. Any way, now I need a battery. It won’t keep a charge and I’ve been using a booster pack thing to start it. Had charger on it today, but I know it won’t last. If it was started every day, if battery is up, it may start. But that ain’t gunna happen. So I’ll start lookin for a 340 cold cranking amp battery or better. Another $100.00 bucks. Talking with a fella today who knows his buddy is restoring a 1970 Chevelle. Top to bottom, front to back. Numbers matching car. 454 cu in. Up to 450 hp. Can you imagine what that’s gunna cost. Jumpins.

Noel
My one of favorite cars...I always said I'll have one before I die lol.

Those were brutal cars back in the day! I think the 450 HP was the fastest factory produced car in the quarter mile back then. My brother in law has a restomod '70 SS Chevelle with a 502 4 speed rag top. Very nasty, beautiful car! Well over $125,000 invested into it. He's got 10 or 11 other hot rods too.

Glad your sneaking up technique is working with that Case, Noel!

DAC

So snuck up on the Case 446 yesterday, and it started after 2 seconds of winding over with no choke or throttle on. So that pretty good. Charge the battery, again, last Saturday and it had no trouble winding for the 2 seconds to get it started. So maybe it might be ok for summer use. Maybe. Any way, lookin for rear wheels now so I can install the rear ag tires, which ever size I use.

I know a fella here with a case 222 that he may sell. Has a bad pump. So I’m lookin for a engine bonnet for mine and maybe I could use the 222 bonnet on mine. His tractor has a tiller and mower deck. So might be able to fit those on my 446 ????

Noel

Hi Noel sounds like you have the start run problem figured out and cured don't know anything about the 222 machines, if the hoods are the same etc but I think the attachments are the same but maybe a little smaller like a 42" deck vs 48" . Maybe replacing the hyd pump would be an option?

Last edited:
My son had it out this afternoon and off comes the belt for the snowthrower again.! Three separate times now. Thought we had it fixed, the first repair, then the second repair, but I guess not. Any way. That’s the way it is. Son says, sell all the garden tractors and buy a compact tractor with heated cab. Hehe.

He had the 1951 Ferguson and pull behind V snowblower out today too. Worked great he said.

Noel.
Glue a penny on its good and it will never be broke again.

Back