What are you currently working on??

When you go to Mo. you will probably go down I35, which runs about 50 miles West and SW of me. Would be straight East when you go by the US 34 or Glenwood exit. Have a safe trip, don't bring to much of the Mo. dust back with you. It grows rocks big time.

Yesterday was productive. I got some work done on the hood and put on a coat of primer. Hung it in the bathroom with the heater blowing on it. Later it got put on for a test fit. It needs some more work done to it before it gets finish paint. Too cold and wet today to mess with it. Also the great granddaughter is back today.
The sleeve hitch got installed with a new cable. After I put some attachments on it I’ll adjust the cable length.
Still no go on the towing valve. It is stuck in place.

Attachments

• IMG_1114.jpeg
    IMG_1114.jpeg
    102.3 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_1111.jpeg
    IMG_1111.jpeg
    246.3 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_1113.jpeg
    IMG_1113.jpeg
    247.7 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_1110.jpeg
    IMG_1110.jpeg
    257.3 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_1109.jpeg
    IMG_1109.jpeg
    216.1 KB · Views: 5
For some reason it takes me twice as long to get things ready for spring than it used to. Just a few years ago I could usually get a LT and mower and a yard donkey or push mower ready in a day easy. Took me a day and half to get the donkey ready this year. Wind came up out of the NW mid morning and is blowing about 15-20 again now. Can't have the overhead door open or it will blow full of leaves not to mention the dust. My Cub needs blades sharpened & greased and it is ready. Will have to get Carolyns ready next. A place with small yard and lot less work is sounding better every day.

Landscaping job for today. After 5 years the fill next to the basement wall settled enough it was lower than the drive. When we had decent rains was getting some minor leaching through the block ion the basement. Carolyn got her flowers dug out and replanted in popcorn tins yesterday.
Today I put dirt in and tapered it from the house to the drive, laid down 3' wide heavy plastic and covered it with mulch. Row of rock along the bottom edge to stop any rush of water but still allows it to run of. Got to get some rain first. Carolyn got her flowers back out in the tins. Looks a lot better than it did. On the west end of the house. Should have waited till in the morning to get the photos to not have the tree shadows. The big mailbox came from the farm we were on when I was a kid about 70 years ago.

IMAG0012.JPG IMAG0013.JPG

Between yesterday and today I got some smaller parts painted.
I hang them in the bathroom and turn the heater up.
I drove the tractor outside sprayed it with degreaser, pressure washed it, and dried it with the leaf blower.
Seems like today everyone else kept needing me to do something. So maybe tomorrow I can paint the tractor.

Attachments

• IMG_1118.jpeg
    IMG_1118.jpeg
    145.5 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_1119.jpeg
    IMG_1119.jpeg
    193.3 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_1120.jpeg
    IMG_1120.jpeg
    244.5 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_1121.jpeg
    IMG_1121.jpeg
    286.3 KB · Views: 7
Between yesterday and today I got some smaller parts painted.
I hang them in the bathroom and turn the heater up.
I drove the tractor outside sprayed it with degreaser, pressure washed it, and dried it with the leaf blower.
Seems like today everyone else kept needing me to do something. So maybe tomorrow I can paint the tractor.
Looking good Rick coming along nicely. You didn’t carried away and painted your clock too did you. Lol I like the bathroom drying area.

Started out at 60* this morning going up to 80*. Drove the wheel horse outside, removed the battery and gas tank and started taping it up. It was a little breezy so I set up a tarp for a windbreak. Then the wind direction changed, and kept changing so I just started painting. By 11:30 it was painted, tape, paper and plastic bags removed. I leaving it sitting in the sun until dusk.
I added a piece of rubber to the battery tray and under the gas tank. I will remove the front axle, spindles, and steering links tomorrow and clean, repair if needed and paint. After that it leaves the hood and wheels to be done.

Attachments

• IMG_1124.jpeg
    IMG_1124.jpeg
    437.4 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_1127.jpeg
    IMG_1127.jpeg
    317.1 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_1128.jpeg
    IMG_1128.jpeg
    383.6 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_1125.jpeg
    IMG_1125.jpeg
    332.6 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_1126.jpeg
    IMG_1126.jpeg
    311.8 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_1130.jpeg
    IMG_1130.jpeg
    337.2 KB · Views: 7
Went and got the camper out of storage, dropped off at home and swapped to the utility trailer, went 30 miles north and mowed moms and monster in laws yard, came home unloaded and took the flymo mower off the hook on the garage wall, and mowed my swampy ditches. The first time I mowed I made all kinds of ruts in the ditches, the last time I couldn't do the bottom swipe on either ditch bank as it was a river. Now on mowing #3 on my yard for this season and they're talking a monsoon come Tuesday so it has to be done. So I figured I'd try the flymo before I made a mess with the weed eater.
Flymo worked better.

Now to run the flat parts of my yard with the bobcat 32" and then maybe take the Harley for the first ride of the season.....

Best of luck and a speedy recovery from eye surgery Doug.

jhn9840
John
Thanks, John!

When you go to Mo. you will probably go down I35, which runs about 50 miles West and SW of me. Would be straight East when you go by the US 34 or Glenwood exit. Have a safe trip, don't bring to much of the Mo. dust back with you. It grows rocks big time.
We took I-29 from Sioux Falls to Kansas City, Roger. Had a crazy deal Thursday going through Council Bluffs, IA. There was a wildfire going on both sides of the interstate. Firefighters were guiding traffic through it! The smoke was kind of hard on me but we got through ok! There were no racers at Lucas Oil Speedway from Corning Iowa entered Friday or Saturday.

I did notice that the terrain in Missouri looked like a thin layer of dirt on top of thick layers of rock! The trees and vegetation take full advantage of what dirt there is---LOL! Very nice country though.

DAC

I don’t know if anybody remembers a tractor I have call kablewie. Well since I got it ten or more years ago, it’s gone thru 4 engines. 3 rods broke, one our fault, and one split pistion at the oil ring groove. So been lookin for an engine. Can’t find one. When we bought the tractor it came with, an LGT 100 ford. Parts tractor. And three kohler motors. Two 321’s apart. And one 241 missing tin work. This engine would only turn part way. So we figured the rod was gone. Fast forward till this year. I have this K241 engine and a K301 for winter project to take apart a really see what’s wrong. So of course, winter project didn’t start on the K241 until two weeks ago. So once looking at it I found that it was could make a full revolution, found a piece of the throttle linkage in the flywheel cover, which had been causing it not to turn over, so looked farther. Still figuring broke rod or split piston. Had no compression. Then thought, stuck open valve. So sure enough that’s what it was. Rod and piston ok. So started looking for bits and pieces to put it back together. After two weeks of working on it, it runs. Next step is to get it into kablewie.
Only 10 hp, suppose to have a 16 hp, but the 10 runs. 50” deck goining on tractor.

Noel

Jumpins. I guess I miss your eye surgery Doug. Fast recovery, good luck. Holy cats I can’t seem to keep up with things.

Noel
I missed Doug's eye surgery too.
Doug we're thinking of you...!
I posted about the upcoming eye surgeries earlier. That don't actually happen until May. Should have done my back or got hearing aids first in hindsight.

Thank-you guys for the thoughts!

DAC

I don’t know if anybody remembers a tractor I have call kablewie. Well since I got it ten or more years ago, it’s gone thru 4 engines. 3 rods broke, one our fault, and one split pistion at the oil ring groove. So been lookin for an engine. Can’t find one. When we bought the tractor it came with, an LGT 100 ford. Parts tractor. And three kohler motors. Two 321’s apart. And one 241 missing tin work. This engine would only turn part way. So we figured the rod was gone. Fast forward till this year. I have this K241 engine and a K301 for winter project to take apart a really see what’s wrong. So of course, winter project didn’t start on the K241 until two weeks ago. So once looking at it I found that it was could make a full revolution, found a piece of the throttle linkage in the flywheel cover, which had been causing it not to turn over, so looked farther. Still figuring broke rod or split piston. Had no compression. Then thought, stuck open valve. So sure enough that’s what it was. Rod and piston ok. So started looking for bits and pieces to put it back together. After two weeks of working on it, it runs. Next step is to get it into kablewie.
Only 10 hp, suppose to have a 16 hp, but the 10 runs. 50” deck goining on tractor.

Noel
Sounds like Kablewie is jinxed to me, Noel---LOL!

DAC

Back