What are you currently working on??

That exhaust issue with your jeep I've seen on several equinox's and traverse....
I've been at the county fair the last 2 days after work, didn't go today, gonna go late tomorrow afternoon. For the beater bonanza demo derby.
Friday night I was part of the pit crew, which isn't my first time doing, but Ive always wanted to run in a demo since the 80s and at 57 I have yet to do so ...... My son has done a few, but he has been relegated to one of the track officials/ flagger the last 3-4 years. He's had a concussion or 3... So no more demo for him.
They had a kiddie demo with "power wheels" and my 3-1/2 yo grandson did it with his "grave digger". 4 kids ran, all were still running when they called it, albeit 2 were starting to get slow.

Today instead of the fair I built most of a picnic table (got the table top and the seat planks bolted together, glued and screwed, will bolt it and the frame to each other tomorrow.
The leg kit calls for all 2-by material, I opted for 5/4 treated deck boards with 2-bys as cross braces/cleats underneath. I built it as a 6 footer, I don't think 1-1/8 vs 1-1/2" actual thickness will mean much for strength. In an application like this. But the difference it makes in weight between them was quite noticable when at the lumber yard as I was pulling boards out of the bins. Which will mean something when I call the wife out to help me move it so I can mow.
Also got my new belts for the Horse Thursday but I was at the bus figure 8; so I took the motor back off again today to put those on and adjusted everything out. It sounds better and moves better than it has since I got it, shifts easier and not so herky jerky any more/ and I got reverse working better than it did/ it should have a reverse disc to really finish it out. It starts easier and sounds better than it ever has with now at least 2 more HP
I say at least because I don't think the old motor had all 6 of its original horses still pumping....

I have at least 1 more job for it but I may wait for fall to do it around leaf harvest time.
I'm gonna burn down (Roundup) my front yard and re till it, and replant it. It came out terrible, expensive Scott's coated seed came up as what looks like crabgrass and soy beans. I'm not sure that's what the bigger weeds are but it sure looks like beans... I have another bag of a different variety of Scott's seed to use up, I'll try again closer to fall/just before winter. This evening we went to a cruise night.
I don't think new jeeps, challengers mustangs and broncos that anyone can go down to the car lot sign and drive away belong with 50s-60s-70s-80s cars and trucks that have in most cases had ALOT of work put into .. and yeah"put an LS motor in everything old" also definitely drives me crazy.

Last edited:
DT I’ve never had much luck with them factory bags of grass seed that are expensive. My best have always been at a feed store where you buy in bulk by the pound. Knocking your yard down now would get rid of most all weeds. This would prepare it good for later seeding.

DT, when you get ready to seed again, don' till it to deep. Couple inches is enough. Only need enough loose dirt to get the seeds to start growing. As I mentioned in another post, best to have mulch on top of the seeds then roll everything down good before watering. Good luck.

Well the first time, I tilled as deep as the tiller was capable of, especially towards the center of the tilled area/ as I had a high mound around a crater where I had had a tree taken out last fall, the whole point in tilling it up and reseeding in the first place was to break up the mound and level it out. I have it pretty good now, still a little bit high in the middle but the crater is gone. I won't have to go as deep as last time because the whole thing is closer to even across now.
Even in my side yard (corner lot) the crabgrass is horrible this year. I've sprayed heavy for it twice this season already, and it's overtaken the yard. I'm ready to burn down the whole thing and start over. I haven't seen it this bad in at least 4-5 years. Fortunately the back yard doesn't have any. I wish I knew someone nearby with an old school threshing machine that could chop me up a few bales to cover the new seed this time. I've done it a flake or 2 at a time with whatever ever mower I've had at the time, just going over it and over it and over it again in a windrow but it seems like a whole lot more work that way vs watching an old thresher do the same job ..

I just put new gutter on and had them install gutter screen I got off amazon. 220 ft for around $125. 5" K style gutters. Going to hire the garage gutter cleaned and the screen put on them also.

Cottonwood trees do put out a ton of leaves, but they make a beautiful shade tree.

Cleaned the post up this morning. 4 were pulled and 6 were broke off. This is what is left to tackle. 32 feet long and 16 feet wide. Plan is to attach double 4X4 post in 3 places across the side closest where the steel shows. This will hopefully prevent the edge of the roof from getting buckled under when we roll the roof back up. Will have chain around the beam on the back in two places about 8 out from center each way as well as another heavy strap at the center. All come together about midway front to back. Hopefully the lift and pull with be close enough to even the whole roof will stay together. If the telehandler is free will use it as it would have a lot more reach and keep the machine away from the roof when it decides to land.
Hope to have a roof I can salvage the steel, 2x6's and 2x4 from. At today's prices probably $800 to $1k in material.
IMAG0001.JPG IMAG0002.JPG

IMAG0003.JPG IMAG0004.JPG

Last edited:
Bought this today, not sure why I did. My son's friend has been looking for one, I may try to get it running for him. I think a couple wires have been changed, need to look up the wiring diagram.

1974 ST16

View attachment 84691
Looks darn close to mine. Looks like a great candidate for a freshen up and use.

I think mine is an ST10. It’s absolutely buried in the back of the big shed…It’s a great runner and cuts nice!

I have two of these Husqvarna self propelled push mowers. I only use them to cut next to the road where a storm drain is and around a couple of Carols yard wonder land areas I call them where a tractor won’t go.

The one on the left wouldn’t start last week I like it better because of the larger rear wheels and the single lever height adjustment. I got the other one out and right after I got done going back to the shed it stopped pulling itself. The drive cable broke where it attaches underneath. I ordered a new cable Thursday and it was here on Saturday. I replaced that and found the other one had a dead spark plug. These are very dependable mowers now both are ready to go.
IMG_1261.jpegIMG_1283.jpegIMG_1284.jpeg

Went over to a neighbor's house and crawled around on his driveway under a very rusty 97 Chevy 4wd replaced every steel brake line front to back, side to side and bled it out..

A few days ago I soaked my front yard in Roundup in prep for a redo of it again.
Today it finally looked like it got doused in Roundup. I asked the guy at work who raises goats and puts up hay and straw, for somebody his "reject" hay/straw that gotten wet, might be moldy on the edges etc
I got the lead shredder from my mom's garage and brought it home just to shred 2-3 bales to spread out over my 2nd attempt at reseeding my front yard. Calling for rain Thursday, but I don't think I'll get to that before then.

We had several packages of meat in the freezer that were still wrapped in the storebought wrapping and zip lock freezer bags. Brought them all in opened them up and put it all in vacuum sealed bags. Put a label inside with the backing on indicating what is in the bag. Took about 2 hours to get it all done. Have enough meat on hand to last the two of us a few months. Told Carolyn to STOP BUYING MEAT unless it is a heck of a good sale price. Found one package that was 2 years old so it will go to the cat and outside dog. Didn't really look all that good. Got freezer burned. Store wraped.

Looked at my manual for the ST16, it looks like the wiring is all correct, but the young man forgot to hook up the ammeter wire back to the hot side of solenoid when he replaced it. This would be why the switch had no juice. I just hooked to to battery and it spun right over. Gave a few shots of happy juice and it fire right up. Now to hook up the clutch he unhooked and find a good gas tank since the metal one is rusty and been repaired a couple times with epoxy. Then maybe fix it up some for my son's buddy who has been wanting one.

Rain yesterday morning so no activity til close to noon. Got the chores done, picked a shopping bag full of Gala apples for the son. Spent an hour on the roof working on areas where there is water drips from the rain. Several areas where the deck roof joins the house and where the mud room joins the house. When the new gutters were installed, they did not match up the same as the old ones as a new steel roof had been put on Think I have them all stopped this time around.

Got a pickup load of horse manure, spread it out and tilled it into the front yard getting ready for the grass seed replant. Didn't get it raked out or the seed down and it rained overnight. Might have to run the tiller thru it again when the rain goes away and it dries out some again. Tell ya what.,.. that ground was DRY.... Tilled much easier than it did 5 weeks ago ... Instead of 11+ hours like the first time I got thru it twice in a little less than 2 hours. I noticed it didn't "hill up" as much as before, it came out more level without raking. Still a little hilly/ rows but more "plateau'ed" (is that a word) than last time
I threw in the towel and sprayed Roundup on the whole area I planted around 7/4 for a redo because it came up ridiculously weedy instead of rye and fescue like I thought I planted.... I gave up watering a couple of weeks ago when it was obvious it wasn't gonna turn out like I planned.

I made the big mistake of putting goat manure on the garden one year. Manure worked good but so did all the seeds that was in it and it wasn't
all grass either. With some luck the horse owner fed a lot of grass hay. For leveling an old bed spring pulled upside down works great for leveling out a lawn.

Back