What are you currently working on??

I would never use horse manure their digestive system doesn’t breakdown weed seeds like cow manure does. I pay a little extra for Alphalpha hay for the chickens in their run because it doesn’t have weeds like a lot of hay does.

DT I would still hold off on planting that grass. You should still have a lot of hot and dry weather ahead of you unless you plan on keeping it moist.

I did keep it wet for a while until it started looking like I planted weed seed then I quit. And it was DRY DRY DRY when I ran the tiller thru it yesterday.
We know the boarder that we got the horse manure from, my son worked for her for his FFA journal thru high school, and she's my chiropractor besides. She spares nothing on those horses, her vacations are spent taking them all over the country to various shows, she does the English riding thing with them...
A few (probably 4-5) years ago, another guy we know, came and hauled away all the manure that had accumulated outside next to her arena building to that point, and I think it took him like 18 trips with a heaped Chevy 1 ton dump to get all that was there then.... I've worked those stalls and moved the pile with her tractor a few times myself....
My son took my Dakota over there and first put a 1/2 a scoop ( tractor bucket) in there then decided that I probably needed more, so he put another 1/2 a scoop in there. When I saw how much was there I figured holy cow he had gotten me a lot, I surely won't be able to use all that...
He told my wife is probably be a little peeved at how much he'd gotten... I had asked a neighbor if he wanted some figuring I'd have extra.
As it turns out that pick up load only covered about 3/4 of the area I have tilled. I threw a few shovel fulls in my wife's flowers before I started throwing it out where I had tilled and planted, those few shovel fulls wouldn't have made the difference in having enough or not .. good thing (I guess) is I can get all I could ever want for free, it's only about 2 miles away and I know where the tractor key is.... It rained a little bit overnight and so far this morning, not enough to mean anything (and no where near what they were expecting) but just enough I can't go rake it out and throw more seed down today.

If I wait to plant, I might go get another Dakota load and till it in before I throw down any more seed. Maybe if we get some more rain it can water in what I already put on a little bit better....

She's got people coming over and hauling anywhere from a couple of 5 gallon buckets worth to a pickup load here and there pretty much all the time.....
I've already been told by a few neighbors that they're watching me and my yard to see how it comes out, as they're looking for someone to come "help" them do the same thing to parts of their yards ... I guess I'm glad I didn't scrap that 42" tiller on the back of my GT. I still need to get a roll of chain and get that back together....

Funeral all day Monday, my uncle was 95.5 yrs old, still looked good.

Tuesday I mowed all my yard including pushing all around my garden and some of the unplanted garden that had grown over. Then grabbed the blower, climbed on all the roofs and blew out the gutters, then blew all leaves off driveway.....these cottonwood drop leaves beginning of Aug.

Today, went and mowed/trimmed my niece's yard. Sad her 34 yr old son lives in her basement without a job and can't even mow the yard.

I ordered parts for my FF24, a couple gasket sets showed up today.
This is how the top end set showed up, I am missing an exhaust gasket, 1 of them I really needed. Waiting for response from seller.

20240821_181226.jpg
20240821_181247.jpg
20240821_181403.jpg
20240821_181451.jpg

Burned a pile of grass & weeds to start with. Hauled some stuff out of the garage down to the old pole building for storage. Moved the two pieces of the blind floor into the garage to keep them out of the weather till I need them. Got the blind entry "porch" laid out so the floor registers would lay inside the framework. Will cut the pieces and weld them up this morning. Then weld it to the main frame. Might get the blind this weekend some time. Haven't heard back from him yet.

Now with that done, I could finish what I originally set out to do. I put on my new gas cap and IH emblem that I got a few years ago, but never put on.
View attachment 84314View attachment 84320View attachment 84313View attachment 84319
Changed the burnt out headlight.
View attachment 84317
Buffed and waxed the whole thing. It looks pretty good now, just needs a set of taillights. Now it’s almost too nice to put it to work.
View attachment 84315View attachment 84316View attachment 84318View attachment 84321View attachment 84322
I got a taillight (I already had one off a parts tractor), and a set of NOS hood decals for this tractor.
CBF2DEE5-388A-40D8-9B0A-F2084AFA3E79.jpeg0D7E1197-CA1C-4B92-83E5-0D19D35295C9.jpeg
I got the taillights on and wired up. The decals will be going on soon.
D75081B5-9E6D-426D-82D6-88F71C9640D3.jpeg7C0DE8BE-0B18-4015-AEE1-7A3B6AA7988C.jpeg34C2B506-15B3-4AE5-BB07-B028010AEA25.jpegED9B3540-EC8D-4094-98A8-1FD9DB405216.jpeg148B1075-87F9-4C15-9442-7CD73EA6F969.jpeg
Now it’s kind of bothering me how crooked they put this IH decal on, but I think I’ll leave it for now. This tractor has all original paint, so it must have came from the factory like that.
A00DC6F5-5FED-4C32-BC76-7D5E272D9AF4.jpeg

Funeral all day Monday, my uncle was 95.5 yrs old, still looked good.

Tuesday I mowed all my yard including pushing all around my garden and some of the unplanted garden that had grown over. Then grabbed the blower, climbed on all the roofs and blew out the gutters, then blew all leaves off driveway.....these cottonwood drop leaves beginning of Aug.

Today, went and mowed/trimmed my niece's yard. Sad her 34 yr old son lives in her basement without a job and can't even mow the yard.

I ordered parts for my FF24, a couple gasket sets showed up today.
This is how the top end set showed up, I am missing an exhaust gasket, 1 of them I really needed. Waiting for response from seller.

View attachment 85066
View attachment 85067
View attachment 85068
View attachment 85069
Prayers for your family Marty your uncle must have lived a good life.

That gasket kit is a mess hope they can get back to you and make it right.

Well they don't want me involved, they call my wife not me/ and they're throttling info telling me as little as possible, I get the idea details are being withheld /hidden from me. I have a sister in law that's trying to be front and center and trying to have everything going thru her .... Trying her azz off to be family spokesman when she wouldn't even take our name when she married my brother and still seems offended all these years later when she's referred to with our last name..
That brother and I got into a nasty blow up here about 6 weeks ago like we never have in all our lives, about a dumpster that showed up at moms house without me knowing, not being allowed to have a part in determining what went in it.... I don't know if Mom even knew .. I showed up with my mowers to do the yard work and there's this great big dumpster where I park my trailer while I'm there.... There were other things brought up that he tried to bypass.. enough of my problems.... I'm worried about tomorrow at the service....

Well they don't want me involved, they call my wife not me/ and they're throttling info telling me as little as possible, I get the idea details are being withheld /hidden from me. I have a sister in law that's trying to be front and center and trying to have everything going thru her .... Trying her azz off to be family spokesman when she wouldn't even take our name when she married my brother and still seems offended all these years later when she's referred to with our last name..
That brother and I got into a nasty blow up here about 6 weeks ago like we never have in all our lives, about a dumpster that showed up at moms house without me knowing, not being allowed to have a part in determining what went in it.... I don't know if Mom even knew .. I showed up with my mowers to do the yard work and there's this great big dumpster where I park my trailer while I'm there.... There were other things brought up that he tried to bypass.. enough of my problems.... I'm worried about tomorrow at the service....
Dealing with family after a death of a parent is always hard. There are those that want more than they should have and then there are the ones that want to take over everything when it's best left to the right heirs. My wife dealt with this many years ago when a daughter-in-law thought she could run the show and take what she wanted.
Sorry you are dealing with this. Hopefully it smoothes out and your family can be family again. Prayers for you all at this time.

Had a sister-in-law that wanted to run everything when Mom died. She wanted to make all the decisions for the funeral, etc. I just let her go as it was not that important to me. Came time for the auction my brother said you take care of it. They live near Madison, WI and the house was in Western Iowa. So I started in with it. Then the SIL wanted her boys to have this that and the next thing. I finally told Bob we are going to stop this right here. Each grandchild gets one item after you and I have our pick. Anything more they can get a number at the auction. Last I had anything to do with SIL but Bob and I still stay in contact.

Back