What are you currently working on??

Can you set aside the next freebie bug you come across? My daughter wants one when she gets her license in two years.
Yea sure I'll keep ya in mind.
My daughter has always wanted one, maybe this one will make her actually get her license.....at almost 20 yrs old :oops:

Great looking building, @Cvans! I know what you mean about having to move something to get something else out. That will shelter your stuff nicely!

I'm not a VW fan, @TAHOE but for free I would take it and roll in it too! Glad it's a cheap fix! My niece had one of them for her high school car. I made her "Beetle Juice" stickers for the gas tank door---LOL!

All I have done this weekend is work on the flooring project. Got carpet and trim removed from the master bedroom yesterday and painted it today. Grouted most of the seam where the two halves of the double-wide join as the new flooring will go over a lot of it.

DAC

Chris, do you have roll up doors in this shed? Really nice building!
No. Even with our blizzards snow getting inside usually isn't a problem. Had an open lean and snow would not go inside a dead air space.
It is designed so all or part of the south facing side can be inclosed or doors installed at a later date. Hoping it won't be necessary.

Thank you. Thought about a pole barn but from my experience seems like when a person needs something it's parked behind something else. The reason for the doors being that high is poking it's nose around the far corner.

A good reason to keep them all running. My building is 32X36 X10'. Made it high ehough fore the full size tractor and camper. Have neither new. I use the back6'or so for wood pallets to store attachemnts parts, etc. Line the tractors up at. an angle toward the door so they are easy to get out.

I'm going to try angled parallel parking along one end wall with the garden tractors. Should make them easier to pull in and out.

I usually try to back mine in just in case I need to help get it started, change oil or something. Bit easier to get to.

Took 2 day trip to Nashville Indiana with wife and daughter so no working on anything for a few days.

I was going though all the records the PO's had on the Beetle. I found a estimate to fix the "loose and worn gear shifter, hard to get out of 5th gear" from a local dealership......over $1900. I found a bushing kit for under $70 with maybe an hour and a half labor, definitely a stealership!!!

Finished up replacing the entire AC system on our 1981 Ford Bronco. The last piece was a new high-side hose from the compressor to the condenser. Had the hose made at my local Bumper to Bumper parts store. They only charged me $34!!!! Two fittings, couple feet of hose.... they crimped the fittings..... now ready for evac and a good charge.
IMG_1164.jpgresizedIMG_0011.JPG

Last edited:
Got the EK10 going again yesterday morning. Coil was shorting out to the hood when closed. Hard to find but easy fix. Robbed a main needle assembly out of an old 8 hp carb and replaced the lost one. Fired up and ran good so put it in the shed. Spent the afternoon moving stuff in the basement for the contractor to stabilize a couple wall that are moving in a bit.

Rain this morning so started to clean up a bench in the tool room. Will take a full day to finish that up. This afternoon brought the 4 wheeler up to the shop. Fuel shut off was leaking last fall so put a new one on. Was still using more gas than I thought it should. Parked it with 1/2 tank when I got the Ranger going. Went to use and tank was empty. Pulled the tank off to look for a leak. No "Off" function. Gas flowed in all three positions. Took it apart and saw the rubber flow director was installed off 1/4 turn. Put it in right and it worked like it was supposed to. Had I any idea that was the problem I could have fixed it in 5 min without removing the fuel tank. Live and learn.

Put 200 miles on the pickup to go after the manual lift assembly for the Allis Chalmers "G". It's in good shape & complete for $75, just needs cleaned up & painted before installing!

Back