What are you currently working on??

Got more parts for the Huskvarna today! Installed on an as needed basis. Muffler first!

DSCN4670.JPG

Then on to the deck! Got the new spindle installed and the belts routed for hooking it up.
DSCN4671.JPG DSCN4672.JPG

Got the deck under it and took it over to my neighbors concrete to level it. Think I got it close, mowed his front between the drives and his wife was happy.
DSCN4673.JPG DSCN4674.JPG DSCN4675.JPG
DSCN4676.JPG

This last pic is after I raked all the clippings off. I mowed crosswise toward the camera, think it did well.
DSCN4677.JPG

dehumidifier did the trick. Everything dried up real nice. I was able to sand the walls, prime, and texture the ceiling out today. Now all that's left is to paint, and throw down some new flooring!

I have a super busy schedule for work after this week (on vacation) Gotta work out of town in WV Monday thru Thursday, then off Friday and Saturday, then flying out to Utah for a week on sunday. Then when I get back, my son's birthday is monday, taking off Monday tuesday, then working 3 days, then my son's birthday party is at the house.

So basically I have a lot going on and a short time to get it completed in. My fault with the house project as I've been dragging my feet. I've been working on it since January. Just always something more "fun" to do other than work on the house!

Try Durabond.

I'm scared to death of that quick dry stuff...Drywall finishing isn't my day job. I'm not terrible at it, but sometimes it takes me time to get it the way I want, plus the wife or kids want something and I need to walk away for 10-15 minutes sometimes.

I use the regular topping compound and bedding compound. Takes a long time to dry but usually it's not a problem. I do a coat a day for 3 days, then prime the 4th day. But this time it was being a SOB, 36 hours for it to dry.

Finally got the motor in the JD mower all hooked up and started. Forgot to buy a new bolt for crankshaft to hold drive pulleys on, maybe today. Good thing I decided to change oil, got about 2.5 quarts out, yep, gas. Big thing I dont like, it wants to run way past safe rpms. I asked PO I got motor from if he removed govenor, he said he has to adjust it to get it to idle. I adjusted every direction, feels like governor has been removed from inside, does nothing. Guess I will put a limit stop on cable somehow. This I just temporary engine anyway until I can find out why original was knocking.
Oh my make shift vacuum port worked excellent for the pulse pump....and my new in the box pump leaked fuel. Took it apart, diaphragm was crimped inside.

Painting a couple more rooms in the house after running errands this morning. Only shop time I'll get today is here on the computer.

DAC

When it dries up will get the Cub 1512 out and do the mowing that is left. Till then have the tiller in the shop waiting for a valve job. Finally concluded that was the problem. Starts & runs good till it warms up good then wants to die off.

Walls are painted, floor is prepped for the new flooring. But that won't get done till Friday next week. Then I can officially call it done and ready for the birthday party! My wife goes nuts cleaning the house when people are coming over, so everything can get spit shinned.

After this project I only have 1 room left in the house to do, and a couple little trim projects in a couple rooms that have "temporary" trim in place.

Next year the house is hopefully going to get new siding, sofit, fascia and gutters. Then maybe, just maybe I can call it done! Last time I finished a home, i sold it 3 months later. I told my wife I don't care what she says i'm not moving for a while and if she wants to move she can be happy in her new home.

Last edited:
All I got done equipment wise is adding a short nipple to the oil drain on that 5 hp Briggs on the new to me snow blower. Filled it with oil and got the gantry crane out to unload it from the truck. Didn't get to try to run it. Had stuff to do on the floor project. Started beefing up the HF moving dollies to support my wife's pool table when we have to move it.

Now I've got a sinus infection, gotta call the doc tomorrow to get some antibiotics to get rid of it. I'm allergic to penicillin so that's out. I think a broken tooth caused it so when the infection clears up I'll have to get what's left of it pulled. Don't feel to bad but it's very annoying.

DAC

DSCN1591.JPG

I have used those large round moving glides to move our pool table. Have to move it again to get the basement wall repaired.

I have to swap out the fuel tank on the Husky. Didn't notice the vent hole in the cap was plugged! It swelled the tank and split it. Luckily, I have another one. Have an idler pulley to swap in the drive belt system, it finally arrived! I could have gotten the pulley at TSC, but I found 2 for the same price online and the Sears I just fixed needs one too. Not that hard to do and can do that at the owners house.

Here's where the tank split on the Husky. And the grommet that was in it. And the black crap still in the tank, that's what was eating at the rubber in the grommet.
DSCN4678.JPG DSCN4679.JPG DSCN4680.JPG

That split could have been fixed with 5 min epoxy. None of those grommets last all that long. 4 to 6 years if they are not moved a few more. Like filters and shut off, keep them on hand just in case.

Got into that Briggs today. Head gasket was the main problem but since I had it apart I lapped the valves. Carb & fuel tank is ready to go back on but waiting to hear if they had the head gasket in stock. Would like to finish it up and get it out of there before the next project floats in.

That split could have been fixed with 5 min epoxy. None of those grommets last all that long. 4 to 6 years if they are not moved a few more. Like filters and shut off, keep them on hand just in case.
I ahven't found any epoxy that works with gasoline and the additives of today!

Back