What are you currently working on??

Last night I went to open the overhead door in the shop, got it up about 2 feet and it freewheeled and slammed shut! I didn't deal with it until tonight after work. It's a recirculating chain hoist with a roller chain from the hoist to the door spring bar. It spit that roller chain right off of the sprockets. It was laying on the shop floor. Since it's a 12' door I hauled the extension ladder over and put the roller chain back on. Can't see any adjustment to take the slack out of the chain. One of the hoist mount holes is slotted but not the other. I may have to pull the hoist off the rail and slot the other hole for adjustment. I'm on call at work for a week now so shop time will be limited.

DAC

Last edited:
The last of the ordered parts should be here today! That will let me put the deck back under the Sears and get the steering rebuilt on the Husky. Still have more parts needed for the Husky, but it's getting there. I'll be able to get it started and move it around.

The Mighty SS16 needs no attention, so fixing up some scars on wife’s car. Seems I did not spray the paint correctly is why colour not matching so giving it another go. We’ll see:confused:
Metallic paints can be problematic.
This is a water based paint, geez it dries hard!
If colour does not match paint will be returned and I get to do this again, there are 5 areas on car getting attention

Attachments

• 16C941CA-CB2C-4334-BA35-9397AC6CEBB8.jpeg
    16C941CA-CB2C-4334-BA35-9397AC6CEBB8.jpeg
    155.5 KB · Views: 9
I thought about that but we are going with the "engineered vinyl" fake hardwood flooring. They recommended pulling them, and I didn't want to take any chances on bumps appearing in the new floor. My wife and son did the pulling yesterday since I had too much other crap going on, until there weren't too many left for me. It is a newer trailer house so cheap staples may work back out.

DAC
You may want to consider putting down an underlayment but that is more worrk to get the screws covered and flat too but a better surface fot eh vinyl. That particle board they use for a sub floor is hard and lot of times chips up with nails or screws. Vinyl really likes to show these imperfections. We went back with carpet. Much, much more forgiving.

Plan to get a short section of gutter cleaned this morning. Don't have the Gutter Guard in it so needs to be cleaned. with all the Maple seeds around this yer those darn thing try to grow on concrete. Catch the ground under the garage door and with the wind will wave around enough to stop the door from going down. Later want to pull the QT16 up to the shop and get it running again. Think the valves need lapped.

The QT is in the shop and that is as far as I went today. Stopped for dinner and took a nap and said no way in this heat. Will go after it in the morning and see what shakes out. Would like to get it running as the county dirt road going south for over a mile looks more like a hay field than a road. Think they need to change their signs from "Minimum" to "NO" maintenance road.

Worked on the Huskvarna GTH2548 yesterday. Installed the drive belt and got it started. Tranny works great. But I have a wiring issue as it wants to die when you let the clutch out. Think I did that when I reconnected that wiring, I'll sort it out today.. Had a fuel pump leaking again. Still need to get a muffler and new blades for this thing. But I still should make a few dollars on it.

Got the parts for the tiller and got it together but I need get some grease before I can see if it works. I put new gears, seals and clutch in it. It just had plugs instead of zerks so I put them in too.

QT 16 fired right up yesterday morning. And that was on last summers gas with Sta-bil. Ran good for old gas. Mowed the dirt road for about 20 min. Suddenly it lost power and died. Got it fired again on one cylinder and moved it about 30 ft and shut it off. Opened the free wheel valve and rolled it down into the shop. took the cover off the air cleaner and saw the problem. 2 screws missing that hold the air cleaner to the carb. Removed the air cleaner and saw a screw down in the carb laying on top of the atomizer tube. Easy retrieve and saw the threads were striped out on two holes of the top of the carb. Got the intake off, covers off and checked for compression. Good on #2 but #1 had 0. Pulled the head and found the screw between the valve and the block. Didn't hurt anything as it must have fell under the valve and stayed there as the valve was wide open. While it was apart this far I lapped the valves and have it back together except for the tin head covers. Will put them back on after dinner and try it again. If I remember right it lost power last year when I was mowing and that is why it was parked. Hopefully it don't have this issue again. May be a heat issue. will leave the side covers off the tractor.

Race at Chicago is red flagged due to lightening. Went out and put the tin on the Onan in the QT. Picked up tools and put them up and fired it up. Started right off and sounds better than before. Muffler has a couple gaps where the end beats the main tube so kind of has a poping to it. Didn't let it run to long - to hot out of the fan. Rolled it forward enough to get the Ranger in behind it and called it quits. I have a G11 with a 11 hp B&S that needs some attention. It ran last year but run out of time and good weather to finish it up. It is next on the list.

I forgot to put this in before. The hour meter only shows 261.6 hrs. The fellow I got it from bought it new, so he hasn't changed it out. And I know it's working! Up to 261.8 hrs now!

This huskvarna is trying my patience. Took the wire connection out of the clutch/brake switch so I could let the pedal out and not kill the engine. Now, it dies when I pull the PTO switch out. Fixing to delete that whole part of the wiring!

Got the Onan M43 engine on the Qt back together. The steering had about 1/2 turn of play. Tracked it down to the key in the shaft for the steering gear. Got it tore apart after fighting that monster of a deck off. Found I didn't have the right size woodruff key. Had to take a metric that was bit to think and mill it down to fit in the groove. Went together tight so should last a while. Need to put the gas tank back in and the battery and the tractor will be ready for the deck again. Couple minor repairs on the deck, touch up the blades and will try it out tomorrow. Supposed to be hotter than hatie again tomorrow so going to mow in the morning, wet or not.

Back