What did you do with your tractor today?

I got the Bolens/MTD Lawn tractor fired up when I got home from work and mowed the front half of our acre. Did the trimming and blew the clippings off the concrete too. After that fall I still didn't get the MF12G done. Too dang sore to lay on the concrete mounting the cutting deck. No, still don't have a h@!$t, Noel---LOL! Better now but today was the only decent day in the forecast until I'm on call at work, then I can't mow. Can't risk not hearing the phone ring. Hopefully I'll catch a reasonable day before on call and knock out the back yard too.

DAC

Someday Doug, someday. Hehe.

Must of hurt yourself fairly good, your lucky you didn’t do more damage. Take it easy for the next bit. Being on call ain’t good.

Noel

I found this 20lb weight in yard at work. I think it’s a weight It will finds its way onto my tractor
anyone got idea what it’s from?47B39EAA-AF41-47CF-9D6A-EAA14B4F5A25.jpeg

Attachments

• 1E7996FE-1C08-4FA6-B9EC-5261482F7D5E.jpeg
    1E7996FE-1C08-4FA6-B9EC-5261482F7D5E.jpeg
    132.2 KB · Views: 8
It was a real Mowing Monday finally. Got our acre, the ditch out front and the trimming done. Had to be done mowing by 4:30 as tonight is my last night "on call" at work for a while.

The MF12G ran great, and sure does a lot nicer job than that Bolens/MTD lawn tractor. The floating deck on the MF suits our irregular yard much better. Didn't have time to mow the half acre next door yet. Will use the LT on that since it is pretty much flat.

Nope, Noel, didn't get stuck in the ditch---LOL! No trace of mud in it anywhere! Yard already has some brown spots due to lack of rain.

DAC

Put the deck on the GT 19 took the snowblower off, and mowed with it for the 1st time since I've had it, got some tractor carnage to fix but no time, had to get the mowing done since I won't be here for a week and it sure won't stop growing.
Ran circles around my wife who was on an identical machine with a 12hp on it/ a machine also in desperate need of TLC. I didn't want to let her run the 19 because she's never run a GT with power steering. She also got to mow in the dark with a tractor that has headlights for the 1st time too.
But I had to when she blew the belts from the pto to the deck drive, and I had to get my cub 129 out.
John's (property owner where my storage is) parts for his clutch on his cub 1200 came in, will have to wait for me to get back to assemble. All 3 of his cubs are down. The other 1200 decided to chuck it's engine mount bolts and his 1250 mysteriously lost all spark. So I've been exercising my machines the last couple of mowings.
Tonite I have to mow my yard and go 30 miles away and do the mother in law's yard. Ooh boy. An hour with the push mower, each yard, there.

Had the YT16H Ford out today and spent 2 hours cutting grass. But by the way the grass and dandelions are growing may have to cut again Monday.

Noel

Cut grass! Figured I'd get it done today so I wouldn't have to do it this weekend!
Got mine and the mother in law's yards done, mine will need it again by Sunday/Monday at the latest. The damn dandelions will pop back up within 2 days at the mother in law's but I'll be 800+ miles away around then. My son will do mine (especially when he sees a "new" mower in the garage //the Dixon I got for free last week// that he hasn't run yet.when I get home I will have lots of spraying to do, the smell of 2,4-d will be in the air for a week after I spray.

Used the Case 446 to do a few chores with a trailer. I seem to be getting a little more use to the hydraulic drive. Having the brake working now with out the brake pushing the drive selector into neutral, has helped a lot.

Noel

The feature of the brake forcing the drive into neutral has saved my butt more than once. Be watching one way and not catching that tree or bush that just jumped in front of you, hit the brake and your dead stopped. Drive is not pushing you. Don't know how your Case is set up but on my cubs the only time I use the brake is to park it, emergency stop or to start it.

Mowed the front half acre at the abandon trailer next door with the Bolens/MTD Lawn tractor, seems to be working well now. Then got out the MF12G and mowed our acre too. It performed flawlessly! Did the ditches out front both lots too. No mud even though we have had a inch and a half of rain this week. No stuck in the mud drama----yet, Noel---LOL!

DAC

Back