What the best?

I have and use a JD 68 mower. Gets into some small areas.
DSCN4035.JPG

I also have a Bolens Lawn Keeper. It's pretty cool. I like the front deck.
DSCN1730.JPG

Two suggestions, if it's looks your after than this RER has to be #1
1538217502028.jpeg
And these will mow around anything if your not in a hurry.
swisherbigmowazv-12v-8m-2.jpg

Dodge, if time wasn't a issue I'd probably do a lot more push mowing but. By the time I work 50hr come home to farm part time and spend any significant time with wife and kids. saving time with mowing, even if it 15 mins once a week worth a couple hundred bucks to me. It will add up.
Lance, if I was close you probably get sick of me looks like it be a cool place to hangout lol. I do like the looks of those with the deck on the front, I don't believe I seen one in person.
how old are the kids? can they push mow that section? or the wife? then you wouldn't have to worry about it at all...

Lol what is that 3 wheel thing iv never seen one of those!
swisher. they do a great job if you don't have any craters for that front wheel to fall into and FLAT ground. Have had a bunch of them. swisher mowers came out in the late 50s or early 60s, 3 versions, single speed 6hp 32", 2 speed 8hp 32", and there was a 40" as well.
those are quite few and far between, I went to an estate farm auction about 15 years ago, there were 3 hay wagons full of nothing but Swisher parts. and at least a dozen mowers from running to rollers. he had 2 or 3 of the 40's, I didn't get any though. I got a couple of the 32s and a BUNCH of parts.
that one shown in the pic was one of the newest ones before they quit making them. Swisher is still in business, they make ATV accessories, and tow behind self powered mowers both finish cut and Bush hog style. also they make a 24" walk behind rough cut (bush hog) style machine like the DR mower you see on TV. they just stopped making the 3 wheeled riders about 10-15 years ago but there are plenty around.

Wouldnt mind one of those Swishers myself.... cool looking unit. Ive seen pics of a couple differant 3 wheelers, only one Ive had tho is the JD F525 which has a single rear wheel, nice mower but kinda like the Sunrunner with the big dump cart on the back... always hitting things with the tail end.

Of the two that Chris posted about, the Ariens will give a better cut and can handle slopes better.
The Swisher Ride King is very agile. To go backwards, you just spin the front wheel around 180 degrees. On a flat yard with obstacles, they are tough to beat. Went thru three or four of those growing up, mowing 3-4 acres.

ive got a John deere 68 like kenny, I’ve got a new collector, and the 30 inch deck. The collector i believe is new, looks very clean, almost pristine and it’s got the single blade 30 inch deck. You could also get a 34 inch dual blade deck

Last edited by a moderator:
have a neighbor with a Deere RX75.... RER I hate that thing. I feel like a clown on a teeny tiny tricycle when I have to work on that thing. .
have used the Snappers, the ones I used had the bicycle handlebars.... older I think. haven't had an Ariens RER yet, they look better built than some of the other RERs I have experienced.

have a neighbor with a Deere RX75.... RER I hate that thing. I feel like a clown on a teeny tiny tricycle when I have to work on that thing. .
have used the Snappers, the ones I used had the bicycle handlebars.... older I think. haven't had an Ariens RER yet, they look better built than some of the other RERs I have experienced.
That the way I feel on them lol. The kids are 4, and 6 wife works also and has a bad back. So it mostly on me. She trys to push mow but she can't handle it for long, and can't handle a weed eater at all.
I quit farming once but dad is 70 and won't give it up so I have to help quite a bit so it just as easy to just stay involved so at least there a little pay out of it.

Well. Something has fell I'm my lap. But I'm not telling yet till I get it home and it's a done deal..

Well there not the old gt I was wanting, or the RER either Lance lol. Really nothing exciting but I thing it a good enough deal to take a chance on.

Back