1969 Ford Falcon Futura wagon

No project is as simple as it should be.......

The guy that built my new hoses told me that he noticed on the old ones that on the end that screws on to the compressor, the tube had been cut short.... look inside the port on the compressor to see if maybe an old hose had broken inside. Sure enough, there was something inside, but not a piece of broken tube..... wrestled with it for at least 2 hours getting it out... I was bound and determined to NOT have to trim the new tube.....
4C49BEFF-0706-4A2B-80B0-D83D96BA6C23.jpeg

Got it all back together, took it to my local shop to have it evacuated and charged. All good again!

Went by and saw the Chrysler 300 again today, this time had my better half with me. She likes the Chrysler, but really had her eye on a 2001 Ford SVT Mustang Cobra that he has for sale. I helped him by putting a serpantine belt tensioner on it for him. He was going to pay his local mechanic to do it, but I told him it was so easy to do that I'd hate to see him pay anything to get it installed. He thought it needed the tensioner due to a noise the car was making. Well, still had the noise after. Pinned it down to a low fluid level on the power steering reservoir. He let us take it for a spin..... BOY, was that NICE!!!! What a rocket!!!

Who knows? Maybe we'll have a Chrysler 300 down the road?? I'd love to get it running and reliable, then maybe sell the Falcon wagon??

go with the mustang, those cobras were nice
He's asking $13K-$14K for the Mustang..... $6950 for the 300.... more in my ballpark, but will most likely keep the Falcon and keep improving things on it. Like: new condenser for the A/C, a new FrostBite radiator, 3G(?) alternator, electric cooling fan.... would really like to rewire the 12V supply to have a distribution block like a newer vehicle, new wheels, etc, etc.....

01 cobras I don't think had the supercharger, the 03-04 did, they seem to hold there value better, the 99-04 body style is kinda hit or miss, it's gotta be the right color. we been looking for another mustang, keeping an eye out for 12-14 with a 5.0

01 cobras I don't think had the supercharger, the 03-04 did, they seem to hold there value better, the 99-04 body style is kinda hit or miss, it's gotta be the right color. we been looking for another mustang, keeping an eye out for 12-14 with a 5.0
This one is navy blue (Ford blue??) with grey stripes.

Back