1969 Ford Falcon Futura wagon

Razorback

Tractorologist
Ran a large 3 core radiator in my 1963 Ford pickup with what I was told was a 257 engine built for a van. The engine had no fan on the water pump and required a stand off fan which i didn't have. I drove that truck in to Seattle to work in a shipyard. No fan, rush hour traffic, some times stopped in the middle of the freeway due to traffic, Never had a problem with heat. With a good 3 core radiator the fan may seldom come on unless you are using air conditioning. Don
Thx, Don.

The car does have A/C, and when I do install the electric fan, it has the option to wire it so that it will turn on any time the compressor clutch is engaged. I'll try that setup first. Also would have the option to not wire it that way and just rely on the adjustable thermostat to turn the fan off and on. I can also wire in a switch to place inside the driver's compartment to be able to turn on the fan any time I want.

Last edited:

Razorback

Tractorologist
That will keep her cool.
I will still run a seprate trans cooler too.

:D Al
Thx, Al.

Yes, a separate transmission cooler is planned, also. I have a Tru-Cool 45K BTU cooler on our 1995 F250 7.3L PowerStroke that has an E4OD transmission in it. When I installed that, I removed the stock cooler that was about 12" square...... eventually added that to our 1981 Bronco that has a 302 and C6 transmission. I'll start shopping for a the transmission cooler for the Falcon..... maybe stick with Tru-Cool, or will also check out Holly/Frostbite or OSC.

alleyyooper

Tractorologist
I bought a compresser thru Auto Zone for my cummings powered Dodge truck. Never put the 134 with sealer in the orginal compresser on a Dodge truck.
Cost me 159.00.

:D Al