And more junk.

Got a new tool today, getting prepared for spring. Got this 10" electric chain/pole saw from "Worx". I already have a string trimmer, leaf blower and small handheld vacuum cleaner from them. They all use the same battery.
View attachment 65012 View attachment 65013

View attachment 65014 View attachment 65015

I didn't put any bar oil in it yet but blipped the trigger and it takes right off with or without the pole attachment. Plan to do some tree pruning on what I can reach in the back of the pickup, but will still probably have to have a tree service come out some day.

Some of you may know that retirement is near. Since I still want to work on my tractors and trucks more than ever but can hardly get up off the shop floor any more, Loree and I have decided to get a 4 post lift for the shop! Got to see if the boss at work will let me have it shipped there where a forklift is available and then just set it on my trailer. I'm already thinking about how tractors can be rolled up on to it for underside work, but this project is a few weeks away still.

DAC
A lot of businesses can order stuff like that with a discount that your boss might let you use. Congrats on getting prepared for retirement.

Congrats on getting that lift. You will get a lot of good use out of it.
Thanks, Roger! Yeah, it will be a frequently used tool for sure!

A lot of businesses can order stuff like that with a discount that your boss might let you use. Congrats on getting prepared for retirement.
Good advice Jim, but this is a government entity so generally they get charged more----LOL!

DAC

I didn't see the price, Jim, but it is a cool tool! I can imagine what it might cost though!

Got about an hour in the shop actually doing shop things rather than retirement, SS, and car lift stuff on the PC! The lift is ordered. May be about 3 weeks before delivery. Ran around in town most of the day actually. Got by Menard's and used a credit, picked up a 8" wire wheel and a gallon of chainsaw bar oil.

Some of you may remember quite awhile back I dug a 8' bench grinder out of the scrap trailer at work. I found out who threw it in there and he said the shaft was bent. All that was wrong with it was one of the nuts that hold on the stones was gone! Finally remembered to get the wire wheel and install on it. Removed my old 6" and mounted the 8" in it's place. I have two other 6" bench grinders that came out of that scrap trailer too. They run fine but the stones are well worn. That 6" I removed is the only one I actually bought---LOL! I will keep it just in case I don't like the 8". Might try to get a few bucks out of the other 2.

First pic is the 6".

DAC

DSCN4997.JPG DSCN4998.JPG

You'll like the 8". I've never regretted getting mine which is a Grainger's belt drive. I did recently purchase a benchtop 4" belt sander and now am wishing I had done it years ago. Purchased some of the blue belts for metal and they seem to last a long time.
Never got around to putting the blue belt back on yet, Chris. I was doing some minor woodworking a couple months ago and never needed it yet. This one is a HF cheapie, pretty easy to stall, but will do the job if i don't rush it.

The stones on that 8" were like new so I have an extra with the addition of the wire wheel. Menards only had "fine" 8" wheels so jury is out on if I will like that too.

DAC

Those are good for sharpening and finishing but if you get a chance to pick up a medium someplace I'd do it. You can always take one of the fine ones back.
Should have said fine wire wheels Chris. And yes, both of the stones that were on the 8" are 60 grit "fine" also. It wouldn't hurt to get something more coarse for sure. May not like the 60 grit wheels!

DAC

What size is the shaft hole in the wire wheel. I got a wire wheel from HF and it had a 5/8" and shaft on my grinder is 1/2".
Kenny was right on Rad. Your wheel should have come with the bushing. Mine is 5/8" and a 1/2"x5/8" bushing did come with it. I threw it in the garbage last night, or I would send you the bushing! I might be able to find it in the garbage. give me a couple days to get time to look!

DAC

Back