And more junk.

Lift is not delivered yet but I did see it! Stopped by the YRC/Yellow freight terminal this afternoon. There was a guy working frantically in the warehouse. He stopped to help me. I pointed at the crate, and i said "I think that is mine!" He asked me the destination and the info agreed. The guy said he is the only one working the warehouse and doing local deliveries right now! No help and can't seem to get anyone to hire on! It does seem like Class A CDL drivers are hard to come by. We have the same problem where I work. Class A required in the job description but everyone applying does not have one. If I was younger could probably make some better money using my CDL. He is hoping to get it out to the plant by Wednesday. He's supposed to be getting a couple of guys in to help from Wyoming tomorrow.

The oil dolly came in today. Got it put together. It's kind of flimsy but will work ok.

DSCN5009.JPG DSCN5010.JPG

DAC

Lift is not delivered yet but I did see it! Stopped by the YRC/Yellow freight terminal this afternoon. There was a guy working frantically in the warehouse. He stopped to help me. I pointed at the crate, and i said "I think that is mine!" He asked me the destination and the info agreed. The guy said he is the only one working the warehouse and doing local deliveries right now! No help and can't seem to get anyone to hire on! It does seem like Class A CDL drivers are hard to come by. We have the same problem where I work. Class A required in the job description but everyone applying does not have one. If I was younger could probably make some better money using my CDL. He is hoping to get it out to the plant by Wednesday. He's supposed to be getting a couple of guys in to help from Wyoming tomorrow.

The oil dolly came in today. Got it put together. It's kind of flimsy but will work ok.

View attachment 65953 View attachment 65954

DAC
Bet you're getting a little excited Doug. I know I am for you just reading your updates..

Nothing like watching a new toy coming to you. Hope it keeps coming to you unlike around here. I don’t know how many times things get within an hour of us then it leaves the other direction only to sit for a day or so then here it comes again. Same here Doug excited for you. Have you cleared out a place for it yet lol.

Thanks guys, I sure appreciate the comments, Bill and Jim! Yeah it is exciting getting new tools and equipment!

Got the call about 10 this morning from Dan, the guy I talked to at the YRC terminal. He said 15 minutes he will have it delivered and he was right almost to the minute! He also said the guys from Cheyenne never showed up, so deliveries are still way behind! I feel for the guy running himself ragged, but he works hard for sure! He doesn't know what the company is going to do in a couple weeks as he said he will be out for six weeks getting and healing up from a back surgery!

I had 4 comp hours saved up so I took off work at noon and brought it home.

It wasn't as easy to unload as I hoped, because the slings I borrowed from work were too long. I had to leave it on the trailer and unload piece by piece until I could pull the trailer out.
DSCN5011.JPG DSCN5012.JPG

Looks like all the parts are here, but hardware is another story. The bolts, nuts and washers were just all wadded up in shrink wrap. That stuff is no big deal.
DSCN5013.JPG DSCN5014.JPG DSCN5016.JPG DSCN5015.JPG

If nothing else comes up, hopefully this weekend will be real productive! I'll try to do a little after work the rest of the week too.

Here we go!

DAC

Nice Doug. You’ll be happy with that. Lots of stuff to put together.

Once it’s up and running , you made find you have more friends than you thought. Hehe.

Noel
For you guys with a lift I'm going to have to come see more you often....by the time I travel there I'm sure something will need to be fixed...;)

Guys do these bolt directly to the concrete slab or is a footer required. I’m a big YouTube and tictok fan and I’ve seen several videos of these just simply falling over. I’ve built many roofs over existing patios and have always had to cut out a section of the slab to pour a footer. I know that’s mostly because of frost line issues but this would concern me if I was mounting one of these.

Far as I know Jim, it has to be harder concrete than normal to put the anchoring bolts into. Rated in psi. I don’t know enough about that thou. Any way, when son put his two post lift in there was a 14’x 3’ section cut out of the old concrete floor. Holes were drilled into the old concrete. Rebar was installed. Then new proper concrete poured in. This 14’x3’ hole was about a foot deep also. No issues yet with anything moving. Have retorqued the post bolts, in the concrete, twice since installation.

Noel

Guys do these bolt directly to the concrete slab or is a footer required. I’m a big YouTube and tictok fan and I’ve seen several videos of these just simply falling over. I’ve built many roofs over existing patios and have always had to cut out a section of the slab to pour a footer. I know that’s mostly because of frost line issues but this would concern me if I was mounting one of these.
Think Doug is getting a 4 post lift so that should change things up a bit. Obviously you still need good concrete to sit it on but not sure if it would need any footers underneath each leg. Would almost think 4-6" concrete would be fine.

Think Doug is getting a 4 post lift so that should change things up a bit. Obviously you still need good concrete to sit it on but not sure if it would need any footers underneath each leg. Would almost think 4-6" concrete would be fine.

I believe 4” to 6” is all that’s required for a two post also. With a certain size square footing of the proper rated concrete. With the 6” recommended. I’m just guessing on all this thou.
Read the manual, right ! It tells you what to do.
Hopefully Doug will enlighten us on what is required to set this lift up.

Noel

Good luck and don't over do it.
Think I overdid it a little yesterday afternoon, Chris---LOL! Was kind of a rush to get the trailer unloaded and out of the shop before dark!

Congrats! Have fun!
It will be fun for sure, Kenny!

Nice Doug. You’ll be happy with that. Lots of stuff to put together.

Once it’s up and running , you made find you have more friends than you thought. Hehe.

Noel
LOL! Yeah I might have to put up "no trespassing" signs, Noel!

For you guys with a lift I'm going to have to come see more you often....by the time I travel there I'm sure something will need to be fixed...;)
Stop by any time unless you see "no trespassing" signs, Bill---LOL!

Far as I know Jim, it has to be harder concrete than normal to put the anchoring bolts into. Rated in psi. I don’t know enough about that thou. Any way, when son put his two post lift in there was a 14’x 3’ section cut out of the old concrete floor. Holes were drilled into the old concrete. Rebar was installed. Then new proper concrete poured in. This 14’x3’ hole was about a foot deep also. No issues yet with anything moving. Have retorqued the post bolts, in the concrete, twice since installation.

Noel
I believe 4” to 6” is all that’s required for a two post also. With a certain size square footing of the proper rated concrete. With the 6” recommended. I’m just guessing on all this thou.
Read the manual, right ! It tells you what to do.
Hopefully Doug will enlighten us on what is required to set this lift up.

Noel
Bill and Noel are correct with this being a 4 post lift, Jim. My brother in law has 7 four post lifts, and he said long as the concrete was a quality job with decent steel in it, 4" is just fine. 4 posts lifts don't get bolted down unless the owner really desires it. They are actually portable. There is a caster kit with it so it can be moved around (unloaded) but my options are very limited with only one overhead door.

All I got done tonight after work was to strip the plastic wrapping off the rest of the parts. I had only stripped one ramp yesterday.

The assembly instructions could be better but I imagine it is a nightmare to translate from China to English! Watched a couple videos before I bought it to prepare myself.

Here's some stripped pictures. Got the oil dolly funnel extension today also. Thanks for the reminder, Noel!

DSCN5017.JPG DSCN5018.JPG

DSCN5019.JPG DSCN5020.JPG DSCN5021.JPG DSCN5022.JPG

That last picture are the frames that served as the "crate". 1/4" angle iron so they should be good to build something with.

Thanks for following along on this adventure, guys!

DAC

Congratulations very nice lift Doug. Look forward to seeing it go together!

jhn9840
John
Thank-you John!

Made a little progress tonight after work!

I drug the legs for the ramp end up where I could sit the top end on saw horses, then i picked up a crossbar with the overhead hoist. Got them started into the tops of the legs enough to pin them with bolts so the crossbar would stay in the legs.
DSCN5023.JPG DSCN5024.JPG

Once the crosswbar was pinned, I could start lifting with the hoist. I just let the feet drag towards the hoist until the assembly could stand on it's own. Then the crossbar had to be lowered to the lowest locks. Had to pull the locks individually since the linkage isn't assembled yet.
DSCN5025.JPG DSCN5026.JPG

I couldn't stand it up right where I want it because the MF12G is in the way. Just slid it on the concrete a couple of feet at a time until positioned. Hopefully the other two legs will be standing tomorrow night. The crossbar is at the height the instructions say that is correct for cable adjustment.
DSCN5027.JPG

DAC

Thanks, Noel!

It is starting to look like a lift now! Built the 2 rear posts and crossbar, slid them back where they belong. That went well so I decided to see how smooth setting the ramps on would go and that went well too! That's enough for today after 10 hours at work too. The ramps aren't bolted to the crossbars yet but they aren't going anywhere.
DSCN5028.JPG DSCN5029.JPG DSCN5030.JPG

Tomorrow after bolting up the ramps, it will be route the cables and get them adjusted. So far so good!

DAC

Back