And more junk.

I would look at the wiring real close to make sure it’s ok Doug. Then I would put power to each fan motor to check those. Check the voltage required to do that. Heat fan should be 120AC, not sure about the combustion fan. Could be 24 AC or 120 AC. Can’t remember. Been a while since I worked on one. But, be good to make sure before putting new parts on. No returns on electrical stuff. Around here any way

Noel

I would look at the wiring real close to make sure it’s ok Doug. Then I would put power to each fan motor to check those. Check the voltage required to do that. Heat fan should be 120AC, not sure about the combustion fan. Could be 24 AC or 120 AC. Can’t remember. Been a while since I worked on one. But, be good to make sure before putting new parts on. No returns on electrical stuff. Around here any way

Noel
Too late. the parts are ordered, Noel. I did pay 7 bucks extra for a "buyer protection policy" for whatever good that might do.

DAC

I would still check it Doug before you put the new parts on, so you don’t ruin the new parts possibly. Just a thought.
Noel
I can inspect the wiring. I already did somewhat, but will give it a closer look. Far as powering up the fans, not sure on the voltage yet. I don't have a power supply that can put out 24VAC though. Jump it from the transformer I suppose? Didn't get to check them out further today.

Thanks for the advice, Noel!

DAC

I can inspect the wiring. I already did somewhat, but will give it a closer look. Far as powering up the fans, not sure on the voltage yet. I don't have a power supply that can put out 24VAC though. Jump it from the transformer I suppose? Didn't get to check them out further today.

Thanks for the advice, Noel!

DAC
Highly doubt the fan motor is 24v. Looks like a pretty small transformer to be powering much. Possible I suppose.
Is the fuse you're blowing on the circuit board ?

Highly doubt the fan motor is 24v. Looks like a pretty small transformer to be powering much. Possible I suppose.
Is the fuse you're blowing on the circuit board ?
Yeah, on the circuit board as stated earlier, Bill. Looks like you're right about them being 120V. Will try to get them tested.

Both fans are 120 volt.

NoelView attachment 67253
Thanks Noel. I should have read this stuff sooner. The fans spin freely is all I know right now. Never had a chance to get up on the ladder today.

DAC

Did a little nicer job hanging the lights in the bottom of the empty ramp on the lift today. Still only about 45* out in the lift bay so I didn't do much else. My damm hands get cold pretty easy anymore.

Ordered some magnetic hooks that are shorter than the ones I had, which came in today. Bent small loops to link the light to the hook and started hanging.
DSCN5137.JPG

Got 3 of them positioned and used a couple more hooks to route the cords on the lights and the 3 way that goes to an outlet.
DSCN5134.JPG DSCN5135.JPG

I did open the overhead door for awhile since it was slightly warmer than in the shop but that didn't help much so it was time to do some work on the computer where I have some heat.

DSCN5136.JPG

I can unplug the orange 3 way cord from the lights and then lower the lift to the floor with the lights in the ramp.

DAC

I like the way those lights turned out. Nice place to work under there if you don't hit your head.
I can walk standing straight up with a hat on with plenty of clearance, 79", Chris. With a truck on it the lift will be lower. Ceiling height is 13' 8". I figured on rolling around on a chair most of the time while working on the underside of a truck.

DAC

I can walk standing straight up with a hat on with plenty of clearance, 79", Chris. With a truck on it the lift will be lower. Ceiling height is 13' 8". I figured on rolling around on a chair most of the time while working on the underside of a truck.

DAC

Just wondering Doug. Why would the truck be lower and you going to use a chair to work on it. Personal choice ? Or won’t go high enough for you to get under.
Sons ceiling is 13’ and a little. He has no trouble putting a truck on the hoist and workin on it.
Maybe I’m not understanding correctly. Ive been known to be like that. Hehe.

Noel

Nicely done Doug it worked out great. I like those magnetic hooks I’ll have to get some of those. I’ve seen them but for some reason I’ve always related them to an office not my shop.
I ordered 20 of those hooks from an epay store, Jim. $13.29.

Just wondering Doug. Why would the truck be lower and you going to use a chair to work on it. Personal choice ? Or won’t go high enough for you to get under.
Sons ceiling is 13’ and a little. He has no trouble putting a truck on the hoist and workin on it.
Maybe I’m not understanding correctly. Ive been known to be like that. Hehe.

Noel
I can probably get a truck on the lift and stoop a little walking around under it, but this arthritis in my back don't like to stoop. standing straight up is ok or sitting. Lot of pain in between the two. Then the overhead door reduces the ceiling height to about 12' when the door is open. Also, a ceiling fan in the way, but I suppose it should come down. I will try to get some measurements soon.

We have heat!!
IMG_0878.jpg

Those furnace parts came in today about noon. Was able to test both fans and they work fine. Replaced all the components that came in the package.
DSCN5138.JPG

Old board is on the left. There are a couple of resistors that look discolored, but nothing obviously burnt. Looks like every picture I took is blurry.
DSCN5139.JPG

Got the side panel back on and warming up the shop. The temp never got below 42F even with single and teen temps at night. Got pretty nice outside today too but wanted to run the furnace anyway. Got it working just in time for it to be 80F on Tuesday---LOL!

DSCN5140.JPG

Then, since I had to pull the welding table out and move junk that is under it to get a step ladder to the furnace it was time to take the shop vac to everything and clean up.
DSCN5141.JPG

Stuff is put back to normal.
DSCN5142.JPG

DAC

Back