And more junk.

Happy birthday Doug. Sounds like you had a good day.

Noel
Happy birthday!
Happy day after your Birthday
Happy belated birthday Doug..

View attachment 76303
Happy Birthday Doug

jhn9840
John
I am a day late and a dollar short but "Happy belated birthday Doug".
Happy belated birthday bud!
Same here. Better late than never they say.
Happy Belated Birthday Doug!
Thank you guys for the birthday wishes!

Today was kind of a downer though. Somehow our 13 year old house cat has disappeared! She must have made a run for outside when one of us opened a door. I had an appointment with a rain gutter installer this morning then had to go to town for a errand. Got back home and started searching inside and outside. She has no "street smarts" and is badly spoiled. After searching till near dark Loree messaged me to make up some flyers and she would take them around the neighborhood, hopefully tomorrow. I put some food on the deck and one of her beds. Even left the sliding door open a bit that maybe she could paw it open enough to get back in. It's actually our daughter's cat but she left it here when she moved to Aberdeen. Hopefully the cat's instincts will kick in and bring her back home.

marge flyer001.jpg

It's one thing to have to put down an old pet but to have one just vanish seems harder.

DAC

Happy B-Day. Hopefully the cat will find its way home.
Thanks CJet!

I moved one time years ago and my cat went missing for 3 months but found her way home.
That's pretty cool, Rad! How far did you move?

Well hopefully she will show up. Sorry you and your wife have to go through this.
Not going to hold my breath, Chris, the cat is old and spoiled. I don't think her chances of survival are very good. Loree and I are doing ok. Our daughter is pretty sad and my oldest sister is really taking it hard. She is a "crazy cat lady" but at least only owns one at a time.

My cousin Sharon came over this morning and walked the neighborhood calling for the cat while I crawled around in my junk in the back yard looking for the cat. Decided it was useless. Loree took some more flyers out when she went to work. This afternoon I did what I know best and made a sign to pound into the ground out by the road.

Got to use the new Kobalt heat gun to remove old vinyl lettering. It works great and is safer than the old Makita since it can be stood on end.
DSCN5945.JPG DSCN5946.JPG

It's a double faced sign so traffic from both directions will see it.
DSCN5950.JPG

While I was on the wild cat chase in the back yard I grabbed the tower for that windmill and brought it in the shop. It's taller than I remembered. Won't fit under the lift. Hopefully I can start in on that soon.
DSCN5944.JPG

Enough fun for one day.

Thanks for commenting, guys!

DAC

Living in the country with a creek and lots of trees nearby has always a risk for small animals for us. Especially since the
DNR in their infinite wisdom imported Bob Cats several years ago. As if we didn't have enough predator issues with the coyote population.
We have lost several cats in the last 20 years. Some were to the outside dog that hates small animals like opossum, racoon, etc. I think some of the cats came into his area at night and when he spotted them it was all over. Certainly not the same a losing an old family friend that has been a house dweller with us for years.

Living in the country with a creek and lots of trees nearby has always a risk for small animals for us. Especially since the
DNR in their infinite wisdom imported Bob Cats several years ago. As if we didn't have enough predator issues with the coyote population.
We have lost several cats in the last 20 years. Some were to the outside dog that hates small animals like opossum, racoon, etc. I think some of the cats came into his area at night and when he spotted them it was all over. Certainly not the same a losing an old family friend that has been a house dweller with us for years.
I like the infinite wisdom comment, Roger! The truth! We get some lion sightings within a couple miles of here, but none have been seen in the neighborhood. It's a matter of time though since people are feeding turkeys and deer just down the street. We are all on one acre lots, so I guess you would call it semi-rural. The lions and now bears are coming back on their own around here. There is a hunting season for lions but not for bear yet.

Nice job on the sign layout. Really catches your eye. I'm no good at that sort of thing.
Thanks, Chris! I designed and made signs for over 30 years so that helps---LOL!

I've just found this thread, so a very belated Happy Birthday Doug. I sure hope Marge finds her way home.
I appreciate the thought, Lorna, I put stuff in this thread to help me remember what I'm doing from day to day---LOL!

The cat was sighted by Loree last night around midnight. She decided to get up and go take a look, and sure enough she was eating from her favorite way to get fed, a food puzzle toy. When Loree opened the door and started calling her, she ran. Now that we know she is still alive and around I put the toy in a live trap. I think she is laying low during the day somewhere and gets some confidence at night to go look for food. I went out with a flashlight hoping to see eyes glowing somewhere at least, but she hid good again, It is windy now but hopefully hunger will win out over wanting to stay sheltered tonight. Put the sign out by the road this morning too.
IMG_1141.jpg IMG_1142.jpg

Now we wait! I got to do some work on the windmill instead of headaching over the cat!

Installed the blades. By some stroke of luck I had perfect length bolts on hand. Just drilled the holes out to 1/4".
DSCN5954.JPG DSCN5955.JPG

Used a duckbill vise grip to bend a pitch into the fins to make it rotate clockwise. Don't know if that direction is correct, but it works for me.
Got the leaf blower out and tested it.
DSCN5956.JPG

It was in need of balancing. Probably gooped too much weld on one of the spokes. It doesn't look very clean and it took a lot of weight, but it seems balanced now. Longer bolts in one blade with some extra nuts jammed on.
DSCN5958.JPG

Put the head back on the tower.
DSCN5957.JPG

The tower is next. Think I will cut some Massey Ferguson stickers for the tail too.

I better get back on some Christmas stuff as I have a few presents to wrap and with the cat fiasco the tree isn't quite ready for stuff to go under it.

DAC

Back