Craftsman 917.273100 2000 Estate find

Dash tower is removed, wire harness and fuel line extracted. Looks like the PO had some issues with lug bolts, hopefully my spare hubs will fit this, otherwise I'll have different size bolts. The long one is loose. I'll take this out one more time for a final pressure wash before removeing the tires and steering. Still on the fence on whether to remove the trans axle or not.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 9
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    177.2 KB · Views: 9
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    169.6 KB · Views: 11
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    139.9 KB · Views: 10
Windows 10 decided to do a massive update, so while that was happening I removed a bunch more stuff. Me and my busted knuckles are calling it a night.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 12
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 13
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 15
weekend wrap-up. Started the day off with scattered showers, I weed whacked in the rain. The rain quit and I moved everyone out for a final pressure wash. Finished that and put everyone away. As soon as that was done I showered and we went to town. Picked up some chicken and brats for the grill. I placed the frame on stands and pulled the wheels. Ending point for this weekend.

Attachments

• 0.jpg
    0.jpg
    222.3 KB · Views: 15
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 18
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 19
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 16
Found a company that will repair the deck for $150.00. I'll be dropping it off Thursday. Now I can get serious with the other parts and paint to order / pick-up.

Found a company that will repair the deck for $150.00. I'll be dropping it off Thursday. Now I can get serious with the other parts and paint to order / pick-up.
That a heck of a deal can buy one cheaper than that

Full week this week so not alot will get done. Dr. Appointment tomorrow, Dentist Wednesday, Deck delivery Thursday, you all know the drill. I checked the lug bolt situation, looks like the PO lost all the left side bolts and improvised. Luckly none of the threds are damaged (test fitted a good lug bolt). I have a good set some where around here.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 9
Dr. Appt is over, Deck dropped off at the Metal Fab shop. Dental appt. tomorrow. Getting there. Oh and I made a parts list from Jacks Small Engine. If I get everything from there, just over $300.00. I do plan to shop around some.
Looking at paint options also.

Dr. Appt is over, Deck dropped off at the Metal Fab shop. Dental appt. tomorrow. Getting there. Oh and I made a parts list from Jacks Small Engine. If I get everything from there, just over $300.00. I do plan to shop around some.
Looking at paint options also.
You should try a harbor freight gun. Once you go to spray with a gun you will never want to go back to spray paint.

I think I have it where I want it. More cleaning, and the sanding, masking, and painting will begin soon. October Tractor Show will take precedence, but work on this will continue abet slower. Parts list has been made, but needs tweeked some. Fluids, filters, belts, and several other items are on the list. I have a $300.00 + cart built at Jacks Small Engines. (New Tent is for the Tractor Show Camp out).
Space X was rumbling tonight.

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 9
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 9
What better place to break down tires than sitting on a chair in front of the A/C. Tires were filled with a “sticky messy goodness” which has no smell, thank goodness. Now to figure out the best way to clean these up without making a big mess.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 11
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 12
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 11
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 13
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 13
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 10
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    170.7 KB · Views: 9
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    146.9 KB · Views: 9
Only way to do this is with a hose and the pressure washer. No rust but the paint was flakeing off inside the rims. rinsed the tires out and dumped most of the water out. The Sun is taking care od removeing the rest of the water. Finished up cleaning the frame rails. next step is masking, sanding, and paint.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    203.2 KB · Views: 7
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    213.3 KB · Views: 7
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    188.1 KB · Views: 6
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    185.6 KB · Views: 7
  • extended.jpg
    extended.jpg
    176.6 KB · Views: 5
Hand sanded the frame with 220, and a small wire wheel. Masked the decals and rinsed the frame off. Waiting on shade as these are a billion degrees right now. Should have them painted this evening.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 7
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    182.5 KB · Views: 7
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    144.4 KB · Views: 6
Painted the frame rails, two cans of this gave me about 3-4 coats on each side. Paint dried in less than 20 minuets, but I'll let these sit over night before moving on.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 9
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 10
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 9
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    158 KB · Views: 9
Still evaluating and building a parts list. Just grabbed something off the shop floor, the steering assembly. Everything looks ok, but I'll order new bushings. 1 brass and 3 nylon. Parts list is at $330 but won't pull the trigger till I have the deck back from the welding shop.

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 6
I am going to split the parts list in half and order the first group tonight. I set up a roller cart to make moving the trans-axle easier, still looking for the service manual for Hydro Gear - BOU 10L-122 / 222-3010. Pressure washed the first group again and prepping for more sanding and paint. BBQing Ribs right now.
PS, I have some Sears 50" deck parts if anyone needs any.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 8
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 9
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 9
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    170 KB · Views: 6
  • X1.jpg
    X1.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 7
  • X2.jpg
    X2.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 7
See if this is what you need:

Attachments

• BLN-50327_P6.pdf
    1.8 MB · Views: 1
Thanks Kenny! I looked through the manual and found the oil is 20-50W but haven't found how to change it or how much. Need to look closer.

PD Ribs were saved! yum.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 4
Back