Hill Top adventures

All the rain this week gave another wash on the driveway. Leveled that out and tried to make a breaker right behind that so the runoff from the road continues on instead of making a creek down the drive. And then made another contour to channel the water that jumps the drive at another spot. Used the chunk of concrete as weight to get the blade to cut in better. Steering got really light for some reason.0728181612a.jpg0728181613.jpg0728181612b.jpg0728181628.jpg

I just found your thread, good reading. Thanks! Just the idea of having to live in one of those developments gives me the heebie geebies. Sooner live in a tent in the boonies than be that close to others. Come to think of it, that's pretty much where I do live, except in a house.... win, win :thumbs: !

Just found out what it might cost us to adopt our foster son. With it being private and not from the foster system we cover all costs. One of those bills that makes you sick to look at. But at the same time he has wiggled his way into our lives and the thought of giving him up makes me sick.
Today we finished up framing a store. It is an oddball with the wood construction. Usually would be steel framing which is not our expertise.
0730181106.jpg

Hope you can swing the adoption! Lots of kids out there that need good homes and not enough places for them to go.

Looks like barbell weights on the back wheels of that tractor. I've got a bunch laying around that need to be used for something like that or scrapped. Lift them? Yeah---right!

DAC

The barbell weights are working fairly good for me. Just a couple minutes and I can add another 70 pounds per wheel or take them off just as easily. Back in the spring at a plow day, I was crossing a furrow and bumped the spring clamp knocking it off and lost a weight.

If I ever get around to building sleeve hitches, I was thinking they could be good weights on a gravel drag too but wheel weights was my first thought. The sets I have mostly have an iron sleeve with a set-bolt but one has threads on the bar with a knock off nut. I thought that attachment deal on yours was something I had never seen before.

DAC

If I ever get around to building sleeve hitches, I was thinking they could be good weights on a gravel drag too but wheel weights was my first thought. The sets I have mostly have an iron sleeve with a set-bolt but one has threads on the bar with a knock off nut. I thought that attachment deal on yours was something I had never seen before.

DAC
I had a set of 30 pound wheel weights that I started with. Put a 5 lb on the inside of that and a 10 on the outside bolting those together. That is what the bar sits in then to hold the extra outside ones.

Tiring day at work and crazy traffic on the way home. 60 miles of heavy and slow traffic. I think if you are scared to do the speed limit on the highway, you should stay in the right lane and not be a hindrance to everyone else.

Getting ready to sink my choppers into a meal of fresh taters from our garden. The day seems better now.;);)
Lots of butter on the fresh veggies.

Looks much better and will function better shedding off the elements. You are making me miss my carpenter days!

DAC

Last edited:
Looks much better and will function better shedding off the elements. YUou are making me miss my carpenter days!

DAC
. YUou are making me miss my carpenter days!

DAC
That was the abbreviated version. The full version would include all the parts of framing that makes you want to hang up the hammer. Like cutting through ceilings and having insulation and plaster dust sliding down your back. Sawzall blade giving a shower of sparks as it finds the hot wire that you didn't. Or the imprint a 2x can leave on your arm.....
0708182144.jpg

Ouch! I have a couple scars from back then but it was mostly fun work, mainly liked new construction----remodels, not so much. I work at a 50 year old sewer plant now so some of the stuff falling down your neck---ahh, guess what's falling down my neck when we are repairing and servicing tanks---LOL!

DAC

Was watching the rain runoff last evening as it dumped on us. The contours that I put in the drive way were full and I think directed most of the water to where I want it. Glad I got it done. Gonna be a lazy morning cause I woke up with a kink in the lower back that doesn't go away.

Back